Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Triple Monitor Gameplay

In this video i share my thoughts and experience on Diablo 3 Beta Gameplay using Triple monitor setup and 5760x1080 resolution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgqrpI7k26c&feature=youtu.be
Reply Quote
being open to have menus open full time /drewl

well i'm ordering 2 more monitors...

/sips coffee
Edited by Ritalynn#1331 on 4/25/2012 9:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
do u get a wider view from other competitive games such as starcraft 2 as well? If so, tri monitor gives a huge advantage.
Reply Quote
OMG THAT IS GONNA BE SO OP FOR PVP!!! >:O

*goes buy 3 new monitors*
Reply Quote
Weird, if I change the resolution on my monitor from 1920x1080 to 1920x1200 I get a lot cut off from the sides. The same goes for SC2. I can't imagine they would give people an advantage for setting up 3 monitors.

It looks like a fish eye view, are you sure he is seeing more? Or is the picture just severely stretched on the side monitors? Either way I think this would give me a headache.
Reply Quote
Too much to look at... I don't see myself ever running D3 on my second monitor. However... if they eventually build in the option for game play on one monitor and the inventory etc on the other I'd consider it.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
I also run a 3 monitor setup and without being able to move ui elements from the far corners I find it unusable. Mini map is out of view, crafting and vendors you're repeatedly going from far left to far right it just gets annoying.
Edited by Grimmlet#1690 on 4/25/2012 10:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/25/2012 09:56 AMPosted by Asurastrike
do u get a wider view from other competitive games such as starcraft 2 as well? If so, tri monitor gives a huge advantage.

The monsters won't appear until they come into your center screen. Was confirmed a while ago by a blue.

Basically multi screen users get to see more real-estate (environment) but they won't see anything that we won't before hand (monsters).
Reply Quote
fair enough
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
04/25/2012 10:50 AMPosted by Kerberos

The monsters won't appear until they come into your center screen. Was confirmed a while ago by a blue.

Watch the video again. When he teleports to the Cathedral area, they spawn on his left monitor first. Unless they have since changed this.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Looks like you're squinting to see a game. Like snow goggles.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cb/Inuit_Goggles.jpg

Perhaps Inuit gamer?
Reply Quote
Anybody get a PLP (20"-30"-20") setup to work with this?
Reply Quote
Does that work with just 2 monitors? Everytime I see a multi monitor set up - it always has 3.
Reply Quote
Whats awesome about this topic and video is....Im getting a 3d 23 inch monitor and 2 22 inchs for 70 bucks from a friend...what a steal CANT WAIT FOR D3 now!!
Reply Quote
04/25/2012 12:44 PMPosted by Szcott
Does that work with just 2 monitors? Everytime I see a multi monitor set up - it always has 3.

Your character would be in between the two middle of edges of the monitors so while you could, you wouldn't want to.
Reply Quote
Also running 3 x 22" monitors at 5960x1080 res with a GTX 680.

Runs awesome, looks awesome, and like someone already said my only complaint is that the UI isn't completely on the center screen. Gets annoying looking all the way to the left to read the chat or look at character portraits, then alllll the way to the right to look at the mini-map or inventory.

Too bad Blizz has already said they won't officially support surround/eyefinity. It's so lame. Since having a surround setup for about a year, I can't go back to gaming on one monitor.
Reply Quote
04/25/2012 09:56 AMPosted by Asurastrike

MMm... not really a "huge" advantage. Your fog of war is still limited by buildings/units that you control/have shared vision of. It's not like you can see through the fog.
Reply Quote
Hopefully Widescreen Fixer will be able to release a fix for the UI like they do for other games.

Of course it would be fixed if Blizzard let you move the UI elements around.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]