Diablo® III

Open Beta - Tips & Troubleshooting

(Locked)

I've been getting stuck at around 10%, where it eventually gives me either the 700 or 701 "Unknown Error". I tried a buncha different methods for downloading on both of my computers, but they all failed.

Then I tried downloading the WoW trial version just to see if it was a problem with Blizzard or my actual computer. Turns out I can't download the latest patch for WoW either, so it's definitely a design problem on Blizzard's part.

Typical Blizzard. Instead of trolling us with release dates, they create an open beta that nobody can actually download.

Just thought I'd leave up my error message numbers so anyone with a similar problem can know it's not their machines fault.
That's not about rig - it's about latency of 300ms(from Russia) + old non sata HD. And I didn't intent to mess other people gaming with most modern comps by not including physics. Just wanna turn off the crap physics, that's not mandatory for those with bad networks and video/cpu. You're lucky - at best hours of low activity on serv(America's night) I'd 20-30fps, and when something was destroyed it drop to 5-15. Rig - Intel P4 3Ghz, 2.5Ghz memory, Nvidia 9600GT, win7 32bit, 5Mbs net bandwidth, 240+ms ping to any american west coast serv.
Edited by Augreality#1508 on 4/23/2012 1:56 PM PDT
100 Draenei Death Knight
Is the Diablo3 beta open? if yes how can i play lol
yes i got on the game was great for what i was able to play on the betta wish their was more time with it but understand. their were a few problems on the logging in but the game was wroking prity fluid. thanks blizzard for makeing d3 one of the best games so far.
80 Blood Elf Death Knight
i cant get in error 12 -____-
This is how we play:
Rush through everything, skip all intros, slice and dice.

So much time to wait between the action. Could add is like they do in diablo 2, just have the intro the 1st time its done.

Having intros and speech its abit overkill.
47 Human Warrior
Was able to play open beta over this past weekend! Very Pleased
85 Troll Mage
Entitled kiddie wants HIS way of playing NOW! WAH! WAH!
Not everyone enjoyed being killed for no reason when they were out questing. I think it's good that there is no open world pvp. There will be a good pvp system for people who are interested, and for the so-called "millions" of gripers who get off on killing people that are just trying to quest there are plenty of other games in which you can do so, so by all means go and play them. You will not be missed in the Diablo world.
04/23/2012 03:23 PMPosted by TrM
Because 90% of diablo 2 WAS PVP and you leave 90% of your customers seeking more

Wrong. More people played Diablo 2 and NEVER EVEN LOGGED INTO BATTLENET than ever PvPd. Of all the people I know who played, no one ever touched PvP.

ARENA FOR YEARS AND YEARS WITH NO RANK SYSTEM LMAO

There is no class balance for PvP, hence no ranking. What fun would it be if everyone was playing for rank so they roll the same class? Why not play for fun rather then a pixilated pissing contest? Do you really need to know if you are better then others? Go play a game centered around this if you want. it has never been what the diablo series is about.

THIS GAME DOES NOT FIT IN THE DIABLO SERIES.....

You are a fool. Go play D1 and then D2. D3 feels just as much "diablo" as D2 did to D1. If you want Diablo 2.25 go play PoE. It's a great rehash of a game that has already been made. If you want innovation and something new play D3.
OMG fix error 12!! Try adding a beta license in my account, that may be enough!!
Do people not realize the open beat is done. Was just until 10 am today PDT.
no pvp

Dude, you do know they ARE putting in PvP, just not at release. They are waiting until the classes are balanced enough.
I totally enjoyed the fact to be part of the open beta and get a glimpse at the game.Got to play 3 classes to the end of the beta frame and totally enjoyed it.

I can not wait for May 15th, I will SO send my husband on a hunt to get me CE box ^^

As for PvP: Not a fan of it never have been. If i want to play PvP i play UT or some Strategy game, not a hack and slash.

This game totally rocks, can not wait to see more!

Thank you for letting us in! Hope the stress test helped. My question still stands though ^^ What if you ever shut down the online part, will you let us nerds continue standalone with a patch?
85 Tauren Druid
I must play some more but I didn't get the Beta invite!!! I've only had the chance to beat the Beta with 3 of the characters so far, with one 4 times.... I signed up for it and have the pre-order. Why Blizzard why????
i can only WISH they fix error 3007 before release because they way things are now, the ''tips'' do not seam helpful at all;

Error 3004, 3006, 3007, or 300008 - These are all related to timeouts or creation errors for characters or games. These are server-side issues, and need to be resolved on the game side. There are no workarounds for these errors except to try again.

Or in other words hope a miracle happen and you get to log in once after 100 attempts... whitch never happened.
i can only WISH they fix error 3007 before release because they way things are now, the ''tips'' do not seam helpful at all;

Error 3004, 3006, 3007, or 300008 - These are all related to timeouts or creation errors for characters or games. These are server-side issues, and need to be resolved on the game side. There are no workarounds for these errors except to try again.

Or in other words hope a miracle happen and you get to log in once after 100 attempts... whitch never happened.

Still you are aware this was a stress test? So they sometimes fiddled with enforced concurrency limits and overly open server on purpose? So I wouldn't call it a miracle if they fix it before release but rather a difference between a stress test and regular service. If they don't then I be on your side ^^.

Even during stress test, when i had that error or one of those, retrying did the trick within 15 minutes.
BLIZZARD YOU CUT ME DEEP... AND MILLIONS OF OTHER TRUE FANS......

And while I am here, can you do me a favor and only speak for yourself and not the rest of us ^^
so sad its only the weekend obt cannot wait!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]