Diablo® III

Any beta achievement carry over to retail?

Yes... the purpose of achievement in beta is to test the achievement system, that's it. Not for your e-peen growth.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
04/22/2012 06:14 PMPosted by randomtask
and then you slay them and take their ear.

Very Interesting....

So is this just a joke? Or is it some minor leak that the ear taking system will return in some form?

The latter, preferably.
Reply Quote
04/22/2012 03:19 PMPosted by Bashiok
yeah they are supposed to be exclusive to the launch event... Im guessing the blank circle is where those who hadnt realized what was going on there will have the chance to get any they missed

Correct there's a two week grace period where you'll be able to get any/all of the sigils, which closes forever on... I believe May 17. After that, those sigils belong only to those who claimed them.

Does anyone know what this "Blank circle" is? I want to make an exclusive demon hunter sigil for use in game but I didn't when it was the hero of the week.
Reply Quote
04/22/2012 03:18 PMPosted by Bashiok
Are these sigils exclusive to this launch event? ie 2 years from now, only those of us who took part in this event will have the sigils...?

They are exclusive to the launch event, yes. So years from now someone will say "ware u giet dat sygyl?" you can say "QUIET HEATHEN! This sigil was bestoweth upon thy banner by the launch site." and they'll be all like "oooooh... wuz thattt?" and then you slay them and take their ear.

LOLZ!
Reply Quote
This needs to be stickied and copied over to the WoW general forum.
Reply Quote
They are exclusive to the launch event, yes. So years from now someone will say "ware u giet dat sygyl?" you can say "QUIET HEATHEN! This sigil was bestoweth upon thy banner by the launch site." and they'll be all like "oooooh... wuz thattt?" and then you slay them and take their ear.

Open world hostile toggle patch confirmed. (Screenshot)
Reply Quote
110 Orc Death Knight
04/22/2012 08:44 PMPosted by CapnGeiger

Open world hostile toggle patch confirmed. (Screenshot)
And this is why most official representatives on video game forums are forbidden from having a sense of humour.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
I can't get the launch site to work though Bashiok. When I try and edit the banner for any of the heroes it flashes loading and hangs forever on 0% in Chrome and IE and even after a fresh windows install with fresh drivers and flash, java, you name it. I made a post in the tech support for website area but I got no response today and this is gonna be 3 in game things I miss out on from that promotion so far.

My other post is at http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4661686643

*Edit* I got it and I am monumentally daft for not having realized. It was AdBlock.
Edited by Tarrachal#1387 on 4/22/2012 9:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Wish I would have read this thread before I maxed all 5 classes over the stress test weekend... Haha. Oh well. It was mainly just to see which class I was gonna rock.. I'm still torn between DH or Wiz.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Because I see quite a few achievements on the beta and find it a waste of time to get any unless
I get them during my adventure without really attempting to get them.

As of right now I do not feel like playing the beta ever again because I already completed it once.

Nope, they do not. And achievements been getting reset like every 2 weeks it seems like. I would assume the beta achievements will be reset when it goes live.
Reply Quote
Hello Bashiok. I'd like for Blizzard to reconsider not carrying any kind of reward over for the Overachiever and Betamaxed achievements to 'retail'. I was under the impression achievements are tied to accounts and not characters. This is for the following reasons:

1) The announcement of the open beta (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4963739/Diablo%C2%AE_III_Open_Beta_Weekend-4_19_2012#blog) did not explain what from the beta would remain when the game goes live on May 15. It was left to our own imaginations what would be deleted.

2) The achievements 'Betamaxed' and 'Overachiever' would imply that beta-only achievements were available to be had. A stress test or a beta test with achievements for participating in them would lead a lot of players on to the conclusion that these are not to test the achievement system, but to reward players who love the game enough to reach these rewards.

3) Consider the viewpoint of players who are eager to play Diablo 3 , but are not experienced beta testers. Consider the viewpoints of people who are not game developers and game enthusiasts, but ONLY game enthusiasts. We are not logging in to help you test your service. We are logging in to play.

4) Did you expect us to find this out by coming to the forums and doing a search (not even stickied)? I found this topic from a player telling me in-game about nothing being transferred when the game goes live. I think many players do not even bother with your forums, and you have to understand why. Not every player is into the community of a game and forums can be a pretty toxic place.

If nothing gets carried over when the game goes live, I will find it very illogical and cruel.

I realize I'm a speck when it comes to the base of customers you have, but I really do think this should have been handled better. More education on what a beta is and what exactly happens to our accounts after it finishes would have allowed my girlfriend and I to still have fun playing your amazing game, but not SOOOOOOOO many hours on it. And not so many runs on King....
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Death Knight
Codeblink, you pretty much just described me... I looked at the achievements in D3 beta and thought that they would carry over because they specifically said beta (Which I'll admit now was a stupid assumption.) However I had played Gears of war Beta and they had beta only achievements that carried over to the real game so I figured it was that type of deal.

