Diablo® III

Monk- Help me understand

Help me understand why the monk is so amazing? i wanna play monk but i am convinced i wanna play wizard right now. could anyone explain why the monk is amazing and/or provide a great build for me to see and explain? also i heard they can revive after dying at 30% health? can someone explain everything?
Reply Quote
sorry im a noob with monk. appreciate the help though
Reply Quote
Every class is amazing and overpowered. That's how they were designed. Play what you think you'll have fun with.
Reply Quote
could you or someone explain the monk fully? likewhat i asked above more than that? that is very true though!
Reply Quote
04/25/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Koooozie
could you or someone explain the monk fully? likewhat i asked above more than that? that is very true though!

Just read through the posts. If we posted anything in this thread it would just be repeat information found everywhere in the other threads both recent and old.
Reply Quote
alrightyyy
Reply Quote
04/25/2012 08:14 PMPosted by Koooozie
also i heard they can revive after dying at 30% health? can someone explain everything?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#!T
Reply Quote
This (be sure to check the youtube vid):
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4512731455

and ya, what Cain posted.
Reply Quote
The lure of the monk for many people is the potential speed and the combos(no other class has combos). However, under the current combo system must is still desired. If you are curious how the monk could be awesome read the attached link. I go into great detail on how a few simple tweaks could expand and refine the current system.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4079621943

Please note that many of my concerns about the combo system appear to be speed independent so unless Blizzard does a few tweaks there will be no difference between level 13 and 60.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
You're asking someone to explain dozens of active and passive abilities to you, not to mention all the runes which multiply the amount of actives times 5. Did you want a book? that's what it would take. Go on this site to the monk character generator and look through the skills.

If you have a specific question, I'll be glad to try to help you with it. But explain the class? Your talking 21 skills times 5 runes for each plus 15 passives.

That's just to start...
Reply Quote
Just know as a Monk. You will be a support for your team, a fearless leader who's capable of taking lots of damage and mitigating that damage through DR, Dodge, and Healing.

You can have a pet called Mystic Ally

You have paladin auras from D2 called Mantra's

You have the best healing skills in the game.

You also have some of the best CC in the game as well.

If you like up close combat that is fast paced and exciting. The monk will be for you.

The wizard plays a lot slower than the monk. They have more nukes and are designed for damage.

Monks don't have many nukes, but their attack speed and combination skills allow them to maintain a fierce arsenal of martial art tactics that will crush the demon hordes who dare to face you.
Reply Quote
04/25/2012 08:14 PMPosted by Koooozie
Help me understand why the monk is so amazing? i wanna play monk but i am convinced i wanna play wizard right now. could anyone explain why the monk is amazing and/or provide a great build for me to see and explain? also i heard they can revive after dying at 30% health? can someone explain everything?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/monk/
Reply Quote
thank you everybody! helped me a lot and explained eveything i wanted to know. Zanathos. you are a douche bag.
Reply Quote
It's not amazing... its just a class, why is wizard amazing? What do I like about monk? I like how I can be tanky and do heavy dps at the same time, I like how it can fill three roles (dps, tank, healer/support)... I dunno, why does anyone like any class in any game? Some are just more fun to play for certain people...

Monk isn't some revolutionary class, I just like it more than the other 4 classes and enjoyed playing it more in beta, thats all.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
04/26/2012 08:16 AMPosted by Koooozie
thank you everybody! helped me a lot and explained eveything i wanted to know. Zanathos. you are a douche bag.

ROFL. Why? You asked an incredibly general question about an entire class! We spend pages discussing one particular rune on one particular power and you just want us to:

04/25/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Koooozie

ROFL. You'll go far in life. All I said was ask a specific question, not something so general! It's like a little kid asking how a car works! Do you want me to say, there's a, engine that runs on gas that makes it go? Or do you want me to get into electrical systems, the transmission, cooling systems, chassis, what an internal combustion engine is, how brakes work?

That's what you did? You think i'm a
04/26/2012 08:16 AMPosted by Koooozie
douche bag.
for asking for clarification?

Grow up.
Reply Quote
you were an !@# about it. I didnt mean write a story about everything. clearly everyone else understood what I was asking because a bunch answered perfectly. you could have just said ask more of a specific question. no need for your book comment.
Reply Quote
Hey koooozie

What type of Monk are you wanting to play my good chap?

Support?
  • Full
  • Half
  • Lite
  • http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4253968080?page=1 (this forum topic goes into good detail of the difference between these)

Damage?
  • Max Damage
  • Continuous Damage
  • Damage Supporter
  • or

Control?
  • Heavy CC
  • Mild CC
  • Lite CC
  • Tank
  • Reply Quote
    Also, are you planning to play with ally's more often than solo?

This can change which builds would best fit which play styles.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]