Diablo® III

Diablo® III Open Beta Weekend

(Locked)

OB was awesome. Bring on May 15.
I only got in on the last day, but it was allgood!! Played the Wiz, DH and Monk, in that order, but tho the DH is Awesome, yeah the Monk, That's what's Up, for me anyway.. cya'll when its Live!
04/22/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Björn
Its a shame, my computer can run this just fine but because I cant get Vista to install SP2 I am unable to play D:

Just get the preview of win8... it's free (until it expires), and it plays D3 great (likely better than vista).
EXTEND THE OPEN BETA TILL ALL SERVERS CLOSE AT GAME LAUNCH!!!! PLEASE! :D 3days is not enough....
Cant you give the fans a few more days, if you didn’t purge our characters by now, then its a sign. I thought this would be open beta as well, but i was mistaken. The sample was tasty, but give the true fans there real achievement. As well the Beta sorta hit me in the face, all day Friday I was working on a Lab for school. Its finals in some places right now...and im EE
Thanks, I'll give it a try the next chance I get.
is open beta done? i cant log in and I just finished downloading it :(
04/23/2012 11:08 AMPosted by Vagner
is open beta done? i cant log in and I just finished downloading it :(

it's over!
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Damnit... I was 20% off from getting overachiever, was planning to finish it up before it closed >.<... Now im sad :(
sigh, was too busy this weekend didn't get the chance to play at all... All i can do is wish for an extension. or wait till may 15...
Just enjoyed my 2.5 hours of beta time :)

Graphics: 10/10

Sound: 10/10

Performance: 5/10:
* Well, it ran quite smoothly at 2560 x 1440 with all settings maxed, but it would completely stop rendering graphics for 5 seconds at a time while loading new content... 16gb of ram wasn't enough to pre-cache game data? And I could hear my character being hacked up and dying while I'm looking at some old frame from 5 seconds ago :/ Glad I didn't have time to try hardcore mode.

Bugs: 5/10:
* Pathfinding was ridiculously bad at times. We can walk around a wall, but not to an object there?
* Black-screen & cursor on exit... requiring hard reboot...

Controls: 1/10:
* 1 point for letting us map 'move' to a key... but why is that all? Area transitions would logically fit in with that key surely?
* Can't remap 'action' / 'primary attack' or 'secondary attack' to keyboard so can't take a break from the LMB/RMB spam-fest...
* The above ARE on the config screen... with LMB & RMB icons greyed out to taunt us? :(
* Had some issues with running at mobs instead of using long range skills so I used the only available workaround: the shift key, but that felt quite clunky. I guess reaching down from 1 to shift didn't help, but I didn't have time for a round of keyboard-tetris before the beta closed.

Overall it looks great but I'm a bit disappointed with the arbitrary limitations to controls. We can't exactly mod the UI to fix that either...
Edited by VTS#1690 on 4/23/2012 11:20 AM PDT
90 Tauren Druid
How evil of you Blizzard, you got me sucked in only to take it away and make me wait for another 3 weeks!

Had some great fun though.
I really liked my experience, thank for the Open BETA. I've been waiting for a long time to get in the Closed BETA. I really enjoyed myself (tried all 5 classes to level 10, King completed), especially a run with 3 friends on Hardcore. We had a LOT of fun (using Skype for conversation).

That being said, here are some minor things I would like to say:
- Probably because it's a beta, but the Crafting was very limited in terms things to craft. I expected more options, but again, probably limited in the beta.

- Probably because it's a beta again, but I felt that the 3d models for characters (heroes) were lacking. The environment is beautiful, but the heroes looks to be downgraded a lot in terms of visual quality, especially when you see your Hero in the Profile dialog (main menu).

- One little complaint I have is the identification of rare items. I prefer the Diablo 1 avenue where you needed Cain to identify it. It made it more satisfying and I was more trilled every time, instead of just right clicking on it in my inventory. My own preference though.

- Another little complaint is the followers. I found that they were following to close. Many times my follower was so close to my hero I had difficulty seeing where on character ended and the other started. A little more distance would be welcome.

