Diablo® III

What does G do?

Pressing G drops your banner. As far as I can tell, this doesn't actually... do anything... other than dropping your banner out of the sky, to impress people with.

The banners in town always teleport others directly to you, not to your banner.
Reply Quote
impress people with.

Pretty much just that.

It's kinda cool to defeat a boss with your group and then you all "/cheer" by dropping your respective banners.

EDIT: Oh they might do something else. If so I'm completely unaware :<
Edited by Farmer#1465 on 4/20/2012 11:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/20/2012 11:46 PMPosted by Miraa
The banners in town always teleport others directly to you, not to your banner.

It should work outside of town very similar...
Reply Quote
I've never tested it, but my assumption was that players warp to your banner instead of you. This allows you to drop safety points instead of players warping straight into you. Or, it lets players warp straight into death.
Reply Quote
yeah what is your point?
Reply Quote
I really think we should be able to use the banner mechanic from anywhere instead of always having to teleport+banner, when you get behind.

Like if you drop your banner (G) and click it you teleport (with casting) to the player most advanced in the quest active.
Reply Quote
04/20/2012 11:49 PMPosted by Aspie
Or, it lets players warp straight into death.

D3 version of PKing?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
04/20/2012 11:46 PMPosted by Miraa
Pressing G drops your banner.
Reply Quote
Pressing G drops your banner.

And in PvP it's what you drop on your foe's corpse... presumably... well I'll be doing it.
Edited by Onetwo#1132 on 4/21/2012 12:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/21/2012 12:04 AMPosted by Kog
pretty pointless

Showing off the sigil you spent hours to get is pointless?

I'd much rather have the simple and customizable banners than a vanity pet or something >_>

EDIT: And Bash you stay up really late lol
Edited by Farmer#1465 on 4/21/2012 12:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It's like the spray thing on CounterStrike.
Reply Quote
I think it's awesome. Now I can totally show off with a banner! One of the cooler way to do so. In other games, you can show off by idle in the town with a mount, now we do it with banners!
Reply Quote
from Blizzcon they have a pic where the banner get really elaborate.... with skeletal base, signet at the top and side ribbon... really cool :P
Reply Quote
is this thread even real? ya'll gonna show off your banners eh? you can show them off to people who will be impressed because it sounds pretty stupid. whats impressive about a banner everyone has???
Edited by plouyd#1632 on 4/21/2012 7:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
the banner it might be a piece of the puzzle for cow level portal!
Reply Quote
I like the way the banners react if you drop them in the middle of a fight. The in game physics have an effect on the banner waving around.

I think it's fun. Looks neat.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]