Diablo® III

Open Beta - Tips & Troubleshooting

(Locked)

04/22/2012 03:35 PMPosted by Slayvus

Monk, Barb, Wiz, Witch... working on Demon Hunter now

I got Barb, Demon, Witch so far, working on Wiz. Starting to have a hard time deciding which class I want to play first when game goes life. Still sold on Barb at the moment, but it keeps waivering.

I think Barb is overpowered, I feel like I am in god mode while playing lvl 13 Barb. I don't take damage from anything at all. Monk was pretty cool tho.
86 Human Priest
I really agree thant the Barb is WAY too strong compared to other classes!
04/22/2012 03:39 PMPosted by Rotulette

Yea, even in a game with all lvl 13, the barb just smashes through everything... even the rare monsters. I might be playing the Witch Doctor wrong, but he seems a little weak. Again, might be my playstyle.

I got Barb, Demon, Witch so far, working on Wiz. Starting to have a hard time deciding which class I want to play first when game goes life. Still sold on Barb at the moment, but it keeps waivering.

I think Barb is overpowered, I feel like I am in god mode while playing lvl 13 Barb. I don't take damage from anything at all. Monk was pretty cool tho.

My Demon Hunter takes no damage at 13 right now. Things die to fast. Same with the WD. And the AoE from class to class may seem OP when you look at it at a glance but when you look into it it's pretty balanced. You normally just see 1 person clearing an entire dungeon in an open game because no one else gets their skills off fast enough. And, being Beta some classes are going to have an edge on others, I'm betting it levels off in act 2 a the earliest, if not by the end of act 1.
After installing the beta and clicking "Play", game opens up with music but no screen. I can hear myself entering my name and password into boxes but its just a black screen.
Anyone else get this?

computer
Lenovo T420s
Windows 7 64
90 Human Warlock
I hope its become more equal after all, wizard seems to week compared to other i played!

but the gear is a bit misadapted to since its too early in the game!
After installing the beta and clicking "Play", game opens up with music but no screen. I can hear myself entering my name and password into boxes but its just a black screen.
Anyone else get this?

computer
Lenovo T420s
Windows 7 64

Well, right now, the servers are down until at least 6:08 pacific time. I dunno if right now is a good time to judge anything. If this was happening over 30 minutes ago, then my suggestion is to review your video drivers.

It is not Win64:
i7/Win 64/16 gig ram/560 ti/ SSD
04/22/2012 03:40 PMPosted by DiscoBall

Yea, even in a game with all lvl 13, the barb just smashes through everything... even the rare monsters. I might be playing the Witch Doctor wrong, but he seems a little weak. Again, might be my playstyle.

With my WD I tend to steamroll through elite mobs and everything. Using corpse spiders with leaping spider rune and knocking out that aoe int booster I am hitting 60+ damage just screwing around.

My Demon Hunter takes no damage at 13 right now. Things die to fast. Same with the WD. And the AoE from class to class may seem OP when you look at it at a glance but when you look into it it's pretty balanced. You normally just see 1 person clearing an entire dungeon in an open game because no one else gets their skills off fast enough. And, being Beta some classes are going to have an edge on others, I'm betting it levels off in act 2 a the earliest, if not by the end of act 1.

Good point, most have moved on from Skeleton King by level 7ish, so 13 is pretty high for the area.
04/22/2012 03:32 PMPosted by Slayvus
What was your first betamaxed class? Lets make a discussion out of it instead of complaining about downtime.

Wizard, Monk, Demon Hunter, Witch Doctor, Barb

Now I'm just working on resurrecting all the classes and I'll have every achievement :)
Good point, most have moved on from Skeleton King by level 7ish, so 13 is pretty high for the area.

