Diablo® III

for anyone concerning monk vs barb

how would you beat this
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WUgkPi!YcZ!bbabZa
Reply Quote
or a slight modification:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WUSkPi!YcZ!bbYbZa

Even if all cc/stun are limited to 2 second, I can't find any monk build with dmg come even close to this barb build. If you can, please enlighten me...
Reply Quote
Maybe this?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#.....S!!.....a
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#b.X.Tk!ceY!c.b.aa

use deadly reach 3 times for the buff, use mantra and the heal for 85%ish damage buff, then seven sided strike for a almost instantaneous 1850% weapon damage attack, will almost kill or kill barb outright and slaughter any pack of elites instantly
Edited by Tracermissle#1448 on 4/23/2012 3:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
That is a low damage build with zero burst damage. Sure it has lots of passive +% damage but it wont do much with just spamming 110% weapon damage attack.

Outside of Wrath of the Berserker the damage is outright Pitiful. Just 110% weapon damage attack with (swords and max rage) +70% damage translates to 110x 1.70 = 187% damage attack.
I am pretty sure that build would work loads better if it had some fury spender damage move. You can only get so far with 110% weapon damage attack.

Monk has Combo attacks that hit for 250% weapon damage which can be spammed without any damage buffs which monk has quite lots to choose from. Sure your barb has + attack speed and extra crit and crit damage, but monk has also things to increase damage such as ridiciously strong +24% damage taken debuff aura.

That is atleast with my math.
Edited by Atech#2831 on 4/23/2012 3:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Agreed. MoR with 60% thorns damage + Serenity ='s Barb kills himself lol.

Plus, with all the Monks damage reduction and dodge, it will be hard pressed for that barb to come out alive.
Edited by ArchangelMD#1937 on 4/23/2012 3:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Here's how you kill literally anything with a Barbarian:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#aeXYcP!bTZ!aacZZZ
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#b.X.Tk!ceY!c.b.aa

use deadly reach 3 times for the buff, use mantra and the heal for 85%ish damage buff, then seven sided strike for a almost instantaneous 1850% weapon damage attack, will almost kill or kill barb outright and slaughter any pack of elites instantly

lol, you kidding me, you'll be instantly stunned when you first deadly reach me, in end game my aps dual wielding dagger would be at least 2.43 (I got it in beta), frenzy aps would be 3.77.
Even if you can do 1850% WD it's not enough, end game DR could easily be .92 and a barb's life should be over 10000.
Edited by HolyRedbull#1183 on 4/23/2012 11:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
A barb stacking damage is too easy for a monk to deal with using his defensive skills and thorns alone.

Now a stunlock build posted by Kayfas would be much harder to deal with depending on how stuns work pvp and the diminishing returns. The monk will be a problem for most chars though due to our longevity and healing abilitys.

Late game, I wouldnt be surprised if we can full heal with 2-3 spirit spenders with the right gear and skill selection. Making it a pain in the !@# for people to bring us down. All speculation of course.
Reply Quote
Agreed. MoR with 60% thorns damage + Serenity ='s Barb kills himself lol.

Plus, with all the Monks damage reduction and dodge, it will be hard pressed for that barb to come out alive.

You guys probably misunderstand MoR, it says reflect 60% dmg sustained, how much dmg you think your end game monk with gear and dodge chance would sustain? reflecting that to a barb, and DR by barb's armor and skills, how much dmg you think a barb would take from that? That's why MoR is the most useless mantra among all.

also serenity, lol, do you think I would mindlessly attack you whene I saw your serenity is on?
Reply Quote
Holy i think if you want to wave your Barb epeen around you should do it on the Barb forums.

Come the time when they patch in PVP as well as get to see how the game actually turns out come level 60. No one here can make an accurate enough guess as to what will happen when a Barb and a Monk collide in arena.

So please, stop trying to sell to us Monks your "Barb is OP and no Monk will win" ideas until you can back them with game experiences and evidence.

Because right now all it is, is you arguing that no matter what happens you can come up with a different barb build to counter. Well for every counter there is another counter so it really comes down to luck and planning come end game and come pvp release.

