Diablo® III

'Direct Heal Spell's' for Guiding Light skill

Just wondering if only Breath of Heaven activates this property? Or does something like Inner Santuary -- Safe Haven also activate Guiding Light?
Reply Quote
Since BETA never gave us the option to test. The assumption is that BoH is the only direct heal we have.

Everything else is a HOT besides CS with heal rune.

Now will the CS heal rune proc this as well? That wuld be a good way to add damage to your CS.

We can only speculate.
Reply Quote
04/25/2012 02:04 PMPosted by Archangel
Now will the CS heal rune proc this as well? That wuld be a good way to add damage to your CS.

It better -.-

I don't want to have to use BoH UGHHHH
Reply Quote
Its not all that fun of skill but it is a huge DPS booster skill for us monks.

BoH w\ Infused with Light is our #1 best way to regenerate our spirit pool almost instantly.

The more spirit we have, the more damage we can do or the more we can spam Mantras to boost our team.

So even if it is not used for healing. Being able to have a full globe every 5-7 seconds is nothing to glance over either. (^-^)b
Reply Quote
I'm guessing any spell that says heals instead of regeneration will proc guiding light. Doubt blizzard would only allow one skill to be able to proc guiding light.
Reply Quote
04/25/2012 03:18 PMPosted by Yenpower
I'm guessing any spell that says heals instead of regeneration will proc guiding light. Doubt blizzard would only allow one skill to be able to proc guiding light.

They did make the passive only usable in multi player games. lol Who knows what they are capable of. haha

In a solo game i would think you can proc the direct heal by healing your follower or maybe even your Mystic Ally.

But we will have to just wait and see.
Reply Quote

So even if it is not used for healing. Being able to have a full globe every 5-7 seconds is nothing to glance over either. (^-^)b

How are you getting a full globe every 5-7s when it has a cooldown of 15s? At 3APS you would gain approximately 65 spirit from that rune every 15s for a single target, and a full globe more than likely with more than one enemy.
Edited by Nevermore#1419 on 4/25/2012 3:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote

How are you getting a full globe every 5-7s when it has a cooldown of 15s? At 3APS you would gain approximately 65 spirit from that rune every 15s for a single target, and a full globe more than likely with more than one enemy.

Glad you asked Void (^-^)

"Infused with Light
Gain 6 additional Spirit from Spirit generating attacks for 5 seconds after using Breath of Heaven."

I base my numbers off having a APS of 2.5 which seems reasonable with duel wielding.

Pop BoH (12.75 CD timer starts with Beacon of Y'tar passive)

The next 5 seconds is you attacking with your generator as much as possible. (CD remaining on next BoH is 7.75 seconds)

With 2.5 APS this means over that 5 seconds your going to land 12.5 attacks. Lets round down to 12 for even numbers.

12 attacks @ 12 spirit per attack = 144 spirit generated during those 5 seconds. A full globe

So now we have a full globe and 7.75 seconds on our CD. Well we need to spend this spirit don't we? So how much time will it take to blow 144 spirit? Could be 2 seconds with spamming skills like Mantras(50) CS(50) WoL(75). I was guessing that 2 seconds was a reasonable number of time that would pass while your blowing that full globe.

This leaves us 5.75 seconds on the BoH CD before we can rinse and repeat.

So during the next 5.75 seconds, you have 0 spirit cause you just dumped it and so your going to spend this time filling up your globe again.

5.75seconds x 2.5 APS = 14 attacks roughly @ 6 spirit per attack. 14 x 6= 84 spirit generated.

Now you have 84 spirit, your BoH CD is up and you can blow 84 spirit, pop BoH and start all over.

I say 5-7 seconds because if you dont use Beacon of Y'tar passive. Its more around that 7 second time.

Yes i know its literally 12.75sec on the CD or 15sec but you will be busy either spending or generating.

Because if you dont spend that time spending and or generating then whats the point of having the skill?

You can see though how you will be blowing through 100's of spirit very quickly in a short amount of time over and over. Thus making BoH our fastest spirit gen skill we have.

Add to this any gear with spirit regen or other skills that add to spirit regen and you will have more spirit then you know what to do with (^-^)b

Enjoy (^-^)v
Edited by ArchangelMD#1937 on 4/25/2012 3:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Of course during those last 5-7 seconds you dont have to save up to that full 84 spirit. You can spend as much as you like.

When that Cd timer ends, pop BoH and full globe yourself to freedom.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]