Diablo® III

enGB or enUS downloader?

I pre-downloaded the client for Diablo 3 but it turns out it was automatically set to download the enGB client and not enUS, will this prevent me from playing on American servers or anything?

Would really suck to find out on the day that I screwed up and can't play with the Americans/Kiwis/Aussies because I got the wrong client

Would love some clarification!
Reply Quote
It's global access to play, just pick the realm/server and you can start a character & join/create games but it's not global access for the RMAH. So yeah you should be able to play with us :)
Reply Quote
For RMAH purposes you want to play on the NA realm. The NA server has the US-RMAH and the Australian-RMAH. And most Australians will be playing on the NA realm. This refers what realm you want to play on as an Australian. All the NA people and most of the Aussies will play play on the NA realm.

Yes any game client can access any D3 realm (Different to SC2), you'll still have the above realm issues.

And for localisation, I know the GB version will only have UK english as far as I know. And the US version will have the US english and possibly Australian english too.

I am Australian. And I am buying instore (that will get me the US version - the same version I would recommend to download). And I will be playing on the NA realm for access tot he US and Australian RMAH's.

Also you should read this topic. The first post there especially.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4175551303
It basically says the new default realm for Aussies and NZ people is the NA realm.
Edited by the8thark#1241 on 4/19/2012 6:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]