Diablo® III

Potential HUGE Problem regarding MOOCHING

I don't know if they only have that option for the beta or not.. But I found out that you can sit out in town and wait till they reach King Leoric and then you just press accept and you get teleported to fight the boss..

Now the idea is nice that if you are fighting somewhere else and they found the entrance first.. but I can only imagine how people can abuse it by being "afk" in the game and you can't kick em out.. so you do everything and then you reach the boss and they join in and get the loot

You can see the potential "bot abuse" or 1 main character is playing and 3 other toons wait till boss, join, loot great char, sell in AH.

etc.

Today I was playing a game with 3 other people... they stayed in new tristram the whole time.. when i reached King Leroic, they joined in.. talk about a p#%@ off
Edited by BAÐÐ#1392 on 4/22/2012 1:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I haven't had this problem since I play with a group of friends, but I sympathize. If that becomes common in public games after release, it could heavily impact co-op in a negative way.
Reply Quote
i carried a level 1 into the skeleton king's area. SK jumped from the center area all the way to the spawn area and 1shotted his !@# :) felt good.

But yeah, this is a good concern, leechers and botters will be a problem on this system. Really don't know why they don't add a "vote kick" function, not like it'd take much time at all to implement.
Reply Quote
I was just playing a public game from level 1 and the 3 other people who joined in all started rushing and ignoring the exploration aspect. If this is a symptom of release I doubt I'll do co-op with anyone else but my friends.
Reply Quote
Considering "the loot" is specific to your client, it's not like they're stealing anything from you. And if you were powerful enough to get there anyway, you're powerful enough to kill the boss.

So just kill the boss for your own loot and your own sake, and don't worry about what that other guy is doing.

that's just a copout..

I'll just sit around in inferno while 3 people work their butt off to reach diablo and i'll just join in on time and get the loot. makes sense.
Reply Quote
If there is one leecher, I don't mind, if there is two or more leechers, I leave before even entering lvl2.
Reply Quote
Considering "the loot" is specific to your client, it's not like they're stealing anything from you. And if you were powerful enough to get there anyway, you're powerful enough to kill the boss.

So just kill the boss for your own loot and your own sake, and don't worry about what that other guy is doing.

that's just a copout..

I'll just sit around in inferno while 3 people work their butt off to reach diablo and i'll just join in on time and get the loot. makes sense.

But you get the xp and your own loot - do they get xp while in town?
Reply Quote
There is one flaw in your plan, if they really want to get the full benefit of loot they would be near the ELITE/CHAMPION packs when those are killed. Since they will drop the best loot in the game, just waiting around and killing bosses will not be very effective for loot farming.
Reply Quote

You kill slower and level slower. Each player gets the same exp and loot from enemies with more players, but they have more hp, and therefore take longer to kill.
Reply Quote

that's just a copout..

Their presence in the game makes the enemies harder (more hp and more dmg), but you don't get increased experience like you did in D2. Meaning they are only harming you.
Reply Quote
Yeah this is really of annoying. I know people are just learning the game and might not understand that you can click the banners to teleport to your party members, but joining a game and just sitting in town while the enemies gain tons of health is one of the most powerful things a griefer can do.
Reply Quote

Their presence in the game makes the enemies harder (more hp and more dmg), but you don't get increased experience like you did in D2. Meaning they are only harming you.

I don't think that answers my question though - do players in town get xp? In D2, you had to be within a certain range of the action to get xp.
Reply Quote
04/22/2012 01:26 PMPosted by laqras
I don't think that answers my question though - do players in town get xp?

Players in town do not get exp, the OP never claimed that afkers in town will be leeching experience. This game isn't much about leveling anymore, it's more like WoW where you hit the max level and then farm for gear.

Edit: It's kind of like people afk botting battlegrounds in WoW, standing at spawn point, doing nothing, getting same rewards as everyone else.
Edited by ChimpFace#1650 on 4/22/2012 1:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
bosses dont drop the best loot, nor do they give that much experience.

Such leeching wont be time well-spent.
Reply Quote
this is a big problem... i hope blizz adresses it
Reply Quote
its not a problem and it wont work to get good loot, they set it up purposely like this, they cant get teh nephalem valor buff while in town either. so the loot they get from the boss will be just normal junk
Edited by Sawndee#1466 on 4/22/2012 1:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
At least in normal, those are the kind of teammates i'd like. normal seems way too easy, so the extra HP makes for a nice challenge plus extra experience. if they join to kill leoric, so what, he drops the worst loot. good loot comes from elites and champions as I think everyone has figured out by now. leoric is only good once
Reply Quote
1. You don't lose anything, the loot is independant.
2. They'll be missing on a lot of elite loot, which, as we've been told, is as good as Boss loots.

However, yes it sucks. I think the only thing that can be done about that is the kick option, which I doubt we'll see on release.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]