Diablo® III

Adria is not Leah's mother

This sounds far fetched but please think with an unbiased mind for a minute. Deckard Cain has been taking care of Leah for a long time and he's the one that told her that Adria was her mother. However, Deckard could have just wanted to use her for her ability to have visions (such as what she sees in the Black Soulstone Cinematic), and somehow manipulated her by making her think she was the daughter of Adria because either he is controlled by Diablo (or Belial), or because he knows that she is in some way connected to Diablo (or Belial or Azmodan). I do not believe that Leah could be possessed by Diablo just by being Aiden's daughter (if she was) as I've never read or heard of double possession in Diablo lore (or else wouldn't Diablo take over several bodies instead of just one at a time?) This just seems like a great curveball for Blizzard to throw towards everyone who thinks they have it figured out.

As for Diablo's host(assuming he is in a host in this game and what we've been seeing is not his true form), I think Adria would be a more likely candidate, although I can't exactly explain why. To me this interpretation of the information Blizzard has given us makes the most sense from a literary and developmental standpoint. And I am most likely incorrect as this is just guesswork. What do you think?
Edited by xoSHIVERox#1409 on 4/28/2012 7:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think you think your right because it was your idea.
Reply Quote

I do not believe that Leah could be possessed by Diablo just by being Aiden's daughter (if she was) as I've never read or heard of double possession in Diablo lore (or else wouldn't Diablo take over several bodies instead of just one at a time?)

In the Book of Cain it talks about Mephisto controlling the entire upper echelon of the Zakarum faith from inside his soulstone. I think Diablo could influence two bodies at once
Reply Quote
They'd never cast Deckard Cain in an evil light, especially not after 2 games and an expansion. He's always been the 'guiding light' character for the player.

The reason for questioning Adria is because she has always been a questionable character in Diablo lore. Her motives are never truly revealed to the player at all, only rumors. Cain's motives and history are made relatively clear and apparent to the player.

Also, what Ender said up there. The reason Leah is highly suspect is because she is the daughter of both Adria and Aidan. This is confirmed fact from the lore. While a strong connection between the Burning Hells and Leah is apparent, it doesn't necessarily mean she will be the new *host* for Diablo.
Edited by Abeer#1797 on 4/28/2012 10:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/28/2012 10:13 AMPosted by Ender
In the Book of Cain it talks about Mephisto controlling the entire upper echelon of the Zakarum faith from inside his soulstone. I think Diablo could influence two bodies at once

I forgot about that and you're probably right but controlling and possessing(in a way where that person basically becomes the demon like Aidan did) aren't exactly the same.

04/27/2012 11:14 PMPosted by NWOTyrael
I think you think your right because it was your idea.

I don't think I'm right.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]