Diablo® III

Dual-wield vs Quiver

Hizzy? Really? Hizzy?

Is it 1998? Will my hizzy get up in that biaotch?

Call it a 1HX, and save us from the late 90s.

My hizzy doesn't like the tone of your voice.

Another thread falls victim to hizzys.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Hizzy? Really? Hizzy?

Is it 1998? Will my hizzy get up in that biaotch?

sure thing Darth..

ps.

hizzy
Reply Quote
i think it'll really come down to what items you find... remember loot is random! certain skills favour faster attack speed whilst others will compliment high base damage. wait and see what you find and build accordingly! that said, i can't wait to find a nice hxb... anyone read waylander? XD
Reply Quote
IMHO everyone in the leveling up state will choose whatever drops that has the highest duration dps. Lots of time to weigh the pros and the cons before you get to an endgame weapon.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I played two toons to the Skeleton King on the open Beta and never saw a quiver or any mention of how to obtain one if mob drop wasn't the way.

I did see a vendor selling blue 14dps (I think) hizzies and I bought two.

Holy cow. Speed Kills. Just sayin. I put the yellow bow away and started using rapid fire WAY more often... because I could. Once I got to the Skeleton King, he was much easier than I anticipated on a ranged class. I'm glad that the dual wield is viable. If they do get nerfed, tho, and quivers overtake 2hers early, I can see them becoming perma-salvage and that would be a shame.

The image of a Demon Huntress dual wielding those hand Xbows is just badass...
Reply Quote
Dem hizzies seems to be so good weapons, cant wait to equip a hizzie and after that fire dat hizzy
Reply Quote
05/01/2012 07:49 PMPosted by DarthSidious

1hx sounds like hexadecimal coding, or it sounds like you're trying to say 1 handed axe or hax.

Hizzy rolls off the tongue, and it's abbreviation, hz, is much more adequate than 1hx.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
This is a list of the 3 best end game bows for DH, strictly based on dps and that's it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/windforce
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/manticore
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/natalyas-redemption

From the looks of things, they are all pretty close, it really depends on what passives you put into place, and also quivers. One handed cross bows will shoot a lot faster, upgrading their crit could make the dps sky rocket. On the alternative, Bows do high damage but attack slower. Upgrading their attack rate could make a vast improvement on dps as well.
Reply Quote
It really will come down to affixes and bonuses, I'm pretty sure.
Reply Quote
05/04/2012 03:09 PMPosted by mellojoe
It really will come down to affixes and bonuses, I'm pretty sure.

AND what you actually find to use.
Reply Quote
Hizzy in no way shape or form is easily reconizable as the term for one-handed crossbow. hz is considerably worse. Neither word even has a Z in it for christs sake.

But unfortunately that is the point. People like to make up words that people not in the know will give them strange stares or looks about so they can more easily determine if that person is someone they should associate with.

So more power to you in your attempts to get close to fellow gamers. I for one will always call it a one-handed crossbow and you can suck my nuts.

:P
Edited by CdrRogdan on 5/5/2012 11:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
is hizzle acceptable?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
1h xbow or 1h crossbow. I just use traditional RPG terms. in game its a Hand Crossbow. but 1h and 2h are commonly acceptable terms in RPG land regardless of the actual weapon name. While a regular bow is just a bow.

Once the game goes live you will have tons of people who never use the forums so odds are using a term made up here will get blank stares from people who have never come here.
Reply Quote
There is no point unless they are identical, esp. when the quivers match the bonus. You will just lose damage when it shoots with the worse xbow, unless its really close and has great mods. Or if skills used both dps toghether, 50% whatever.

More then likely you are goin to be using a 2h bow with great stats and a quiver anyways. Higher topend and good speed nearly always trumps just speed.

Except for an offhand hizzy can have affixes that increase attack speed by a certain number (eg +.20) or by a percent (eg 5%) meaning that it can can have a bonus in addition to the 15% innate bonus making it even faster than using a quiver.
Edited by Threllen#1475 on 5/7/2012 1:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
[SIMPLE ANSWER BELOW]

In the presence of a 15% AS Quiver:
Pick a Hizzy with a higher DPS, and use it with quiver.

Without presence of a 15% AS Quiver:
Compare the two Hizzies.
If their DPS difference % > AS provided by quiver: Use the higher DPS Hizzy with quiver.
If their DPS difference % < AS provided by quiver: Dual wield them.
Reply Quote

1hx sounds like hexadecimal coding, or it sounds like you're trying to say 1 handed axe or hax.

Hizzy rolls off the tongue, and it's abbreviation, hz, is much more adequate than 1hx.

2hxb, 1hxb, Xbow, and Haxbow. I rest my case.

I hope we can still declare hostility on other players this time around, because I will be doing it every damn time I see someone type "hizzy" or its variants in-game to describe crossbows.
Edited by Kaaraa on 5/7/2012 11:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/07/2012 11:23 PMPosted by Kaaraa
2hxb, 1hxb, Xbow, and Haxbow. I rest my case.

Requires explaining, I have no idea what point you are trying to make. What is a haxbow? A bow with nice modifiers? What's 2hxb and 1hxb? A really terrible way of saying hizzy or hz? Xbow I can understand means crossbow.
Reply Quote
I just listed four much less irritating monikers for crossbows; was it that hard to decipher? If you can't figure out what 2hxb/1hxb means in the context of Diablo 3, yet your mind instantly interprets hz/hizzy as a hand crossbow, then you are beyond my helping.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]