http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#UZYdik!bcd!bbcYYa
2hander, any ideas?
edited after first few comments
now a dual wield build
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WXYdih!cUd!ZcbYYa
Edited by DrRowe#1369 on 4/25/2012 12:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
You have lots of Spirit using attacks. Maybe consider dual-wielding for faster generation +Dodge?
Reply Quote
As others in this forum have said unless it's a pvp build exalted soul doesn't seem very useful. You're never going to sit there and let your spirit pool build to 250 till you use a spirit spender. You're going to spend it the moment you get it so upping your max spirit doesn't help that much.

For WoTHF that rune will need to be tested till I can give a definite say(true for all of them I guess because WoTHF isn't available in beta =p). If it works like poison damage does now in d2 you will just keep refreshing the dot and running the risk of missing the damage ticks because it is your only spirit gen causing the rune to be less useful. Because it is your only spirit gen I would say windforce flurry would be more damage IMO. You could be using it for the dash of course but if you have dashing strike I don't see much need for a dash on WoTHF.
Reply Quote
To be honest I don't think builds like this will work on higher difficulties, at least not in soloplay. Even if it provides decent DPS in group play, I don't think monks will ever compete with DH, Wizard, or WD in terms of DPS, as a DPS monk I think you will just be gimping your group because they could get better output from other classes.

In soloplay your build doesn't have the necessary survivability to beat higher difficulties IMO.

I think soloplay monk is going to be about mixing survivability with damage, luckily we're one of the best classes at accomplishing that. I think we need to either focus on building armor and dodge or building healing while keeping a few damaging abilities.

I have a build that focuses on heals and another that focuses on armor, personally I'm going to use armor, so this is the build I intend on rolling with:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aXgiVh!ZXd!YbaZaa

With this I can build armor off of dexterity (which also increases my damage and dodge) Additionally I have 2 heals + the immunity of serenity. The build has lots of mitigation + the heals, but it also does a lot of damage. Not as much as your build, but probably not much less. Your build might dish out 9/10 or 8/10 dps but my build has 9/10 survivability while still dishing out 6/10 or 7/10 dps, obviously those numbers are ambiguous but you get the idea.

As for group play I think monk's role is support/healer. I won't get into builds but I really think groups will look for monks to fill those roles or perhaps to tank, but I don't think we can dps as effectively as other classes.
Edited by JacksonAK92#1716 on 4/25/2012 11:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
taking things said into account, afk 15 mins with new build
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
edited
Reply Quote
I quite like the look of McDaniels build there. Tons of survivability with a lot of AOE damage for crushing those minion waves. Personally I think Essence Burn would be a better rune eventually, but it is also much later in the game. Thunderclap would also be a good rune to use with FoT.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]