Diablo® III

"No, no plans for duels." outrage!

I find it rather pathetic and just all around stupid on the designers part to not implement some sort of act 1 dueling. What were you guys smoking? I will like the game either way, but common. Why would blizzard hire no body from the first game(s). The main project manager didn't even work for blizzard during when these games were created. I digress, WANT TO BUY ACT 1 DUELING. That is all.
100 Dwarf Warrior
Jay Wilson himself said that they wanted to put in some kind of dueling system, look up blizzcon 2011 diablo 3 on youtube to find the discussions about this. He states that it will not be in for launch, but they want to and probably will implement it.
MAY THE MIGHTY DIABLO LET US TAKE THE EARS OF OUR FRIENDS
04/28/2012 06:55 PMPosted by Noobius
Diablo was 1st so WoW is the copycat....
04/28/2012 06:57 PMPosted by Sundancekid
I would "duel" people in town in d1 :P

that was pvp ,with duels you get the 5... 4... 3... 2... 1 THATS WoW not Diablo...

If you want pvp everywhere in the game so anyone can randomly kill anyone and as a result the loser looses all his gear and gold ,you should stay in D2.
I am glad they have arenas now so there is a possibility to play with other people ,because i am not that stupid to play without a password in d2.

Unless they plan to have pve and pvp servers ,i don't want to get killed constandly just because some !@#$ing %^-*!@# likes to stab me in the back while i try to enjoy the game $%^- no
85 Human Priest
+1 UP
I don't really care if Blizzard will want D3 to be competitive or not and I don't plan to play any rpg game competitively because imo it just doesn't work. I will play it just for fun so atleast I think there should be an option for me to choose to play with and against people I want.
04/28/2012 07:16 PMPosted by IMTC
If you want pvp everywhere in the game

I do not...

I want a fun way to fight a friend on both of our terms. I was saying in D1 there where ways you could kill people in town.
You're not very bright are you? You actually believe they started development of D3 the second D2 was released?

http://www.diablowiki.net/Diablo_3_History

You're not very bright are you? Yes I know the 4 resign but they still had many of the same graphic and art people working on.
It wouldn't be fun anyways with only 4 people to a game...
04/28/2012 07:04 PMPosted by Striker
I find it absolutely hilarious that Diablo III has been in development of over 10 years yet they had to remove pvp because its not up to there standards... Not to mention that they had to remove the mystic job and the lack of specific weapon animation for the characters. 10 years was spent making this game. It had better be the highest quality game I ever play otherwise I'd like to know what the heck they been doing all this time :/

What weapon animation is missing? I think monk use his fists and feet because it's intentional. -_-"
They better ne implementing pvp or replayability on thé long terme Will take a serious hit :/
i have one question bash ...

can we have a non rated arena and a ranked 1 ...

it would make everyone happy
100 Tauren Druid
04/28/2012 07:16 PMPosted by IMTC
Diablo was 1st so WoW is the copycat....
I would "duel" people in town in d1 :P

that was pvp ,with duels you get the 5... 4... 3... 2... 1 THATS WoW not Diablo...

If you want pvp everywhere in the game so anyone can randomly kill anyone and as a result the loser looses all his gear and gold ,you should stay in D2.
I am glad they have arenas now so there is a possibility to play with other people ,because i am not that stupid to play without a password in d2.

Unless they plan to have pve and pvp servers ,i don't want to get killed constandly just because some !@#$ing %^-*!@# likes to stab me in the back while i try to enjoy the game $%^- no

THIS
04/28/2012 07:39 PMPosted by ImMheY
I find it absolutely hilarious that Diablo III has been in development of over 10 years yet they had to remove pvp because its not up to there standards... Not to mention that they had to remove the mystic job and the lack of specific weapon animation for the characters. 10 years was spent making this game. It had better be the highest quality game I ever play otherwise I'd like to know what the heck they been doing all this time :/

What weapon animation is missing? I think monk use his fists and feet because it's intentional. -_-"

Nah, it's tacky as hell. I still hope that's a design flaw that will be fixed by the time the game releases.

Why the HELL would the monk run with weapons drawn and then sheath them literally the millisecond before his first attack connects? It makes little sense. If the monk mainly uses his fists/and or fist weapons only, then there are two possibilities to remedy this situation:

1.) Simply remove other one handed weapons besides Fist weapons from the game (and possibly Daibos), since the monk should note even benefit from a weapon he is not actually using...

2.) Have non Fists/Daibos permanently sit on the monks belt instead of drawing/sheathing them all the time

I believe that if Daibos/Fist Weapons get their own awesome animations, and the rest simply sit on the monks belt at all times then that will be the best outcome.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]