Diablo® III

My current build - rate please?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#QiXTfj!aYh!cYZcab

Multishot with Arsenal for AoE damage.
Strafe with Rocket Storm for single target damage and mobility.
Smoke Screen with Lingering Fog for defense.
Companion with Wolf Companion for additional damage and tanking.
Evasive Fire with undecided rune for damage, hatred generation, and backflip.
Marked for Death with Grim Reaper for additional damage.

Tactical Advantage for mobility(with this, you can Strafe at almost normal speed without rune!)
Steady Aime for damage.
Ballistics for damage boost for Multishot and Strafe.

The only weak link I see is that Strafe may not be good enough to deal a single target damage. However, Strafe with Rocket Storm and Ballistics deals 210% weapon damage, it is pretty cost efficient, and you can drain your hatred from max to empty in less than five seconds if you are using two one hand crossbows, which I am going to use.

Any feedbacks?
Reply Quote
Seems okay nothing really wrong with it, you are lacking a bit on the crowd control though some slows or stuns will probably be needed in the higher difficulties. other than that looks solid you maybe could trade out wolf companion for something that slows like caltrops with carved stakes since you might be a bit starved for discipline or bait the trap if you feel you have enough discipline and want a little extra damage.
Reply Quote
04/27/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Unbound
Seems okay nothing really wrong with it, you are lacking a bit on the crowd control though some slows or stuns will probably be needed in the higher difficulties. other than that looks solid you maybe could trade out wolf companion for something that slows like caltrops with carved stakes since you might be a bit starved for discipline or bait the trap if you feel you have enough discipline and want a little extra damage.

Yeah, I know that I'm lacking on slow. But with Evasive Fire and Smoke Screen with Tactical Advantage, and tanking from the templar and wolf pet, I think I should do fine keeping distance from the melee enemies. Getting weapon with cold damage or chance to slow, stun, fear, knockback is also going to be useful, especially because I'll be dual wielding one hand crossbows.

And I agree that I'll be pretty tight on Discipline, and I prefer it that way over having extra Discipline because my build doesn't spend them fully enough. If my Discipline usage is too heavy, then I can always take the runes from Smoke Screen and Evasive Fire to reduce Discipline cost.

Thanks for the feedback!
Reply Quote
I think it would be okay if it worked, but the only hatred generator is evasive fire, which will cost you your discipline half the time since you want to be in close range to your enemies. As such, I think the build is just broken. So it seems like it just needs a rework so that it is more sustainable.
Reply Quote
04/27/2012 11:32 PMPosted by Evilrake
I think it would be okay if it worked, but the only hatred generator is evasive fire, which will cost you your discipline half the time since you want to be in close range to your enemies. As such, I think the build is just broken. So it seems like it just needs a rework so that it is more sustainable.

I agree, evasive fire is a poor hate generator, it should be used as a situational skill not as your primary hate gen, pick something you like outa the primary tree, I personally would drop smokescreen cause i don't like it. However, it's your build so you should pick what you wanna drop.
Reply Quote
i think i would take the bad companion for more hatred regen
Reply Quote
04/27/2012 11:32 PMPosted by Evilrake

Huh, I want to be in close range to my enemies? I have Steady Aim in my build, and none of my skills require me to be in close range to be effective.
Reply Quote
04/27/2012 08:32 PMPosted by Atonement

Yeah, I know that I'm lacking on slow. But with Evasive Fire and Smoke Screen with Tactical Advantage, and tanking from the templar and wolf pet, I think I should do fine keeping distance from the melee enemies. Getting weapon with cold damage or chance to slow, stun, fear, knockback is also going to be useful, especially because I'll be dual wielding one hand crossbows.

And I agree that I'll be pretty tight on Discipline, and I prefer it that way over having extra Discipline because my build doesn't spend them fully enough. If my Discipline usage is too heavy, then I can always take the runes from Smoke Screen and Evasive Fire to reduce Discipline cost.

Thanks for the feedback!
Im talking about on inferno Teleport mobs and extremely fast mobs will be your problem and cold immune if you go for slows that way.
Reply Quote
I think caltrops would serve you far better than marked for death would.
Reply Quote
Like the idea behind the build but I think a few changes will make you stronger.

Companions can't tank they are simply passive damage dealers plus benefit from whichever rune you take, in fact they don't take damage at all.

As has already been suggested I would pick up caltrops with either hooked spines, torturous ground, or bait the trap.

I would switch your rune on evasive fire to displace as that gives you plenty of room between melee mobs and you especially if they have caltrops to slow them down.

I would be a bit worried about lack of hatred as multishot and strafe are both fairly costly so you might want to switch wolf for bat companion for more hatred and you won't have to worry about spending the disc every 25 seconds to re-summon the wolf.

Marked for Death doesn't seem very useful for your build especially with the grim reaper rune as you aren't going to be dishing out lots of single target damage unless you're strafing and there is only one mob around, in which case grim reaper is useless anyway. I would drop it completely or switch to Valley of death for better aoe, mortal enemy for more hatred regen, or death toll for a bit of healing.

I'm not sure why people are concerned about evasive fire as a hatred generator as it produces more than any of the others unless they are runed for hatred. It has drawbacks in other areas like lack of good aoe and that it uses up disc in a way you might not want if you aren't careful about it but for hatred gen I think it's fine.

Also I wouldn't worry about a specific type of mob in hell/inferno being hard to deal with for your build. The whole point of the enemy diversity in Diablo is so no matter your build you're going to struggle against something, as long as it's fun for you to play it's successful.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I would say evasive fire can be your primary generator, but if you're going to use minimal CC as suggested, you will really need the extra range or reduced disc cost on it. With no vault or caltrops, you'll really need to maximize your disc evasive usage with evasive fire. Especially with smoke screen using half of your available discipline.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]