- Now a personal choice: I would prefer a little more customization for the Hero. Not a big engine, just the ability to change hairs, colors (hairs), etc. No eyes or face, since we never see the Heroes so close, but just to help differentiate 2 Heroes of the same class. In my playthrought I made with my friends, we were 2 Monks and it was often hard to differentiate which one was mine.

That's about it. All 5 classes were a blast to play (preferred Monk, where Mage was the least loved one in my case). Congrats, can't wait to May 15!
70 Blood Elf Warrior
I Hated the beta. i loved the graphics and the new outlook on the game but there is absolutly no character customization at all.... if you have to wizards the same level they will have the same skills and passives. were as in diablo 2 you could have a fire/frost or necromacers could summon an army or curse people. And a wizard could wear the same gear as my barbarian and monk! the only diffrence was the magical properties! I REALLY hope they do a complete makeover on the gameplay for this is a disgrace to the Diablo series! Dont get me wrong i love Diablo. I played sense the first once came out and enjoyed EVERY second of it. But i have a horrible feeling that this is less rpg and more hack and slash. i mean you dont even get skill points.... you dont even get to choose your skills? please fix this before launch!
Edited by Sonicfirecmk#1791 on 4/23/2012 12:21 PM PDT
04/23/2012 12:20 PMPosted by Leadron
I Hated the beta. i loved the graphics and the new outlook on the game but there is absolutly no character customization at all.... if you have to wizards the same level they will have the same skills and passives. were as in diablo 2 you could have a fire/frost or necromacers could summon an army or curse people. And a wizard could wear the same gear as my barbarian and monk! the only diffrence was the magical properties! I REALLY hope they do a complete makeover on the gameplay for this is a disgrace to the Diablo series! Dont get me wrong i love Diablo. I played sense the first once came out and enjoyed EVERY second of it. But i have a horrible feeling that this is less rpg and more hack and slash. i mean you dont even get skill points.... you dont even get to choose your skills? please fix this before launch!

Hymm...Diablo always was Hack and Slash?

P.S. spell check is your friend
Edited by Bellexus#1133 on 4/23/2012 12:25 PM PDT
I too was definitely disappointed with the lack of character customization
Beta was a wonderful experience for me Blizz.

Kudos to all of your guys' hard work and dedication! I'm sure you guys skim these posts so I'll comment on a few things that I noticed made the gameplay a little bit less hassle free.

The first being the targeting delay that i experienced when trying to engage objects while on the run. Many times while playing a ranged character, I would be on the run through an environment and want to quick stop and pop some urns for gold; the issue was that as I was moving, I was unable to click the urns (or monster, or entrance to next level of dungeon, etc). I would always run right over to the object that I wished to stop and shoot just to stand on top of it. These items were fairly easy to target and engage while standing still, but I wasted a lot of time trying to target things on the run just to run over to them.

Second would be just the character graphics. The environment is amazing and detailed and I am a huge fan of that. But, my character in the loading screen (all graphics settings maxed) is pixelated and blocky.

This one isn't Blizz's fault but I feel obligated to QQ on the internet that I missed my beta overachiever by two levels...just 2! :( stayed up all night sunday to finish of the achievement for the banner and my internet cut out horribly at 5am...such is life. Needless to say, I am PRAYING for a last minute beta invite (if my characters haven't been wiped already) and was very sleepy in lecture today.

Keep up the good work Blizz! Can't wait for release

QQ-fest over
04/23/2012 10:44 AMPosted by Zealalot
Its a shame, my computer can run this just fine but because I cant get Vista to install SP2 I am unable to play D:

Just get the preview of win8... it's free (until it expires), and it plays D3 great (likely better than vista).

Win 8 is horrible, it may be very good at playing games but the easy of use like Win 7 is gone. Hopefully they give you options to revert the start menu back to win 7.

http://youtu.be/tcPUHpb9pE0 purely the start menu is what i am going off of.
Really enjoyed the open beta weekend. Thanks blizzard was nice to check out the classes and find out which one I was going to play when the game was actually released(Wizard). I like how the game was going and really like how you have all the skills open to change and try out what set works for you without penelty till end game. Keep up all your great work, I can't wait for May 15.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]