Diablo® III

Open Beta Latency Review

(Locked)

First and foremost, Blizzard is a business, I'm sure they have assessed the possibility of putting servers in AUS and have decided it's not a worthy investment as of yet. In terms of WoW, I would speculate that a small % of players who leave the game do so because of lag. Until this figure becomes higher, lag isn't an issue affecting their business model. In terms of D3, lag is even less important, as soon as you have bought the game, that's your major input into their profit, continuing the game would only provide them with more cash through the AH. I would also speculate that the number of people who never buy the game because it has a bad reputation due to lag is very insignificant as well.

That being said, I'm sure nobody here would oppose to the installation of local servers to improve latency, but realistically it won't happen until it needs to happen, and by need I mean, until it affects blizzards business model.
89 Goblin Shaman
Played since closed beta, using my 3g samsung galaxy s2's internet had about 200 ms with little to no lag spikes, pretty stocked with that and looking forward to Tuesday.
Anyone know anything about latency to European servers?

I'm from Melbourne and plan on playing there with some friends
Edited by HOTBLOOD#1443 on 5/13/2012 8:27 AM PDT
I used lowerping while playing WoW (completely legal). Does anyone know if lowerping is also ok to use for D3? For those with pings 300+ id definitely suggest this service if you are willing to pay a few bucks a month for the service.

I know there are some other similar tunneling services, but I always prefered LP myself.
Community Manager
I used lowerping while playing WoW (completely legal). Does anyone know if lowerping is also ok to use for D3? For those with pings 300+ id definitely suggest this service if you are willing to pay a few bucks a month for the service.I know there are some other similar tunneling services, but I always prefered LP myself.

@Nytemare You may want to open a new thread regarding this since it is a little off topic.

Thank you all for the feedback coming from this post. As the open beta over and we are almost at launch I will now lock the thread. I will open a new thread on Aus/NZ player feedback after the 15th.
Edited by Arcagnion on 5/13/2012 5:37 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]