Diablo® III

Open Beta - Tips & Troubleshooting

(Locked)

04/20/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Blackdawn
stress test fail; i got a coupon for newegg, you want Blizz? Can get some more servers.

OOO free shipping! XD

Px
I live in Canada and I am getting error 12. :-(
been trying since 6am here in australia.... no joy so far, just error 37....

have noticed also that probably 50% of the time, it seems to just grey out the password bit and not give any error.... you can't attempt to login again, only exit and reload it.
So it's an open beta, except for that fact it's closed?
Error 12 here - no license
It would be nice if blizzard take the cap off!
Blizzard Employee
04/20/2012 01:54 PMPosted by Finn
Hey Bash, is there gonna be a queuing system in D3? Is that just not part of the beta servers/stress test?

The issue is on authenticating people to get them into the game at all, and there's no queuing system to then verify people's accounts and log them in. If you think about WoW the queue is on getting you into your realm, not to log you into the game as a whole.
I just got in then i created my hero but it has an error starting the game and an error finding a game
i'm just guessing but thinking as programmer i think the Error 12 is showing cause maybe at the time you change the ability of granted power to users you still having a var that is looking for if the account email has flag as beta access, I could be wrong though cause i really don't know how did you program the access but is possibility that on code there still a restriction that you didn't see.
Blizzard Employee
04/20/2012 02:00 PMPosted by Metholated
So what's going to happen when D3 is released and hundreds of thousands of people are playing? SRY GUYZ, NOT SO MANY!

I guess we're lucky in that this stress test is specifically intended to find and resolve any such issues, which is why the open beta isn't called "Diablo III release".
Take your time.
89 Human Paladin
04/20/2012 01:59 PMPosted by Sherlock
So it's an open beta, except for that fact it's closed?

Whether the number of people that can log in at one time is limited, and what that limit is, is completely orthogonal to whether the beta is "open" or "closed".
I'm not sure what they are running off of but I know when we are dealing with our Servers at school, it's generally 15 minutes to get them running (after setting up config, which I'm not entirely sure how much input they have to do or if it's script based)

(I am not saying they'll have it fixed in 15 minutes)

It's a process that will take time is what I mean
Edited by bbrammer#1677 on 4/20/2012 2:05 PM PDT
04/20/2012 02:00 PMPosted by Bashiok
The issue is on authenticating people to get them into the game at all, and there's no queuing system to then verify people's accounts and log them in. If you think about WoW the queue is on getting you into your realm, not to log you into the game as a whole.

I get it. Thanks for the reply.
So will you announce here when you raise the cap?
80 Worgen Rogue
Sigh i guess i got excited for nothing... oh well just gonna chill for awhile till they fix the issue... Bashiok god speed ^_^.
80 Worgen Druid
i got friend that get stuck in log in then get dc right after it want to got to main screen to make toons
I think i was able to get this kind of error after I tried switching servers from america to asia back to america... not sure cause im really sleepy right now... hehehe but yes that was one of the steps i made that prompted a different message than the usual" you have been disconnected to battle.net"
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]