Diablo® III

Witch Doc Problems

90 Troll Hunter
I refuse to play with a WD using spiders as their main attack. The constant jar smashing is easily the most annoying sound mechanic Bliz has ever released. Give it a month or two and I'll be playing with sound off, but for now I'd like to hear the voice overs and audio work instead of CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
04/23/2012 10:16 PMPosted by Sïlkysmooth
I refuse to play with a WD using spiders as their main attack. The constant jar smashing is easily the most annoying sound mechanic Bliz has ever released. Give it a month or two and I'll be playing with sound off, but for now I'd like to hear the voice overs and audio work instead of CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK.

That's a good point. I had not even thought about the sound being annoying, yet. I only played the doc for about 30 min before deciding never to play one again. lol. sad but true :( I want my necromancer back!
Reply Quote
Amen! The Spider pots are the most annoying attack in the game! Not to mention ridiculous logically.

But it's totally logical for someone to shoot ice beams from their hands, backflip 30 yards in 0.3 seconds, whip out a huge magical hammer and smash crap, or throw 360 degree spin kicks of fire?

Get. A. Clue.
Reply Quote
See you at launch, thanks for stopping by to complain, etc, etc, yadda yadda yadda.

Nothing new to see here folks, move along.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Your brother is 10 and he is calling the Jar of Spiders Retarded? wow... Have you even looked at the Lore of the Witch doctor? He is from the Jungles and Hes a ... Witch DOCTOR!!! that means he has Jars of fing Spiders and poisonous darts... Some ppl I cant believe we r having this dumb conversation.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
04/23/2012 10:16 PMPosted by Sïlkysmooth

Idk about other ppl but when I was playing with my brother on the Open Beta Weekend I thought most classes and their skills having "annoying" sounds... but then again my brother had his volume up like 50% more than mine. After I lowered mine down a bit it was quite fine and Thats why there are Sound adjustments in Options... Have you ever played a game... or what? I for one liked the Smashing of Jars Sound and it brung back memories of D2 spamming skills like a BEAST.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
See you at launch, thanks for stopping by to complain, etc, etc, yadda yadda yadda.

04/23/2012 10:38 PMPosted by Psyopz
People are fine with being able to summon eels at will in the middle of a desert, but God forbid you have a couple of jars under a loin cloth.

- I agree with both of you... like stop complaining you people are cynical.
Reply Quote
They get their jars from the same emporium that sells bulk grenades and five-foot tall crossbow towers to demon hunters.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
04/23/2012 10:37 PMPosted by Gumpilicious
Amen! The Spider pots are the most annoying attack in the game! Not to mention ridiculous logically.

But it's totally logical for someone to shoot ice beams from their hands, backflip 30 yards in 0.3 seconds, whip out a huge magical hammer and smash crap, or throw 360 degree spin kicks of fire?

Get. A. Clue.

We understand that the game is a fantasy world full of unrealistic magic and stories, but come on... throwing pots? Full of spiders that die in 2 seconds? As... one of your main attacks? I am just saying that there are SO many better ideas. They too would be unrealistic in nature, being magic or something similar, but it could be a lot cooler than THROWING FREAKIN POTS!

Ok it's like this. Imagine that there was a class called a dragon master. Sounds cool right? But lets say that one of his main abilities is called "Rat Baskets" and what he/she did was throw baskets full of rats, in a constant, rapid, endless supply, over and over. And the sound was a repetitive squeaking noise over and over in rapid succession. Oh, and the rats died in like 2 seconds.

Now... out of all the other possible ideas that could have been given to an character called a "dragon master", like oh idk, SUMMONING DRAGONS? Instead, They give him rat baskets. And then when you complain about it to people, some of them agree with you that the ability is totally stupid, while others tell you to get a clue.

I have a Witch Doctor, that throws spider pots. He could have curses, poison arrows, spider summons, ghost flames, heck idk. But no, I get spiders in a pot. Like, that was the best they could come up with. Spiders, that die instantly, in a pot... And to make it even sillier, the character throws them out in a rapid rate, out of thin air.

