Diablo® III

no witchdoctor movement speed defensive?

85 Human Paladin
Seems odd every other class gets a tele/vault/leap/dash type ability and witchdoctors really get nothing of the sort.
Reply Quote
I'm thinking that perhaps they feel that the ability to reduce damage taken by up to 40%, combined with multiple snares, confuse, horrify, spirit walk and the ability to get decent passive heals that are tied to other abilities (healing journey and phlebotomize) MIGHT be enough to survive long enough to kill a target without needing an escape. But we'll see, it might end up being that burst is so high in relation to even well geared level 60 HP pools that all it will take is for a Barb to get on you with no fear/spirit walk on CD and you'll be turned into mulch very very fast.
Reply Quote
04/18/2012 08:39 PMPosted by Ostrowski
Seems odd every other class gets a tele/vault/leap/dash type ability and witchdoctors really get nothing of the sort.

What would you consider Spirit Walk to be?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
spirt walk just makes you immune to slow, its not a form of quick travel after youve cleared an area, nor is it a " im surrounded i need to get out move".
Reply Quote
04/18/2012 08:44 PMPosted by D3BETA
But we'll see, it might end up being that burst is so high in relation to even well geared level 60 HP pools that all it will take is for a Barb to get on you with no fear/spirit walk on CD and you'll be turned into mulch very very fast.

Why do people make comments like this that make zero sense? You do realize that pvp is not being released with the game right? This means you are now basing your comments around things that you 1) have no clue about and 2) aren't even going to exist in the game for who knows how long.

Seriously, when Blizzard says something isn't going to be in at release, they mean you'll get it in the first expansion. Don't expect PvP for 6 months bare minimum, but probably more like 2 years. What's that you say? You want an example? Absolutely!

When Starcraft 2 was in development, the map marketplace was going to ship with Starcraft 2. Then, nearing release, they said that it "wouldn't be in at release, but would be in soon". Fast forward to now. Guess what, no map marketplace. We are supposedly getting it with the expansion, whenever that is.

Not that I care much about the map market place as I am not a map maker, but the point still stands. I wouldn't worry about PvP in the slightest until we know it is coming in the next month or so. I have a funny feeling that is going to be years from now myself.
Edited by Antpile#1723 on 4/18/2012 9:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Way to overreact over something you apparently didn't comprehend. That comment was entirely speculative, as indicated by the words we'll see, and might. In no way shape or form did my comment imply that I thought that pvp was going to be out upon release, and it could just as easily apply to monsters in pve; but I forgot to put "mobs/barb" instead of just barb. Additionally his post just expressed concern for the lack of a true escape ability, his post didn't frame it as being strictly at launch or strictly in pve or anything, it was an open comment. I know pvp won't be in at launch, but his comment had no contextual qualifiers that would exclude talking about POSSIBLE negative pvp ramifications in the future if things remain as they are. Your post is entirely overboard in a knee jerk manner.
Edited by Masquerade#1955 on 4/18/2012 10:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
04/18/2012 09:08 PMPosted by Ostrowski
spirt walk just makes you immune to slow, its not a form of quick travel after youve cleared an area, nor is it a " im surrounded i need to get out move".

It makes you immune to slow while making you invisible, increasing your movement speed and leacing a physical decoy.

It is most certainly a " im surrounded i need to get out move".
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
and this information was gathered from where? cause im seeing nothing stating that, sorry dont have beta.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Well WD got Big bad Voodo which increase attacl speed and movement speed by 20% for 20 sec ( 120 sec cd ) Duration can be upgraded to 30sec
And horrify with stalker bost your speed by 20% for 4 sec
As well as spirit walk and the passive skill spirit vessel who are 2 get out of combat spell
Reply Quote
I don't think any other classes have a ranged AoE snare either (like Grasp of the Dead).

ETA: Entangling shot, but I don't think that slows movement up to 80%
Edited by nycgags#1368 on 4/19/2012 7:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
04/19/2012 01:07 AMPosted by Ostrowski
and this information was gathered from where? cause im seeing nothing stating that, sorry dont have beta.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Kj62Uc5irc

the guy in the video doesn't mention it other than the fact you can use your "spirit clone" as he called it to distract enemies.

Spirit walk is right around the 36-37 second mark.

Edit: im sure there are better examples, that was just the first result when i searched diablo spirit walk into youtube haha
Edited by ALittleHazey#1268 on 4/19/2012 2:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]