Diablo® III

4 man inferno team idea

obviously this is all based on purely guessing what things will actually be like at the end + it makes some assumptions on high level abilites that people cannot even use yet - for eg i am assuming that mantra's do not stack.

2 pure damage builds
2 monks
both monks spec;d into ~maxmium spirit generation
[thunderclap to teleport to mob at the start]

1 monk spams boon of protection + tranquility
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WagijQ!Zcd!ZabYcb

1 monk spams soothing breeze + infused with light
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WaXifk!YZd!ZaYYcZ

the idea :

the breeze monk will have pretty much have most stuff on him cause of constantly spammig soothing breeze. using infused light on cooldown for big group heal but also for massive spirit regen. intimidation and resolve to reduce enemy damage.

the boon monk spams boon of protection as often as possible and uses tranquility on cooldown. earth ally for vit boost.

the other two party slots just built dedicated to doing as much damage as possible, not to waste talents on surivival.

possible weaknesses
-if a mob has to be killed within a certain amount of time, this build could have an overall lower damage output than required.
-does not take into account corwd control mechanics.

thoughts?
Edited by pantar#2205 on 4/25/2012 2:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I've given MoH(Boon of Protection) a lot of thought in my builds. I've tried to come up with builds that can reasonably spam this ability every 3 seconds without being completely spirit-starved. Here's my best attempt at it I think. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aWQUfb!Zfg!abbZcY

Although it's a 4-generator build it doesn't have to be. Although I think you can see why I picked the generator/rune combinations I did. Either way you would want to have incredibly fast weapons and high APS. You could switch CS for Serenity on my build if you wanted.

One if not both of your monks needs to incorporate Guiding Light (both if it stacks). This is kind of a must-have skill if you're in the least bit focused on offensive support.
Edited by Snoo#1470 on 4/25/2012 2:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Theory crafting. Anything is possible until we experience exactly how difficult Inferno mode is. There might be throngs of creatures at one point where it might be impossible/suicidal to engage in melee for the whole duration.

I'm going to assume Inferno creatures will have increased resistance to CC's and faster movement speeds or else I can't see how it'll be any harder.. Also, from other games I've lost all faith in the in-house/dev game testers abilities to play their games to the extent of a "hardcore" gamer. Having said that, any 4 man group can possibly work in Inferno mode assuming the players are good.
Reply Quote
If anyone is looking into a MoH Boon build, you should consider BoH with Infused with Light.

I have been saying it all week but this rune is one of the best runes for BoH and will almost double your spirit spending output which inturns means more damage, more healing, and more Mantra spam like Boon.

every 5-7 seconds you will have a full spirit globe ready to use 3 Mantra boons for a full 6 seconds of shielding and 9 seconds of bonus healing.

Can't go wrong there.
Reply Quote
@Fifth

04/25/2012 03:25 AMPosted by Fifth
Theory crafting. Anything is possible until we experience exactly how difficult Inferno mode is.

yeah i said that at the start of my post, and the title its indicates that its just an idea. all we ahve at the moment is ideas. what i was hoping for was that by posting my idea- someone would see somehting i might have missed in order to make the idea better, or point out how it would not work - based on what we know- i wont be assuming anything about inferno creatures except that they do lots and lots of damage, so my main focus atm is survival. yes it all guess work but obsessed is obsessed.

@Snoo
do the skill rune benefits [as in 5% chance to generate 5 spirit on hit] spread across all hits. like for eg- in your build you have 4 generators. and each one has a % chance to produce spirit, but is that not only for use with the skill of that skill run, or is it a shared, any hit, benefit?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
If you're thinking one build, one tactic for the whole game, you're probably going to get wiped in Inferno. The Monk can be many things depending on how the fights scale later on.
Reply Quote
@Snoo
do the skill rune benefits [as in 5% chance to generate 5 spirit on hit] spread across all hits. like for eg- in your build you have 4 generators. and each one has a % chance to produce spirit, but is that not only for use with the skill of that skill run, or is it a shared, any hit, benefit?

Wow you know I actually never thought of it being shared among all generators even even all abilities, but surely not. Probably the reason I didn't even consider it is because it'd be way overpowered. Still, if there's any possibility that it shares then I'll be a slobbering fool.

I am sure that the bonus spirit at least applies to all monsters hit. In other words if I used CW and it hit 10 monsters, and 5 of them crit, it would yield 31 spirit from that strike alone.
Reply Quote
@shygear
total agree
i think there will be certain player and team builds -just- for some specific boss fights.
would be nice if you could save all your different builds like in gw, would be handy.
Reply Quote
Oh, I wasn't saying anything negative about the idea. I was simply stating that I don't trust the word of the devs saying Inferno is THAT HARD. Therefore I saw nothing wrong with the 4man group you mentioned. It is a viable group. A few differences here and there would be personal preference but the gist of it could easily work.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]