Diablo® III

Command entries

I was playing the BETA for a bit earlier and we were discussing diffculty and stuff, and we were chatting about the /player 8 difficulty increase for solo play...

Now for the hell of it I decided to try something...

I tried /kick player; and I got a message stating "Invalid command entry" or something along those lines

so then I tried...

/player 8... no message

tried /player 4... no message

So does this mean it's a valid command we can utilize at launch and it does nothing for BETA? Has Blizzard confirmed or not whether or not these will make a return?
Reply Quote
There hasn't been any word on a /kick feature. Probably because Blizzard wants to see how public games play out first before adding anything that "may" be abused by certain players.

As for /players X, I don't see any reason for this to return. As of now there's no bonus (as far as I know) for having more players in your game unlike Diablo 2. In Diablo 2 people would use this command for extra drops and I *think* xp, but I can't remember exactly how xp scaled with additional players. In Diablo 3 you gain no additional drops (outside of other players sharing what they've received), or xp from what I've noticed, with an increase in players.

Basically, if you want a /players 8 option you go to Inferno.
Reply Quote
I'd like the /players to make a return just for the challenge of increased health and damage. Loot is secondary to fun.
Edited by Zofi#1223 on 4/29/2012 5:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
but my point is that I'm not getting a message stating "invalid command entry" when typing certain commands... this leads me to believe that for this case in the BETA /player 4 does something because I didn't get a message stating otherwise...
Reply Quote
I'd like the /players to make a return just for the challenge of increased health and damage. Loot is secondary to fun.

I wonder what other goodies might be in there for launch :D
Reply Quote
04/29/2012 05:31 PMPosted by Reaver
but my point is that I'm not getting a message stating "invalid command entry" when typing certain commands... this leads me to believe that for this case in the BETA /player 4 does something because I didn't get a message stating otherwise...

Another thought is that the command does work, but only for development staff with access to them. They should have put an error msg on it like the others though if that's the case.
Reply Quote
Another thought is that the command does work, but only for development staff with access to them. They should have put an error msg on it like the others though if that's the case.

I suppose, I checked the /? and it's just commands for chat and emotes, maybe more added later or like you said hidden commands just for devs/gm's (if there will be any)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]