Diablo® III

Beta game maps predictable?

During the free weekend for Diablo 3, I was able to predict where certain areas will be on the map (i.e. going from cathedral level 4 down).

Will this be fixed upon release?

I'm assuming that the map is only like this cause well, it IS beta.

Any clarity on this is greatly appreciated. Thank you :D!
Reply Quote
No, there are some maps that are static and there are some maps that are dynamic. Dungeons are mostly dynamic but with a limit.
Reply Quote
It's random but some "chunks" are the same. Won't be any different in the real game.
Reply Quote
Static areas being story areas e.g. Jandar
Reply Quote
Alrighty!
Thanks for the swift replies fellas!
I appreciate it.
Reply Quote
The beta is also the most streamlined / narrow point in the entire game, they've stated it opens up a lot more afterwards, which was even noticable in the leaked beta content.
Reply Quote
None of the maps in D2 were truly random either. They just had a certain number of variables that could be sussed out with enough practice. Because we are seeing a fairly small dungeon with a lot of static elements to it, it is easy to figure out those variables rather quickly.

But, even having been in beta for quite some time, there is still the occassional map segment that surprises me, though. So chances are that bigger maps will be much harder to figure out.
Edited by Narfle#1451 on 4/29/2012 8:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Paladin
All the above replies apply but also keep in mind that with each "chunk" or segment that you get you're not guaranteed to get the same...stuff...in that particular chunk each time.

Sometimes there's a chest down the stairs of that one chunk, sometimes a champion pack sometimes nothing, sometimes an 'event' through a door like the trapped chests etc...all of these things are just incentive to explore even though you may think you've seen all the layouts, sometimes there are surprises in each layout worth checking out.

Every time I passed a certain 'chunk' in the dungeon I always stopped to run down it's stairs and check around the corner since one time a big chest was down there. Only saw it once during the open beta for example, some people probably saw it many times down there. random is random.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I did not run in to this issue at all. I'm guessing the OP was one of those rare few whom the random maps randomly generated very similar layouts each time through.
Reply Quote
Game maps are predictable because it is pretty much the tutorial levels. The maps will eventually open up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]