See you in the Arena's, i hope to run into your barb so i can mop the floor with him (^-^) Friendly competitive banter here of course.
Reply Quote
A barb stacking damage is too easy for a monk to deal with using his defensive skills and thorns alone.

Now a stunlock build posted by Kayfas would be much harder to deal with depending on how stuns work pvp and the diminishing returns. The monk will be a problem for most chars though due to our longevity and healing abilitys.

Late game, I wouldnt be surprised if we can full heal with 2-3 spirit spenders with the right gear and skill selection. Making it a pain in the !@# for people to bring us down. All speculation of course.

Here's how you kill literally anything with a Barbarian:

us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#aeXYcP!bTZ!aacZZZ

This is old fashioned, all cc would be limited to 2 sec cap in pvp. stun from ground stomp and bash will be balanced so it's not gonna be that OP as it looks. If you calculate your dps output, you will see even your spender is not comparable to frenzy with rune +20% dmg.
Reply Quote
Holy i think if you want to wave your Barb epeen around you should do it on the Barb forums.

Come the time when they patch in PVP as well as get to see how the game actually turns out come level 60. No one here can make an accurate enough guess as to what will happen when a Barb and a Monk collide in arena.

So please, stop trying to sell to us Monks your "Barb is OP and no Monk will win" ideas until you can back them with game experiences and evidence.

Because right now all it is, is you arguing that no matter what happens you can come up with a different barb build to counter. Well for every counter there is another counter so it really comes down to luck and planning come end game and come pvp release.

See you in the Arena's, i hope to run into your barb so i can mop the floor with him (^-^) Friendly competitive banter here of course.

no no, the original one I gave is my final build, jsut give me yours to counter? as I pointed out MoR and serenity wont work.
Reply Quote
04/23/2012 03:19 PMPosted by HolyRedbull
also serenity, lol, do you think I would mindlessly attack you whene I saw your serenity is on?

yes, especially sense you will pop your super sayjin mode and will rely on this CD for your MOST damage output. You pop that, the monk will avoid you till you do catch up then a good monk will let you think you have him and they will pop that and your SSJ mode is now worthless.

So stop trying to come up with hypothetical "I will do this when you do that so I win" statements.

You have nothing to back up that you will beat a Monk in a straight up duel besides hypothetical "what ifs" and conjectures.

See you come Arena patch, i hope your geared out by then so not to blame lack of gear as your downfall to monks.
Reply Quote
Erm I just posted math explaing the build does next to no damage.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#UWRgdQ!ZYT!cZbaZc

I literally can ignore you the entire time you're in Wrath of the Berserker.

That's how.

/thread
Reply Quote
04/23/2012 03:26 PMPosted by Archangel

yes, especially sense you will pop your super sayjin mode and will rely on this CD for your MOST damage output. You pop that, the monk will avoid you till you do catch up then a good monk will let you think you have him and they will pop that and your SSJ mode is now worthless.

So stop trying to come up with hypothetical "I will do this when you do that so I win" statements.

You have nothing to back up that you will beat a Monk in a straight up duel besides hypothetical "what ifs" and conjectures.

See you come Arena patch, i hope your geared out by then so not to blame lack of gear as your downfall to monks.

Sure, see you in arena, one last point, you can't run away from a barb since your speed is slower and dash needs a target, but barb can run away from a monk with no problem
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#adZgTQ!bYc!YbYabZ

This beats both of your builds because you're not running Juggernaut. Enjoy standing still :)
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#UWRgdQ!ZYT!cZbaZc

I literally can ignore you the entire time you're in Wrath of the Berserker.

That's how.

/thread

I guess that's the only way, inner sanctuary, though I still got 5 sec to try
but you couldn't kill me either...
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#adZgTQ!bYc!YbYabZ

This beats both of your builds because you're not running Juggernaut. Enjoy standing still :)

as I said, one single SSS is almost impossible to kill end game barb. besides that, your dmg is not even close to my build, and you can't run away.
btw, what's FoT and dashing strike for? you think a barb with my build would run away from you?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]