Diablo® III

Open Beta Latency Review

(Locked)

Just quickly. Thanks Blizzard for the Open Beta.

Playing from Melbourne Australia have a constant latency of 300msec.
It never is below 300. This is on Wireless Internet 3G with Vodafone.

Absolutely no problems at all with Lag. No Problems on OSX or PC. If you have a Mac that meets minimum requirements you can play this. Tested with Radeon HD 2600 and Intel HD Graphics 3000 and Radeon 5770. All these cards work with the game.

I was partly wondering if we needed an Australian server, but once I have got on
it has never dropped or had any lag issues. Went straight through and defeated the
Skeleton King.

I don't know about Inferno, but we will definately be able to at least complete this game
on Normal from Australia, if the Beta is any indication.

Once the full game releases I will be playing on 4G LTE Wireless so it will only improve.

Hope that helps anyone who is wondering! It is a positive review, because the
game is performing well. Super slick. Thanks Blizzard.

Enjoy! Would be great to hear other people's experience with the Latency as well.
Edited by oblivion#1637 on 4/24/2012 7:31 PM PDT
i5 750 / GTS 250 / 8GB RAM

Settings on max and easily hitting 60 fps.

With TPG in Sydney and averaging around 240ms, no disconnects so far with 180-200k players in public games.

Everything running smooth.
7:30pm PST on a Friday night. My usual 180ms I've had throughout the beta.
Haven't checked how many are in public games, but I'm assuming its more than usual. Good work blizz.

I'll stop by this thread if I encounter anything remotely different (cause really all beta its been like this)
My average is 240 in Adelaide, Australia. This is all well and good, but some times i just jump to 800, my max has been 2300, and this is absolutely unmovable, a simple re log can put me down to 600, this is playable, but i don't know why I'm having such trouble...
Telstra mobile broadband from far north SA.

Sitting at 300-320ms, no lag problems whatsoever, spells and attack's seem instant compared to WoW cast lag.
04/20/2012 10:04 PMPosted by Oxide
My average is 240 in Adelaide, Australia. This is all well and good, but some times i just jump to 800, my max has been 2300, and this is absolutely unmovable, a simple re log can put me down to 600, this is playable, but i don't know why I'm having such trouble...

Make sure Peer to Peer is disabled, or try some of the other suggestions in this thread:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3657285447#10
if you could please direct me to the peer to peer option, cant seem to find it anywhere :(
HAVE DROPPED OUT 3 TIMES LAG SPIKES AND RUBBER BANDING SITTING ON 270ms. THIS ISNT GOOD ENOUGH! ADSL+2 TELSTRA
found peer to peer, and im back to 3500... this is !@#$ing bull%^-*
10 Human Mage
after disabling P2P network, ive been getting 250-300ms

from sydney, using TPG ADSL2+

thats about as good as it will get, and im fine with it
I was really worried but... have to say playing from Sydney with 215ms latency and it rocked.

I played for 2 hours 19 minutes (all awesomeness) and I could count perhaps 3 rubber band moments but apart from that it was way better than I expected.

How am I supposed to wait until the 15th eh?
Was quite concerned...but not now.

Telstra in Sydney: Usually sits at 170-180ms. No noticeable lag in skill activation/effect.
25 Troll Hunter
Playing through a home wireless network. Smooth gameplay at ~250ms in a full public game. Started to get laggy around 400ms. I also found that I get fps problems when there are a lot of explosions on screen. Is that a hardware issue, does anyone know?
Playing from the West Coast, with utorrent running, no noticable delay (though sometimes item drops arn't where the creep was). Adsl 2+ / iiNet ... i7 930 oc 3.2g / 470 GTX / 12gb ram / ssd - no lag, no low FPS, it runs flawlessly, everything set to Max.

Also just in case anyone was wondering, 2560x1440 resolution, dual 27" monitors, other monitor watching youtube. Only thing I have to critise is where is my full screen window mode? (Like Sc2 - so I can alt tab to the other screen without minimizing D3) ...

Been playing constantly since beta opened (woke up at 3am, stayed up till 5am, servers weren't on, went back to bed, started playing at 9am) ... and apart from the servers going down, not one instance of high lat (lag) ... been playing with mates from AU and US, and none of us have lagged in 4 player coop.
how the !@#$ are you all getting such good pings, Adelaide, Australia and im averaging 1700, this is %^-*ing bull!@#$
I have tested on a Mac (not MAC) on OS X and in bootcamp (windows). And for both cases I got:

40 fps. Very acceptable by me.
105% to 120% cpu usage. Yes this is a little over one core used. Can't say I am happy with this, but Blizzard say retail will be better and I hope this is correct. I think it will be though.
250ms lag on average. Very playable by my standards. Under heave open beta times this did at times spike to 400-450. But this was honestly rare. Most of the time it was at the 250ish and very playable for me.

The game play experience was otherwise pretty good. The SK died. Was fun.

And I'm on a 1.5Mbit ADSL1 connection (brisbane). Can't get ASDL2 here sadly.
Edited by the8thark#1241 on 4/21/2012 11:31 PM PDT
04/21/2012 10:53 PMPosted by Oxide
how the !@#$ are you all getting such good pings, Adelaide, Australia and im averaging 1700, this is %^-*ing bull!@#$

Dude im the same here in Adelaide!!!! i was getting 200msec. The last four days im gettin 3000msec im not happy at all, Blizzard really need to look at this. ive tryed all the stuff on here and it doesn't WORK!!!!
Nz here. Average about 170ms peaking at around 250ms.
If we're going to do a review at least run ping test to California so we can get an idea how your ISP is performing at the time, compared to your performance in game.

http://pingtest.net/
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]