Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Offline mode

100 Undead Mage
sorry there should be an offline mode maybe not for beta but for release like SC2 has
if there is not then this game is useless I like Diablo cause it can be played on and offline players choice keep it that way please ty
Reply Quote
While were at it lets make WoW offline able too!
Reply Quote
It's a decision that is already made. I highly doubt they accidently forget to include offline play. It was a decision that they are evidently sticking to.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
I stopped reading when three sentences became one paragraph.

It's bloody painful on the eyes, it really is...
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
I'm with the OP on this one. If I'm required to play online in the release version I'm going to be very, very, disappointed. I play WoW when I feel willing to put up with the cesspool that community has become, and single-player games when I don't want to put up with that bs and drama. I want Diablo 3 to be another of those single-player options.

04/21/2012 08:15 AMPosted by Glassfist

I'm going to assume there was some sarcasm involved with this comment. WoW and Diablo are totally different games.
Reply Quote
87 Human Mage
I think if the game has an offline mode, people would have an easier time to hack the game.
Reply Quote

Yeah, because Diablo 3 is just like WoW!

For real.
Reply Quote
No doubt they would have if it wasn't for the real money auction house.

I don't have a problem with it being online really, since I live in a house with my internet on 24/7.
Reply Quote
I'm with the OP on this one. If I'm required to play online in the release version I'm going to be very, very, disappointed. I play WoW when I feel willing to put up with the cesspool that community has become, and single-player games when I don't want to put up with that bs and drama. I want Diablo 3 to be another of those single-player options.

No one is forcing you to play with others... you can start the game and keep your game private unless you turn it into a public game.
Reply Quote
04/21/2012 08:28 AMPosted by SunTzu

Yeah, because Diablo 3 is just like WoW!

For real.

No really, why should I have to have an internet connection when all I want to do is dailies and/or quests that I don't group with other people to do with anyways?!

Woot, offline mode rules! I can play in a submarine then because you know thats where I spend most of my time. Plus when I get home I live deep in the woods where there is little to no interent. OFFLINE PLEASE!!!!
Reply Quote
WoW and d3 are different games but the lack of the off line mode is for the same reasons.

The server generates the random maps, fills it with monsters and when you kill anything tells the client what to drop. the server holds your characters.

Our clients simply dont have the ability to run the game without a server. Of course they could be changed to be like D2 but its not going to happen now, the design decision was made long ago to go down this route.
Reply Quote
Yep, what Rash stated. You play the game in Private-Mode - you can pretend you are playing offline. Fool around with the option if it is available during this open beta phase.

I would have to say I do enjoy punctuation. It shows a person has taken the time to pay attention to detail and is kind to his/her readers.
Reply Quote

This isn't an mmo so your comment has no value beyond the fact that they are both video games
Edited by DWarrior4#1561 on 4/21/2012 8:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
For all the benefits that the game being online has, it also has significant drawbacks due to the type of game it is at the core. It would be wonderful if later down the road they could provide an offline mode which has separate characters from the online mode. Having such a thing would provide additional life for the game in the long term while also possibly allowing for single-player modifications. I would also say it should support direct connect or at least LAN but obviously that would never happen for a number of reasons as much as I wish for it.
Edited by Xenire#1480 on 4/21/2012 8:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Thanks for the info about how it works and the privacy mode. Makes me feel much better.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Thanks for the info about how it works and the privacy mode. Makes me feel much better.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]