Diablo® III

The "Killing Spree" bonuses

I haven't had a problem with the killing sprees. Been playing for over a week and I can tell every time I am going to lose my streak.

Edit: Stop feeding trolls lol.

But it's so funny watching him rage ;n;
Reply Quote
I would really appreciate it if the notification about the kill streak showed up where the NPC text dialog is so it doesn't get in the way on those times when it shows up and you're still fighting.

Just make it less obtrusive and it would be great!
Reply Quote
just make sure they all die at the same time.
Reply Quote
04/22/2012 03:42 PMPosted by Bashiok
That guy was weird.

Blue trolled.
Reply Quote
04/22/2012 02:48 PMPosted by Stuffyz
If you get stuck on a high-health beefy monster, your spree will fall off.

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure that Massacre's timer keeps going as long as you are damaging a monster no matter how long it takes to kill it...
Reply Quote
04/22/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Bashiok
The bonuses are certainly nice, and fun to see how high you can get them, but they're fairly minimal and so I wouldn't stress about feeling like you need to always have a streak running.

And that is too bad. Trying to rack up massacre streaks was the most fun part of the beta. Honestly, I'd love to see you tie it in to magic find somehow to make it always appealing for players to chain kills.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
04/22/2012 02:49 PMPosted by Ermac
it is your responsibility to ensure you're are killing monsters at a quick enough speed for the spree to not end, not blizzards resposiblity to make it easier for you.

04/22/2012 02:49 PMPosted by Ermac
it is your responsibility to ensure you're are killing monsters at a quick enough speed for the spree to not end, not blizzards resposiblity to make it easier for you.
Reply Quote
Am I able to turn these notifications off, I find it distracting.
Reply Quote
04/22/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Bashiok
The game doesn't have a concept of 'in-combat'. The countdown begins from kill to kill, so if it's falling off and you're being awarded with a streak then you took too long to kill the next enemy. The bonuses are certainly nice, and fun to see how high you can get them, but they're fairly minimal and so I wouldn't stress about feeling like you need to always have a streak running.

Not sure if it means much to anybody, but last time I played, the countdown was from hit to hit, not kill to kill. So long as you're constantly whacking things, whether they die right away or not, your kill spree will still be tallying up as they drop. So for you commenters worried about spree bonuses in higher difficulties, you should be able to get some high sprees in nightmare/hell so long as you keep on swinging.
Reply Quote
For what it's worth, I have noticed the same effect that OP is describing. I found it most obvious on the DH, where I'd have two or three piercing arrows ricocheting off a massive cloud of mobs, gibs flying everywhere, a nice little killstreak message would pop up right in the middle of it all.

WTF, right?

Well, I did some testing, and I am fairly certain it has to do with summoned mobs: wretched up zombies, summoned skeletons, bats spawned by nests, etc. I will venture a guess that, like in D2, summoned mobs give no XP and are thus disqualified from kill-streak rewards as well. Confusion arrises when summoned creatures are mixed in with normal ones, causing partial kill-streaks that seem to break half-way through.

Does that sound plausible?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]