Diablo® III

Why are we forced to pick up gold?

04/21/2012 02:14 AMPosted by Dispirit
your laziness knows no bounds. you can't be bothered to run near gold for a second to pick it up? wonder what you're incapable of doing irl because it's a mild inconvenience.

He probably thinks showering is pointless because you just get dirty again anyway.
Reply Quote
04/21/2012 01:29 AMPosted by Kleevage
Collecting gold was most certainly not a part of most people's D2 playing.

Yea like the thread author.
But this not change the fact that gold pickup in Diablo is part of game like collecting white's for vendoring---you dont pick it like gold then this is your option, you end like poor player who dont have gold even for repair.

Because you are lazy you want to making gold pickup automatically?? c'mon blizz is not your mum who run to help their sweet baby only because it's LAZY
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
Love the thumbs down button, select trolling..
Edited by VileLated#1748 on 4/21/2012 3:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
04/21/2012 01:06 AMPosted by LtShaft
the problem is i'm spending 2-3s after each fight because i see some gold that got dropped from an ally killing a monster not near me. of course i could choose to not pick it up, but we all know only casual gamers think this way.

Actually I don't pick it up half the time. What's 30 gold. It's just like after you play D2 for so long you just don't care about items that much unless they're rares or better. Gold becomes less important to you.

ive made entirely all my gold from picking it up and i've gotten around 50-60k so far without needing to go out of my way. gold in d3 is a real currency. i'd suggest you starting picking some up for when the game releases. you're going to need it.
Reply Quote
04/21/2012 03:04 AMPosted by Bioplunk

Actually I don't pick it up half the time. What's 30 gold. It's just like after you play D2 for so long you just don't care about items that much unless they're rares or better. Gold becomes less important to you.

ive made entirely all my gold from picking it up and i've gotten around 50-60k so far without needing to go out of my way. gold in d3 is a real currency. i'd suggest you starting picking some up for when the game releases. you're going to need it.

Accounts are getting wiped on May 1st though?
Reply Quote
This thread is another example of the downward spiral that is a certain percentage of the fanbase. Disappointing, but not unexpected.

As someone else said earlier, I joined the thread to laugh at you. LOL
Reply Quote

Accounts are getting wiped on May 1st though?

"i'd suggest you starting picking some up for when the game releases. you're going to need it."
>When the game releases

>game releases

>Releases
Edited by Smackarn#1941 on 4/21/2012 4:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/21/2012 12:00 AMPosted by Reverie
It's a pain in the rear to have to pick up gold. Of course everybody wants gold, so why not make it automatically get added to your inventory after like 2 seconds. This way, we waste less time picking up gold and more time fighting, while still being able to see how much is getting dropped and feeling "wow that boss just dropped 200k gold!!!"

Might as well have all items greater than magic automaticly be picked up right?
Reply Quote
i like the thought actually. Since gold is now also used to upgrade artisans, its much more useful. Sure..30 gold, or 2 gold even isn't really worth it. But I shudder to think how much that adds up to if its all left.

There are "gather" items that increase the distance its picked up, but that's honestly a pretty useless thing when compared to magic find for example. Since all loot is solo based there's no competition to pick up gold.

So..i agree...let it pop out of the bad guys..but then sort of just "float" in to my hands
Reply Quote
I'm right there with ya man. Pickin up gold is such a bother. Plus all that killin monsters too. Who wants to click on monsters man. They should just explode when they see me. Oh and I hate walking too. F that noise.
Reply Quote
95 Human Mage
This is a serious thread? What what?
Reply Quote
you guys are missing the point. gold drops much more often than rare items. it's very fun to see items get dropped and pick them up, but that's not the same for gold because not only do they get dropped much more frequently, the amounts dropped are almost all the time similar numbers. furthermore, not every player will always want a certain item, at least, it will be very hard to determine an item that would serve as a "cutoff" for when to automatically deposit into the inventory. gold on the other hand is something everyone will always be willing to pick up.

i'm just saying it would be nice to not have to go pick up gold after every fight because your allies happened to kill some monsters that weren't right next to you, maybe 2-3 seconds away from you, assuming blizzard does a good job of making sure gold is actually worth something this time around so that we actually care to pick them up,

yes, a wider radius for picking up the gold would be very convenient.

having played d2 for many years, i'm just giving my suggestions for this game.

That's good because items increase the radius.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
This guy WILL invent the butt wiping robot.
Reply Quote
I would prefer if the default gold/health globe pickup radius be increased to a reasonable level and see the item stat removed. I very much enjoy seeing the gold explode out of enemies, but I do not enjoy having to walk so close to it that I might as well have to click on it. As someone else has said, picking up gold in D2 never really happened. I have a feeling that the devs felt this way as well (at leasat at some point) since they had those gold collecting pets in the game earlier on, but obviously that system didn't quite feel right. I have a feeling that with the amount of affixes on items later on, most players will have a decent pickup radius with the gear they are wearing to make this less annoying.

That said, other things (chat/lobby) need to be improved well before this gets looked at.

Agreed, but I would prefer to have the affix removed to make room for more helpful ones.
Reply Quote
if there are multiple people complaining about this, and the beta is only 1 act of 1 difficulty, it's probably going to add up...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3961516352?page=1
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3961566278?page=1
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3967847607?page=1

couldn't find any threads in the last 2 months huh, that's because this horse survived being beaten and has ridden off into the sunset.
Do you want to know why the monsters just dont die when they come on screen too? I mean it takes 4-5 seconds to kill most monsters in the beta and that's way longer than the 2-3 seconds to pick up gold...
Reply Quote
What it comes down to OP, is Blizzard agreed with you, so they made it so gold is automatically picked up when you walk near it...neat eh.

Wait, not for you apparently. Nothing like complaining about something being too hard before you even start the game.

This is the most invalid complaint I have ever read. You are just lazy, I understand, having to run over things after a fight (which you have to anyway to collect gear) is a ridiculous notion in a game like Diablo.

I think eventually, we shouldn't even have to pick up loot, just have the best items automatically go to your inventory, and the bad ideas will get auto sold. (meant items, guess I had bad ideas on the brain).

Isn't that great? Now you don't have to slow down for loot anymore, and the game will make decisions on what you should wear, and what skill rune combos you should use to maximize your characters potential.

Your Idea is bad, and you should feel bad.

Go buy a treadmill, run on that thing, lose a few hundred pounds, and then maybe clicking on a screen will not be so difficult, ok muffin?
Edited by SpaceBoat#1485 on 4/21/2012 7:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Personally I enjoy running over piles of gold. Feels good, man.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]