Diablo® III

best class to solo inferno.

Whats your take on the best solo class to inferno.

should we nerf it ?
Reply Quote
I would have to say Demon hunter due to their amazing ability to kite. NO, do not need to nerf it. Just my opinion though.
Reply Quote
If I had to throw a wild guess I'd say witch doctor because he can use minions to distract enemies while he kills them

But we'll find out when the game is released!
Reply Quote
Yeah, I see lots of people saying they think the DH will be the best because they can kite. I disagree with this statement. Not that DH's won't be the best, they very well may be, I don't know. But if they are the best, it won't be because they can kite. Monster Affixes such as Waller and Jailer, not to mention affixes we haven't even seen or heard of yet will put a stop to that.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I would probably say (as of right now) the Mage has the most potential. I think being able to control inferno mobs will be a huge factor and with so many kiting/pushback/freeze abilities along with large aoe and sinlgle target dps IMO makes quite a potent class.

On the other hand what do you guy reckon about the Barb? I heard them saying that they were tweaking the Barb (along with the Monk) because they had survivability issues. Do you think this could mean range classes could be a tad more viable than their melee counterparts?
Reply Quote
Demon Hunter won't be able to solo very well in Inferno from what I've seen/heard.. Just speculation of course... but enemies movement speeds are all ready increased by I think... like.. 33%? Correct me if i'm wrong I think I read that in a blue post somewhere.
Edited by Dynama#1252 on 5/9/2012 3:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
DH due to its kiting mechanics then WD due to its minion damage sponge tanks :)

05/09/2012 03:32 AMPosted by Cigareno
Do you think this could mean range classes could be a tad more viable than their melee counterparts?

as for this. they gave barb / monk a passive 30% damage reduction from everything because as melee classes they are pretty much forced to take the hits while being in melee to deal damage themselves where as ranged for the most part is in a much safer spot as they can avoid the majority of the melee monster damage with ease.
Reply Quote
witch doctor. they have there own tanks to take damage for them. this should prolly be the easiest class to solo with by far. it is built for soloing
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
None of u know just play what class you like...if you fall into the trap of playing the easiest you will never know what the most fun class was.
Reply Quote
I'll let you know around 2014.

For now I'll say that Demon Hunters are absolutely broken in inferno and drastically require an immediate and severe nerf. Prove me wrong.
Reply Quote
DH due to its kiting mechanics then WD due to its minion damage sponge tanks :)

Kiting will likely not work at all due to increased speeds of monsters in Inferno.

I'll let you know around 2014.

For now I'll say that Demon Hunters are absolutely broken in inferno and drastically require an immediate and severe nerf. Prove me wrong.

You haven't played the game. There, I proved you wrong.
Edited by aro#1702 on 5/9/2012 4:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I wouldnt rule out the Barb. I forsee them having a boatload of HP and being able to keep stuff stunned is going to play a nice roll. They have ALOT of aoe and what seems like alot of health regen later on down the line. My money is on the barb. Health, armor, Mobillity, high damage aoe's with much CC and life regen. Should be pretty fun.
Reply Quote
Whats your take on the best solo class to inferno.

should we nerf it ?

even out "BEST" guesses are completely irrelevant.

we have no way of possibly knowing without playing and testing it ourselves, what is the point of this question.

Should we nerf it? no, leave it alone... unless their power is well over that of the other classes.

Example...

don't nerf if...

Wizard Power - (----------------------------------------)
Barb Power - (-------------------------------------)
DH Power - (---------------------------------------)
Monk Power - (-------------------------------------)
WD Power - (--------------------------------------)

if it is something like this, leave it alone, that is fine, slightly more powerful than the others, I don't see the issue.

If it is something like....

Wizard |-----------------------|
Barb |--------------------|
Monk Power |-------------------|
WD |--------------------|
DH |-------------------------------------------------------------------------|

If it's like this, then yes, we have a problem. and it should be nerfed, or the other classes need to be adjusted.

NOTE - Power doesn't mean just power, it's just an arbitrary gauge to make the example work. Power in my "graphs" more is everything rolled into one, Power, survivability, Mf, GF, overall coolness... etc.
Edited by Nix#1856 on 5/9/2012 5:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
I sincerely wouldn't be surprised if Barbarian could have potential for the best if given the right build.

Run in, ground stomp stun, lay down Earthquake, hit the rend that is a DoT that heals you for a percentage of the damage They take, then use the Leap attack that says "even enemies that are at the origin of your jump get slowed by 60% for 3 seconds)

You just DoT'd, healed, damaged, and kited all at once.

(Clearly theory crafting though, who knows)
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 04:53 AMPosted by arosian
Kiting will likely not work at all due to increased speeds of monsters in Inferno.

I'll have 40%+ run speed on my gear by that point and caltrops is godlike for kiting. cheap lasts for ages and can put down lots constantly.

I sincerely wouldn't be surprised if Barbarian could have potential for the best if given the right build.

Run in, ground stomp stun, lay down Earthquake, hit the rend that is a DoT that heals you for a percentage of the damage They take, then use the Leap attack that says "even enemies that are at the origin of your jump get slowed by 60% for 3 seconds)

that and earthquake has like a 2 min cooldown or something :P not really a spam-able hit and run skill :P

i would think it would look something more like

Wizard.........|----------------------|
Barb.............|---------------|
Monk............|------------------|
WD..............|----------------------------|
DH...............|----------------------------|

for solo inferno
1- DH, WD (equal)
2- Wiz
3- Monk (slightly above barb due to being a Dex class and having much higher passive dodge)
4- Barb

then again its all speculation... Barbs can have a crap tonne of self healing with a defensive focused build while still dishing out lots of damage.

that being said I'm still making a barb first as i find them the most fun :D
Edited by Zoidburg#1405 on 5/9/2012 5:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage

that and earthquake has like a 2 min cooldown or something :P not really a spam-able hit and run skill :P

<EDIT> NM I fail.
Edited by Quexapez#1760 on 5/9/2012 8:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]