I get magic fire balls coming out of thin air, that is magic. Spider pots coming out of thin air is just... lame. I can't think of a better word. Even Harry Potter would be like "Dude that's the lamest spell ever, and you're talkin to a guy who has a spell that can tickle his opponent, produce a bunch of flowers, and make birds fly out of his wand."
Edited by Anarchius#1869 on 4/24/2012 2:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
People are fine with being able to summon eels at will in the middle of a desert, but God forbid you have a couple of jars under a loin cloth.

lmao that actually made me laugh pretty hard. :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage

Officer Barbrady?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
04/24/2012 06:48 AMPosted by Foxfur
Your brother is 10 and he is calling the Jar of Spiders Retarded? wow... Have you even looked at the Lore of the Witch doctor? He is from the Jungles and Hes a ... Witch DOCTOR!!! that means he has Jars of fing Spiders and poisonous darts... Some ppl I cant believe we r having this dumb conversation.

No i get it, they are cool. It would just be a lot cooler if the spiders were like, a summon. Like imagine having several, or one big bad spider at your side, biting and poisoning your foes as your assaulted them with your blow dart gun. I think the spider idea is cool. I get how they fit the doc's story. I just wish they came in a better form than... pots, where they die instantly, and you have to throw a thousand a day. It just seems like the ability could have been made better. That's all I'm saying. I totally dig the whole spider theme. Throw in a snake, a blinding dart, a few curses, and a jaguar, and we are in business!
Reply Quote
87 Troll Warrior
Thank you. That drives me crazy! IO hate it when i'm mobbed, and my Witchdoctor is frantically breaking jars over the zombies heads instead of using the dagger or club in his hand... Please fix that!
Edited by MisterMunkee#1592 on 4/24/2012 2:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
04/24/2012 06:53 AMPosted by Foxfiend

Idk about other ppl but when I was playing with my brother on the Open Beta Weekend I thought most classes and their skills having "annoying" sounds... but then again my brother had his volume up like 50% more than mine. After I lowered mine down a bit it was quite fine and Thats why there are Sound adjustments in Options... Have you ever played a game... or what? I for one liked the Smashing of Jars Sound and it brung back memories of D2 spamming skills like a BEAST.

ya i guess you can't really get away from spamming sounds. And it's true that each class is bound to have one. I guess the sound of breaking pots just isn't as cool as axe cleaves or lighting blasts. I mean it's like if a stranger heard you from the other room, he would hear axes and magic blasts, and then... what the heck is that? Is that... pots smashing repeatedly over and over? What kind of game is he playing?

I guess all you have to say at that point is..."They are my spider pots, dude, relax"
Reply Quote
at this point you're having a conversation with yourself, let the thread die or join another one stating the exact same things.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage

- I agree with both of you... like stop complaining you people are cynical.

Ad hominem
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
04/24/2012 02:19 PMPosted by Gimlett
Thank you. That drives me crazy! IO hate it when i'm mobbed, and my Witchdoctor is frantically breaking jars over the zombies heads instead of using the dagger or club in his hand... Please fix that!

Join the cause brother! fight the pots! lol
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
04/24/2012 02:24 PMPosted by Foadski
at this point you're having a conversation with yourself, let the thread die or join another one stating the exact same things.

Non-Sequitur
Reply Quote
@Sunfire

I generally would never agree with this line of argument (idc how made up stuff is in a fake game). However, you actually make some good points.

There is only a certain amount people can suspend disbelief and I have to admit, Jar-o-spider and Poison Dart Sword are both pretty darn close to my limit. I have been playing games long enough to take bats dropping plate for granted, but as Sunfire says, I always assumed my char would more or less just do stuff I wish I could do (backflips and summoning eels included!).

The absolute lack of relation between the sword and blowgun / jar-o-spiders is a pretty big stretch. At least with a mage you can talk about magic and how it focuses through ... blah blah blah. The monk is SUPPOSED to be hitting things with it's fist ... the blowgun though?

I feel like perhaps we are treading on an unstated agreement in gaming. You may do things that make no sense as long as you back them up with completely nonsensical but generally accepted reasoning. Mages get stats from staffs then shoot fireballs because that is how people agree magic works.
I promise if the WD shot out poison bolts magically conjured above his hand, there would be little to no problem. If your WD conjured spiders into being magically at a target location and they died out 2s later, problem most likely solved. It's the weird vehicle for these attacks that has people out of sorts I think.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]