It's funny that you can find a skill that you can use to super clear an entire floor of the cath. The peircing shot for DH or fire rapid shot tend to do a good job at it. Bola shot seems a little wimpy unless you get a big group of things then the fireworks are great.
04/22/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Slayvus

It's funny that you can find a skill that you can use to super clear an entire floor of the cath. The peircing shot for DH or fire rapid shot tend to do a good job at it. Bola shot seems a little wimpy unless you get a big group of things then the fireworks are great.

But would that skill clear a later dungeon with higher levels, likely not. The later skills are mostly past level 10-11, so in natural gameplay, you would not have them until after this area of the game anyways... unless you are an explorer and like to hang out longer than necessary.
04/22/2012 03:48 PMPosted by DiscoBall

But would that skill clear a later dungeon with higher levels, likely not. The later skills are mostly past level 10-11, so in natural gameplay, you would not have them until after this area of the game anyways... unless you are an explorer and like to hang out longer than necessary.

I dont know, hungering shot seems like it could hang for a good while. The pierce chance on it makes it a very valuable kill shot since I can get mine to bounce through a skeleton 2 or 3 times before it stops.
Im getting an Error File "C: \Programfiles (x86)\ Diablo IIIBeta\ updates\ d3-0-9359-winfinal.mpq " When im trying to install the beta file. Ive reinstalled the file a few times always same response any Idea what the issue is?
One thing that frustrates me a bit and I hope doesn't happen after go-live. Sometimes I launch D3 Beta and the client doesn't actually open. I can see the icon in my dock but the process shows "Not Responding". I assume it's a communication problem, which is fine during a beta.

However, the client never times out. I have to force quit the process. When I go to relaunch the client, it tells me "Diablo 3 Beta is already running". My only option is to reboot my computer. I'm on a Mac.

Same thing here.

I dont know, hungering shot seems like it could hang for a good while. The pierce chance on it makes it a very valuable kill shot since I can get mine to bounce through a skeleton 2 or 3 times before it stops.
Just started my DH, but the preceding games introduced monsters with more blocking and resistance to particular magics as it progressed later. My guess is that we are simply overplaying the lower levels (3-4 times) like you suggested originally.
Edited by DiscoBall#1915 on 4/22/2012 3:54 PM PDT
Just started my DH, but the preceding games introduced monsters with more blocking and resistance to particular magics as it progressed later. My guess is that we are simply overplaying the lower levels (3-4 times) against a lower level area like you suggested originally.

Well yes, but you can still gauge how the skills we have now might service you later. Example, I think rapid fire is going to be in some high level groups just because how fast it shells out damage. Different runes perhaps but still there. Another, shock wave. I see that staying in groups for a while just because...it's fun.
04/22/2012 03:55 PMPosted by Slayvus
Just started my DH, but the preceding games introduced monsters with more blocking and resistance to particular magics as it progressed later. My guess is that we are simply overplaying the lower levels (3-4 times) against a lower level area like you suggested originally.

Well yes, but you can still gauge how the skills we have now might service you later. Example, I think rapid fire is going to be in some high level groups just because how fast it shells out damage. Different runes perhaps but still there. Another, shock wave. I see that staying in groups for a while just because...it's fun.

Too bad half the players are joining games and then running off on their own and abandoning the group... I need to find some of the community players in-game.
Too bad half the players are joining games and then running off on their own and abandoning the group... I need to find some of the community players in-game.

I tend to stay with the group for the most part when starting in because of the exp but when we hit Cath lvl 4 and have to find the way down I have lingered off on my own a few times. Though I ended up porting to town and grabbing a standard to catch up.
04/22/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Slayvus

I tend to stay with the group for the most part when starting in because of the exp but when we hit Cath lvl 4 and have to find the way down I have lingered off on my own a few times. Though I ended up porting to town and grabbing a standard to catch up.

And when you find it, you tell everyone to port to you... or you port to your team when they find it, right? That is divide and conquer, not what I am talking about. You don't hear a peep from these players, and they are basically not with the group the entire time.
Edited by DiscoBall#1915 on 4/22/2012 4:01 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]