Diablo® III

Witchdoctor Weapon question..

I have a question. I am playing as witch doctor, but after you get both of your mouse click options the ability to use your weapon goes away... How do you use your weapon to attack after you get your mouse click abilities?
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Druid
I'm not really sure why you would want to, but here's an example.

Poison Dart on left click, Grasp of the Dead on Right click, Firebats on number 1.
Move poison Dart to number 1 (overriding Firebats) and it "frees up" the left click, which defaults to weapon attack.
Reply Quote
74 Blood Elf Mage
Why you would use your basic weapon attack? Use a primary skill, its much more damage and is spammable.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
so whats the point of the weapon then? Purely for stats? Does your poison dart damage go up if i equip a higher dps weapon? Arte weapons useless for witch doctors?
Reply Quote
It would seem that way.
Damage from poison dart goes up with the equipped weapon so just equip the highest dps weapon you can find. attack speed of the dart is tied to your weapon as well.
Reply Quote
Witch Doctor (and other classes as well) base their skill damage off of their weapons. So a weapon with a higher dps will result in your poison darts doing more (and all skills). Also in Beta there was a way in the options to change the skill layout for keys (think it was like turning off simple skills or something like that) and that would allow you to select any skill for any hotkey.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
So if my wepon has drain life my poision dart will drain life too?
Reply Quote
WD are casters use your spells. Think of the WD as a wizard. Think outside the box of D2.
Reply Quote
45 Goblin Warlock
05/15/2012 05:29 AMPosted by Davidoo
So if my wepon has drain life my poision dart will drain life too?

Yeah, I'm wondering if equipped weapon effects proc on poison darts in general.
Reply Quote
Reasons for using a 2 hander instead of a Dagger/Totem (or shield):

Let's say you are PVPing (I know it's not implemented yet), and your Dagger's DPS is 30, with damage or 100-130.

Now lets say your 2 Handed Axe DPS is 30, but with damage of 200-300, with a slower speed.

In PVP, you might want to use the slower weapon for higher burst, so you can coordinate with allies.

Also, there might be special weapons for WD's later that are 2 handers.

Or the +Stats you get from your Totem + Dagger might not be better than a 2 hander with Strength stats after you look at overall DPS.

Just throwing some scenarios out there.
Reply Quote
84 Tauren Druid
05/15/2012 06:48 AMPosted by digix
Also, there might be special weapons for WD's later that are 2 handers.

Not listed anywhere on community site.

Or the +Stats you get from your Totem + Dagger might not be better than a 2 hander with INTELLIGENCE stats after you look at overall DPS.

Fixed. We don't gain damage from Strength, only armor. We gain damage from Intelligence, which will likely be spawning more frequently on our Daggers and Totems.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]