So unknowingly I played my butt off in D3 beta for a lot longer than I would have because of this assumption. I even continued to get Beta maxed AND Overachiever. For some reason in my mind I thought AFTER I spent 4 hours per character that I would check out the forums to see if people could see my d3 accomplishments. And what do you know... they don't carry...

Now I'm not saying Blizzard should now make them carry over because I went all hardcore, I just wish that in the future in betas or w/e that Blizzard would be more careful in choosing their wording with that kinda of stuff.

Not to mention I had to dive into the forums to even find people talking about this. And to all the know-it-alls out there this IS a legitimate question for most people who haven't beta tested any blizzard games before. I'm glad I was able to help d3 become a better game thank you for your time.
Reply Quote
This is quite unfortunate, we must visit a website to receive in game content instead of being aloud to sport the achievements we earned in beta. Lame diggity, hardly sets anyone apart from being an original beta tester and just being someone who clicked next 3 times to get a sigil.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
04/23/2012 03:07 AMPosted by Desperado
This is quite unfortunate, we must visit a website to receive in game content instead of being aloud to sport the achievements we earned in beta. Lame diggity, hardly sets anyone apart from being an original beta tester and just being someone who clicked next 3 times to get a sigil.

But you got to test out the content before 90% of the population.

That's more reward in and of itself. And really, why should being randomly chosen make you more special than the unlucky ones who couldn't get into Beta for whatever various reasons? Also, you're forgetting that those people "clicking those sigils" are doing Blizzard a service by helping market one of the most anticipated launches to date.

TLDR: You got to play Beta, that's an achievement by itself.
Reply Quote
Personally I'd love some carry over for doing all the beta achievements BUT nothing that can't be acquired normally in the game. Just a little something faster for those of us with free time on our hands. :D
Reply Quote
I can't enter any email info into the Darkness Falls: Heroes Rise.. It goes straight from the banner to finished.
Reply Quote
04/23/2012 08:14 AMPosted by BaronHarkon
I can't enter any email info into the Darkness Falls: Heroes Rise.. It goes straight from the banner to finished.

You only get the sigil for the "Hero of the Week". There will be another chance to get the sigils you missed, don't know when that would be though.
Reply Quote

So collecting ears is confirmed?!?!?!

jk, butt that was hilarious because that is exactly how it will go down.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
CodeBlink, I'm going to give you some of that toxicity that you distaste on the gaming forums.

Whether you are a computer nerd, Diablo fan, Blizzard groupie, or gaming enthusiast, you would know what beta means and represents... no further definition is required. Beta has been used for development and testing of all forms of scripted/coded games since the start.

You should not be upset that you "wasted/spent" sooo many hours playing the game. That was your choice, not Blizzards. Giving achievements to someone for participating in beta is an unfair system as it is based on random invitation, not on first come first serve, experience, interest, etc. You chose to spend the time, don't blame Blizzard for your poor choice/understanding.

Also, if you enjoy the game it wasn't wasted. And it shouldn't have taken you multiple runs for the King kills 15 mobs achieve (or more than two for each toon to hit 13). All of this is your choice. Blizzard offered beta for people to test their product, not play it. Even if you chose to improperly use it, does not mean Blizzard is at fault, it lies with you. The fact that this post was made however, was a real *insert the name of my WoW toon here*.

For the record, I was in the beta before Open beta, and fully understood the meaning and purpose of the achievements. See you May 15.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Death Knight
@Shockure, honestly all the rewards were pretty pointless to most people since they were only banner sigils. Imo most people who didn't want them would've not taken the time to get them.

They were only vanity items that a majority of the population would just simply think "I wish I would've gotten a chance at those." And then they would move on with their lives.

Not to mention how was a person like myself that played in the open beta supposed to know that those achievements were going to be wiped? They most certainly sounded like legit rewards since EVERYONE had 3 whole days over a weekend to do it. And other beta's actually DO offer rewards for playing them such as Tera. Believe it or not in the Tera beta if you pre-order it your character that you leveled would go to live!

With all these different approaches to rewards and stress testing incentives how was a person who just walked in the front door supposed to comprehend that EVERYTHING was going to be wiped. I mean I understood that my characters would be wiped, to me that was a given. But achievements that were titled specially towards beta would make most people believe that they would not be wiped. Nothing in game said it and you had to do a google search or go to the forums to figure it out. All in all an easy task, but most people trying to get all the achievements in 3 days wouldn't take the time to do that.

Stop being so ignorant and thinking "Oh this was so obvious because I already knew it", just because you know it doesn't make it common sense nor obvious to other people.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]