Diablo® III

Open Beta - Tips & Troubleshooting

(Locked)

what the hell? I could've sworn they said they were going to stress test until may 1st. Maybe that just referred to the beta as a whole.
100 Gnome Rogue
What is the error 24100?
100 Goblin Mage
no more beta test?
100 Human Rogue
Anyone with pre-purchased digital copy here?
I am almost positive it used to say "this Battle.net account does not have a Diablo III BETA ...". Now it says "license".
If you have pre-purchased digital copy do you have a license attached to your account?
If so, does that mean you can still play in beta?
SEA, error 12. hmmm.
100 Tauren Shaman
I guess it means the license for closed beta since it's a different client...

I've purchased the annual WoW pass (and received a free copy of D3) but didn't get the beta invite... so I only got to play during this open beta weekend...

Is there any chance I will receive the beta invite before May 1st? (since, as announced, servers will go down on that date on anticipation of May 15th)

PS: English is not my native language, so if I misspelled something or didn't express myself right I apologize.
3 Night Elf Hunter
I am receiving an ERROR 12 message today too. I ran the game last night and well after midnight DMT and it ran just fine and gave me no log in issues. Is this something that needs to be fixed or are we locked out for now?
04/23/2012 11:20 AMPosted by Azurepug
I am receiving an ERROR 12 message today too. I ran the game last night and well after midnight DMT and it ran just fine and gave me no log in issues. Is this something that needs to be fixed or are we locked out for now?

Didn't receive the memo huh? Open beta ended at 10am.
3 Night Elf Hunter
04/23/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Hypersonic

Didn't receive the memo huh? Open beta ended at 10am.

Thanks for the info. I saw different things in different places and somehow was under the impression they were running it until 5/1. I guess now I'll just have to be patient for a couple weeks.
error 12 nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
04/23/2012 11:26 AMPosted by Azurepug
Thanks for the info. I saw different things in different places and somehow was under the impression they were running it until 5/1. I guess now I'll just have to be patient for a couple weeks.

Closed beta is till May 1th.
100 Undead Warlock
damn error 12, i already change the password and still doesnt work
04/23/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Deathomega
damn error 12, i already change the password and still doesnt work

Open beta ended at 10am today.
Blizzard:

I don't know what kind of maintenance you guys did, but my game is lagging so much. The previous patch didn't lag at all and now I can't play more than a minute without the game lagging...
I completed the game with every class. I enjoyed the Monk the most so far with Witch Doctor second. I think Monk is the only one with a heal in the first 9 or 10 levels that I noticed.

After the initial opening problems on Fri night into Sat afternoon I didn't experience any real issues.

It was fun.

Can't wait to play the real game.
After betamaxed all 5 classes and 50-60 runs on Skeleton(Black) King I can only propose to include in release game 4 buttons in general, video or sound options. 1st button - turn off all physics. That mean there will be no flying bodies, wood logs moving 2-3 screens around, slow motion 4pillars destruction or junk from smashed cans/boxes, no stupid gold/gear popping out of nowhere. If something appears that lays on the ground sticky, bodies left where they died, skeletons not flying around aimlessly. To hell all that realism, it only consumes comp resources.
2nd setting - time before !@#$/crap/blood/splashes/woods ets disappears from screen 0sec-10sec.
Third button - turn off all noncombat animation, shadows/lights/glows/sprites, most fast rushing players need only skill/mob attack animations, they don't care about latterns/sprites on doors/portals/shrines etc. Last button(settings) - maybe there is a way in beta already - turn off lore completely, all videos/quest and char dialogs (I hate to push esc hundreds of times ingame) and all that crappy lore books introductions.
The best sounds in game are: music/skills sound/char voices, screams of dying monsters, rains/rivers of blood flooding out of them. I wanna more horror laughs, boss comments in fight, jokes of followers, sounds of destruction. I don't care about sounds of shields moving in circles or heads rolling to the underground abyss, it is already useless. Because when you run, seek&destroy, you don't have time to listen that crap.
If blizzards implement any of mentioned settings - that'll be greatly appreciated and increase playability in difficult event scenes with hordes of monsters summoned or crashed to the ground by Haunt for example.
Edited by Augreality#1508 on 4/23/2012 1:14 PM PDT
Shouldn't this thread be locking now that the open beta is over?
another week, and even closed beta is done.

two weeks after, we play D3 4 real.
Regarding point 1 - no way! The physics was great! It felt badass making people fly :D. What's your rig? I found that turning shadow quality to low and limiting foreground fps to 80 (human eye cant detect anything past 60 I heard) and background fps to 8 seemed to work well for me. Also I dont use the full HD mode - just the 1600x900 res.

I dont have a hardore gaming rig and it worked great for me :)
My issue doesn't even have an Error number or anything... when I download the 44 MB download for the client, I go to open that, and it starts out fine, but during the Diablo III setup, the green progress bar just sits in one place, just lined up approximately with the "S" in "Loading Setup Files..." I've left the computer on, my internet is fine, I've tried pulling this down 6 times now, and it always gets stuck during the Setup phase. Anyone else having this problem?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]