Diablo® III

AUS & NZ Release time info request

Sorry to direct a thread at the blues, but needs must.

I assume that AUS and NZ will have our games unlock at midnight on the 15th PST?
This 'regional' release is more than confusing considering we aren't officially a region.

When do our games unlock?
What servers/regions can we choose from at that time?
Reply Quote
From Diablofans

US Servers Go Live At 12:01 a.m. PDT
This time will include Canada, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and South East Asia

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
We're inviting you to join us for the midnight launch of Diablo III! In addition to local retail shops' midnight launches, we're holding a number of demonically charged worldwide launch events in major cities where you can join Blizzard to celebrate the release of Diablo III and pick up your copy of the game. Each event will have its own activities, giveaways, and contests, so see the press release for further details and be sure to check the launch event site for more info on the one nearest you.

Diablo III Midnight Launch Events

Whether you're attending a launch event, grabbing the game at a local store, or waiting patiently at home for your digital version to unlock, you'll want to be ready to jump in right when the servers open. For the Americas region, comprising the U.S., Canada, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and South East Asia, the game servers will go live at 12:01 a.m. PDT on May 15. As a reminder to our Latin American players, the digital version of Diablo III will go live on May 15, and the retail version will launch on June 7.

Don't forget to create your BattleTag -- it's important to do so now if you haven't already, as it's REQUIRED TO PLAY DIABLO III. Also note that if you'd like to receive a digital copy of Diablo III free, there are still a few days left to sign up for the World of Warcraft Annual Pass.

We hope to see you at one of our Diablo III launch events, and we look forward to seeing you in-game on May 15!
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
We hope to see you at one of our Diablo III launch events, and we look forward to seeing you in-game on May 15!

Hah, I'd love to be able to attend one, but apparently Australia and New Zealand are undeserving of such things - and I'm not exactly keen on travelling all the way to Singapore just for a launch event.
Reply Quote
Im terrible with time zone conversions. What time would we be able to play in Aussie, Perth time?
Reply Quote
the general consensus is that the game will go live at around 5pm on the East Coast. Since perth is 2 hours behind the east coast, then you should be able to play around 3pm Perth time.
Reply Quote
nice... i like this. That means i can still work on th e15th, make some money and go home early to playyy
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
New Zealand Standard Time: 7:00 PM
Australian Eastern Standard Time: 5:00 PM
Australian Central Standard Time: 4:30 PM
Australian Western Standard Time: 3:00 PM
Reply Quote
FYI for future reference just use this page.

http://everytimezone.com/
Reply Quote
Any idea if we will be able to install the game prior to 5:00PM(AES)?
Reply Quote
04/26/2012 09:29 PMPosted by ChaSiu

We could install the latest WoW expansion way before it was released, so I dont see why it would be any different here. You can also install the game now if you have pre-ordered it.
Reply Quote
04/26/2012 10:03 PMPosted by Asphyxiate

We could install the latest WoW expansion way before it was released, so I dont see why it would be any different here. You can also install the game now if you have pre-ordered it.

No you can't. You can only download the installer. It won't install till launch (or so the error says when I try to install)
Reply Quote
04/26/2012 10:28 PMPosted by Ahmaz

No you can't. You can only download the installer. It won't install till launch (or so the error says when I try to install)

Would you be kind enough to post up a screen shot of this "won't install to launch" error please. I'm collecting every D3 bug and making a collage out of them. And this is what I have done so far.

http://i.imgur.com/TIILW.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Not being able to install it before May 15th IS NOT a bug. It is entirely intentional behavior. Reference this tweet from Bashiok: https://twitter.com/#!/Bashiok/status/195213565278429185

Do note: @Blizzard_ANZ has tweeted conflicting information, but as a community rep based at Blizzards offices, I would likely take Bashioks word as the actual situation
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]