Diablo® III

What effects attack speed?

I mean to title it "What effects CAST RATE" sorry

Is there FCR (faster cast rate) on items like in D2 or does weapon attack speed effect the cast rate?
(Sorry, I'm unable to figure this out on my own with the beta due to the fact I'm in Afghanistan)

Thanks.
Edited by brbBowflexin#1776 on 4/22/2012 8:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
cast rate is based on weapon attack speed
Reply Quote
Thank you
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
This is why those +2-4 dmg +5% atk spd rings are so good for casters. You cast faster and do more damage with your spells. You can buy them from the vendor in the back in the misc tab, but they aren't there every game so keep trying until you get them, they are worth it. If you were really wanting to min max you can get your follower a set too.
Reply Quote
Actually the reason why those rings are so good is the +2-4 dmg (about a 30% damage boost on a decent weapon), the +5% atk spd is fairly irrelevant.
Reply Quote
Not that it matters, but that +2-4dmg later levels or equivalent scaled + damage won't surmount as far as damage boost and Int will have much more of a value. just since your weapon damage is so low is the reason why they are such a big jump :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]