Diablo® III

2.94 Attacks Per Second

Title says it all. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egp-tuyKCds
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Lower dmg (6.8 dps daggers) for more attack speed, seems pretty standard to me! If its worth it at the end who knows. With enough attack speed itemization on a slower and harder hitting weapon will be godly in the future for sure.
Reply Quote
dat spirit regen
Reply Quote
Wouldn't mind using daggers if could find some decent hitting ones. Being a blur is sick.
Reply Quote
In beta i have found some daggers around 13.3 and up to 14 dps on them.

I really only look for the weapons with +XP so i can reach 13 asap.

My highest XP gear set sits around 46 bonus xp per kill. I get to about half way through 11 by SK solo. Level 12 when playing duo with my wife.
Reply Quote
Holy !@#$. I can't wait to see the APS that is achievable late game...
Reply Quote
.. and the famous Moreir makes a guest appearance in the video.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
That is AWESOME! TOTALLY AWESOME!

The scary thing is, FoT has an innate attack speed boost(it says it is the fastest generator) so that was probably well over 3 attacks per second!!!

Friggin' awesome! An entire combo in less than a second.

Can you imagine how fast the combos will be coming with higher level gear???

If we really want to combo different skills together at that speed, we'll probably almost HAVE to use some kind of macro system.

On the other hand, can you imagine that kind of attack speed with a daibo(obviously it can't be as high as dual wielding, but lvl 60 haste affixes should give WAY more haste than the ones in Beta now)?

Wow....
Reply Quote
rofl. just plain rofl.
Reply Quote
epic. i love monk already
Reply Quote
See, this is precisely why I don't really like multiple generators builds.

I have no doubts he'll be even faster in endgame gear. Good luck doing that Thunderclap-Thunderclap-Crippling Wave combo at these speeds. I tried doing it in Beta, and already it was hard ( at 2+ APS )

And please, don't tell me that IAS is not important for melee char.
Reply Quote
Haha. I'd mix that up with 7 sided strike, if nothing else just to make people go blind.
Reply Quote
Gotta remember higher Attack Speed normally comes with less Weapon Damage, less burst. A max attack speed build is more suited for a build utilizing Combination Strike.

As mantis mentioned.. hitting such high atk spd makes combo striking impossible for sustained damage/effect. All you care about at those attack speeds is to simply beat the living shi.. snot out of whatever looked at you funny. Swap those generator abilities like mad and watch your damage stack with Combo Strike passive.

Totally useless imho =/ unless you are doing speed kills on bosses.
Reply Quote
Gotta remember higher Attack Speed normally comes with less Weapon Damage, less burst. A max attack speed build is more suited for a build utilizing Combination Strike.

As mantis mentioned.. hitting such high atk spd makes combo striking impossible for sustained damage/effect. All you care about at those attack speeds is to simply beat the living shi.. snot out of whatever looked at you funny. Swap those generator abilities like mad and watch your damage stack with Combo Strike passive.

Totally useless imho =/ unless you are doing speed kills on bosses.

It's called... 15 button mouse an macros.

At least that's how I'm going to do it. APS are figured into the DPS calculations on each weapon. Yes, higher APS weapons are going to have lower max damage. This goes without saying.

However, I feel that many of our Spirit Spenders are pretty weak as far as damage goes. Even using a staff or a daibo I don't think monks are going to be able to burst as well as other classes can with their big nukes.

So, I don't really care about the giant hits. I want big dps. Fast weapons and attack speed bonuses from items seems like a pretty good way to go about this.

If you build a monk to be able to survive a beating(which you can do pretty easily if you ignore burst damage skills), then staying in the enemies face beating on them constantly will hopefully be viable all the way into Inferno.

So, I don't think it's a waste at all. Like I said, I think it's pretty awesome. Not to mention you're going to be making spirit so fast with 3.5-4+ APS(which should be easy to do with higher end gear) that you can keep a mantra's 3 second buff up almost all the time, even without any passive spirit regen. Throw in Serenity and maybe Inner Sanctuary, plus 2 or 3 generators... who knows?

Maybe it'll be trash. Maybe it'll be awesome.

I think awesome is more likely!
Reply Quote
Even using macros, there has to be a delay to a point so that it even gets off the animation. Further increasing that attack speed is going to make your macros eventually delay your actual attack or skip one generator in turn, which kinda ruins the whole combo. Of course it won't matter if its all just for the DPS in conjunction with Combination Strike.

If you can manage macro 3 Gens to not skip a beat at 3-4 APS, cool. That would be something to watch.
Reply Quote
DUDE HOLY !@#% I CANT FRIKKIN WAIT, IM SO MAKING A BUILD REVOLVING AROUND SPEED GEAR
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
If you can manage macro 3 Gens to not skip a beat at 3-4 APS, cool. That would be something to watch.

With the method I used in the beta, you would need to break 4 APS for it to start messing up the rotation. Anything lower than a 250ms delay between button clicks wouldn't register in the game when I tested it.

I, for one, won't be using this after release until I'm sure Blizzard is ok with it. There was a blue post about the use of macros in regards to SC2 that said:
Are you simply moving hotkeys and not automating them by binding several together with timing functions? If so, I don't see a problem with it. Hotkeys are intended to be easy to reach - otherwise what's the point? - so if your customized ideal differs from ours, that's fine. We tried to give you flexibility with the in-game keybinding menu, but if this doesn't work for you, I wish you the best of luck finding a way to bind those extra mouse keys just the way you like.

Basically the say that it depends on how you use the macro and binding several actions to a single button using timers (exactly what we're discussing here) is improper use. Blizzard might have a different stance on it for Diablo, since it's not an e-sport, but I don't think they've chimed in yet.

Source: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/1302702180#18
Reply Quote
aaah man, some SERIOUS !@#$ there, i cannot wait now! i was still contemplating WD, but Fkk that!!
I made a build based around attack speed/AOE after i saw this....
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bVXfTh!Ycd!acbaca
The builds main highlights being the 30% dodge (duel welding), and cyclone/SSS combo.

The idea is that when you come to a group of monsters, you use the cyclone to pull them to you,
hit with Exploding palm, then either PUNCH THE FKK outta them at godlike speeds, or if you've got the spirit you can use SSS.
AOE from the Onslaught modification to SSS will be very effective afteryou group them up using the Cyclone. 1 hit from Exploding palm and you will be godlike! HOORAY for flying flesh!

Or, as an alternate for the Exploding palm's rune you could use strong spirit, which, after using cyclone and blowing them up, you'd have full spirit.
Edited by Bombat#1890 on 4/25/2012 10:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/20/2012 03:18 AMPosted by Tikia
Lower dmg (6.8 dps daggers) for more attack speed, seems pretty standard to me! If its worth it at the end who knows. With enough attack speed itemization on a slower and harder hitting weapon will be godly in the future for sure.

Been doing this in the beta with my monk and a 2H staff, Get as much speed gear as you can get and just watch 200 dmg pop up all over the skeles heads.
Reply Quote
04/20/2012 03:18 AMPosted by Tikia

Here's the deal. ANyone using daggers is gonna be use 1 handers anyway. Most 1 handers(swords, axes, maces, daggers, fist weapons) are between 1.3 and 1.5 APS... it's about a 15% difference in max damage since their DPS is the same...

Sure, there are slower 1 handers(javelins come to mind at 1.2, I think?) but even with a daibo(1.1 APS) you're still talking less than a 50% difference in max damage.

Personally, I love the insane high attack speeds! If you have over 3 APS, FoT w/Thunderclap is gonna be a giggle, flashing all around the screen like some kind of crazy anime character... just what I want out of this game!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]