Diablo® III

Open Beta - Tips & Troubleshooting

(Locked)

They don't need to extended the stress test because people 'feel' cheated, but I do think that if they need more data, they should keep the stress test going.

I'm assuming at this point Bliz knows what they lack and I suspect its hardware and infrastructure (or at least the ability to quickly ramp up if launch number match the 'free' stress test numbers) - and that will take time to put in. So they'll probably shut down for a while, but I'd expect at least one more stress test another weekend one or two weeks from now with all that in place.
85 Troll Mage
Ok, this is complete......sad for me, i work 12 hour days and heared about the beta for D3
this weekend now all i get after getting the beta it`s stuck on setup loading screen for 3 day.No errors just that green bar doesnt move its...stuck or something, well its sunday im again i tried fixing it for 3 hours again and need to go to sleep so i never even seen the logging screen...im very dissapointed i was looking forward for this
85 Worgen Warrior
then stop playing this game and use your "better time" elsewhere
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok, this is complete......sad for me, i work 12 hour days and heared about the beta for D3
this weekend now all i get after getting the beta it`s stuck on setup loading screen for 3 day.No errors just that green bar doesnt move its...stuck or something, well its sunday im again i tried fixing it for 3 hours again and need to go to sleep so i never even seen the logging screen...im very dissapointed i was looking forward for this

I had to change my firewall settings to allow the downloader to continue. Review Applications and search list for Battlenet in your Firewall.
Edited by Rygyr#1515 on 4/22/2012 9:59 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Paladin
After several errors, initial downloading errors and a few shutdowns, firewall modifications - successfully played D3 Beta and Completed all achieves over the weekend.

The cap is what keeps denying people access to the game - they are keeping the populations low to monitor game play. Those that are disappointed and feel unhappy they didnt get to play. The point is to test aspects of the servers and the games they couldnt do with the simple number of players assigned a BETA key. These tests have shown Blizzard what they need to see in order to prevent major issues upon release.

So for the number of Errors, shutdowns as such that occured I hope they have them all fixed for the release date. I would hate to see this for the game itself.
Edited by Rygyr#1515 on 4/22/2012 10:00 PM PDT
Played another 2 hours and in that time, gameplay was very stable. Able to switch between heroes and do public games without any errors popping up. Only 90,000 on public games at the time.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
error 3003 is not that I haven't been able to play n its ridiculous its on americas, router is fine ports r open, firewall down. so this weekend was rediculous
Played two different 2.5 hour sessions today co-op with the wife. We had only one connectivity issue logging in. We remedied that by simply attempting the login again...and it worked. The connectivity and gameplay was seamless from that point forward. It was a really good experience for it being a stress-test of a beta.

Some of the people on these forums need to stop complaining. If they don't like the game, stop playing it and leave it to the folks that actually DO enjoy it.
Edited by FrackinOwl#1941 on 4/22/2012 10:20 PM PDT
04/20/2012 01:51 PMPosted by Bashiok
Is anyone actually able to get in?

Yeah we have a ton of people in-game and playing right now. We're just working on trying to get a ton more in.

For those of you who didn't know Blizzard tons are messured in 300k people. 300,000 people = 1 ton. I hit the join game button and seen that it showed the amount of people in a game at the time. There were 288,000 people in games at that time and the chat channels were full. I assume the max amount per chat channel is 100 people. I believe they had at least 300k people online every second of the open beta. It seems that they got most of the issues fixed today as I can log in create game in a few seconds with no errors or crashes. It went from very unstable to really stable in two days not a bad stress test if you ask me.
One last run!
Hey Bash

How many servers are being used for the beta? And how does that compare to how many will be used on May 15th? I was thinking that we are currently useing 1 or very few servers for beta. I would think that how ever many servers are currently being used will double for the release on may 15th.

Do you know of any plans to bring Diablo 2 offline? I mean the game has being running on battle.net for over 10 years now and it has to come down sometime to make room for new things. I think with the release of Diablo 3 there will only be bots left on Diablo 2 and keep the game online would be a waste of space and money.

I read in PC gamer about games that ended on the servers and it talked about how the developers wanted to go out with a bang. Diablo 2 has been a huge game and it has to be one of the top selling games ever. I had at least 7 copies over 10 years. Does Blizzard plan to do something big to send Diablo 2 off? By big I don't mean a ladder resent.

Thanks

Charles
Please remember to get and use the beta client, not the pre-download retail client

The number of people who raged about downloading the retail instead of the beta client.

There are clear instructions and links to the download yet so many people failed this spectacularly.
Anyone else only getting stuck on the title screen? Been like this all day. Oh well... I hope this isn't how my game will "run" when I receive my preordered copy...
This is why they shouldn't allow me to play beta! I played and after beating the king once, caved and bought the pre-order. :P to bad I couldn't get the beta earlier, I always "break" games by testing things found a few issues with this beta but I don't know if this client was a standalone just for stress testing or is almost the full first part of the game. Oh well it should be great when it comes out.
After the downtime and everything, I got all but 2 achieves in open beta weekend. Smith was 14000 from max level and the res achieve. I have betamaxed and had a ball. I cant wait til it goes live.
85 Undead Death Knight
how was any1 able to get in with so many bugs? i tried lots of these tips and still wasnt able to solve my problem...
OVERACHIEVER. Just in time to not feel like the living dead at work. >.<
89 Draenei Death Knight
Lmao all in all it's been pretty smooth for a beta test well for me anyways. Minus everytime I see one of those treasure goblin dudes it miraculously decides to lag until he escapes and when I changed the FPS bars (I don't need to worry about it running slowly in the background) it has caused me to get stuck a few times (solution was logging) I think this is due to client/server going out of sync so don't change those settings lol. I certainly hope this isn't from updating my Intel/Nvidia VGA drivers :-S as the Nvidia ones actually mentioned being optimized for Diablo 3 lol. Anyways been having a blast thanks for the open Beta Blizz. And If your Looking for someone to continue test running the client on a labtop my system would be a good test bed. Oh and is there going to be dual client support? (I do this in EVE and I could easily in this game if capable)

Specs: Asus N53SN (Options: Blue-ray & BT 3.0)
Chipset INTEL HM65
CPU Core i7 2670QM 2.2-3.1Ghz Quad Core Hyperthreading
RAM 16GBs Corsair DDR3 1333mhz 8GBsx2 Dimm (2 of 4 occupied)
VGA Intel HD 3000 2Gbs shared / Nvidia GT550M 2GB
HDDs Kingston ssdNOW 200V+ 120GB internal / Seagate 7200rpm 750GB 2.5" mounted in USB3.0 external bay and running via 3.0 port (Client runs great on both even on 2.0 port :-D)
Displays: 42" Samsung 1080P LED LCD / 15.6" 760P LED LCD
AUCTION HOUSE BUG
==============

1.- Enter auction house
2.- click on XPS button
3.- Appears a message "!!missing currency"
4.- click again on XPS button

your gold account will down from 36.368 to 5.038 O.o!
89 Draenei Death Knight
Oh and Demon Hunters are bad !@#... maybe even too much lol.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]