Diablo® III

Purchasing a US/Euro CD Key

I'm just wondering what the affects of purchasing a US/Euro CD Key are?

GameLane an Australian online game retailer is selling Diablo 3 for 57 AUD. A significant price difference, the catch is that the cd key is a Euro CD-Key. Does this matter?

Will I be defaulted to the Euro servers? or will this affect my RMAH?
Reply Quote
That will only affect the localisation I believe. As you can change the realm/server to play on any one you like.
Reply Quote
GameLane an Australian online game retailer is selling Diablo 3 for 57 AUD. A significant price difference, the catch is that the cd key is a Euro CD-Key. Does this matter?

Yes, you will not be able to access our RMAH.

Will I be defaulted to the Euro servers? or will this affect my RMAH?

Yes but you can change, yes it will. In another respect while I'm not certain of this yet, there was talk about being able to use local currency with the version we'll get in Aus, which makes me wonder if you'll be stuck having to use other currencies with different RMAH's which attracts currency conversion fees. There may be flexibility though that I'm not aware of, making that aspect a non-issue.
Edited by Icey#6585 on 4/27/2012 1:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi 'ChaSiu',

Thank you for contacting us.

The cd key will be emailed to you on May 15th. Digital download of the game is provided through Blizzard Battle.net.

Note: The game is region free for Battle.net online play. You are restricted to a specific region's Real Money Auction House (RMAH) based on your address when you activate your game. However you may change the region providing proof of residence*
*This information might be changed by publisher near the release date

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us. We are looking forward to dealing with you again in the near future.

Regards,

Gamelane Australia

Got a response from Gamelane.
From what they say (unless I interpreted it wrong) as long as my BNet address is in Australia I will get defaulted to Australia RMAH and North America server regardless of where the CD-Key comes from.

But I'm not sure I take their word for it since they're just trying to make a sale. I really want a response from blizzard. I asked Blizzard by submitting a ticket they replied with an automated message basically telling me to f off.. and to go to the forums for an answer..
Edited by ChaSiu#1673 on 4/27/2012 3:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi 'ChaSiu',

Thank you for contacting us.

The cd key will be emailed to you on May 15th. Digital download of the game is provided through Blizzard Battle.net.

Note: The game is region free for Battle.net online play. You are restricted to a specific region's Real Money Auction House (RMAH) based on your address when you activate your game. However you may change the region providing proof of residence*
*This information might be changed by publisher near the release date

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us. We are looking forward to dealing with you again in the near future.

Regards,

Gamelane Australia

Got a response from Gamelane.
From what they say (unless I interpreted it wrong) as long as my BNet address is in Australia I will get defaulted to Australia RMAH and North America server regardless of where the CD-Key comes from.

But I'm not sure I take their word for it since they're just trying to make a sale. I really want a response from blizzard. I asked Blizzard by submitting a ticket they replied with an automated message basically telling me to f off.. and to go to the forums for an answer..

Why not just call up Blizzards customer service?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]