Diablo® III

Purchasing the game from Europe

Sorry if this has been answered before. If i purchase my copy of D3 from the UK, I understand that I will be able to choose which region to play on (with the default for us Aussies being the American server).

What I'm unsure about is will I only be able to access the European RMAH? Or will BNet automatically detect that I am from Australia and link me to the American RMAH?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Bump! Does anyone know the answer?

I've seen some people say the RMAH is locked to the copy you purchase whilst others say its tied to the country of your BNet account. Which is true?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
as an Australian i think we can chose what currency rmah we sell/buy in because they are split by currency . if we do chose the american dollar rmah we will have to pay for transferring our money over to american dollar but if we use the Aussie dollar rmah there will be less traffic than if we used the american dollar rmah
Reply Quote
You're locked on the RMAH based on the region you buy.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
04/27/2012 01:59 AMPosted by Icey

This. You can change the region you are playing in any time you like, but your RMAH region is locked based on the game key (for physical purchases) or your chosen region in your battle.net profile (for digital copies direct from Blizzard)

It does bring up the interesting question of what happens if someone moves from the US to Europe to live after D3 is released. Will they have to call customer service to get access to their new regions RMAH?
Edited by Siaer#6522 on 4/27/2012 2:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote

This. You can change the region you are playing in any time you like, but your RMAH region is locked based on the game key (for physical purchases) or your chosen region in your battle.net profile (for digital copies direct from Blizzard)

It does bring up the interesting question of what happens if someone moves from the US to Europe to live after D3 is released. Will they have to call customer service to get access to their new regions RMAH?

So If I was to buy a CD-Key (EU Version) from gamelane.com.au (57.50 AUD btw..). Load it into my bnet (Registered to AUS address) I can choose to play on NA server and I will default to AUS RMAH?
Edited by ChaSiu#1673 on 4/27/2012 9:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/27/2012 09:30 AMPosted by ChaSiu

So If I was to buy a CD-Key (EU Version) from gamelane.com.au (57.50 AUD btw..). Load it into my bnet (Registered to AUS address) I can choose to play on NA server and I will default to AUS RMAH?

You'll be stuck on the EU RMAH even when you play on different realms/regions.
Reply Quote
Thanks very much for the reply. Icey your answers were exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]