Diablo® III

WW Barb build for inferno

85 Orc Warlock
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bhXViR!WgU!ZZacab

I will be using this WW build that I have created, when Diablo 3 comes out. It brings mobility, fury generation, mitigation, and dps to the floor of survivability to any encounters within the game. Reasoning for not of putting the rune that increases WW to 143% weapon damage is because it turns it into fire damage, might i remind alot of you players that this is diablo, and mobs will have immunities, one will more likely be fire. As you see, i added the Hurricane rune to WW because i would like to still reach mobs that try to flee.
I addedd in our leap for more of a mobility move to be able to get in and out without worrying, with the rune Iron Impact, so you can jump right into a huge group of mobs without being owned, and you can whirlwind right through them (:
As you see, Cleave with (Reaping Swing) will be our fury generating move in this build , it does decent AoE to mobs, plus gives you more fury for WW. Animosity will help our Cleave for more fury generation and brawler will increase DPS. Reaping Swing will add 3+ Fury to you from Each mob that is in the group, plus with aminosity thats 10% more fury.
I took off the rage skill to add in our ignore pain. This is because i would rather have a "oh, !@#$" button while im in "inferno" difficulty. Instead of a button that does do mass amount of dps, but with a 120 cooldown? not worth it in my book, but as you see, you will have all the damage boosts that you will need to survive, and to clear through mobs.
Any questions or comments will be appreciated.
Edited by zero2crazy#1973 on 4/30/2012 7:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
27 Night Elf Druid
That looks almost exactly like the build I was messing around with. I agree with you on the Whirlwind Skill Rune choice. Plus, the bonus speed on WW will work wonders.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Some people might not agree with the Revenge skill in there but I prefer it for the Damage Boosts, expecially with Provocation to make it 30% each time you are hit. Now i am expecting you to leap into a group full of mobs. 300% Armor increase for 3 secs, you will be hit a few times whether Revenge will proc or not, Cleave and WW your way through them.
Too much damage being tooken, Ignore Pain and leap out. Regen your health and jump back in.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Agreed. Please sticky this post. I would like to see more comments, and see how others view this build!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Cleave you gain 5 Fury per *attack* , and the rune gives you 3 Fury for each mob that is hit. so im guessing you get your orignal +5 Fury then lets say there is 3 mobs infront of you so that is. 3+3+3=9 Fury then + your original 5 from doing that attack, so +14 Fury total.
Good question (:
Reply Quote
I would suggest taking the weapons master passive and use a mighty weapon or 2 instead of animosity as it will give you a lot more than 10% extra fury on your cleave and will also feed fury while you are whirlwinding.

I might be more worried about damage than you really need to be, but I would consider switching leap's rune to launch and just using it as an escape tool because the problem with WW is you can't really run/pop defensive skills the moment you realize you need to and thus having your escape tool on CD will be a problem.

You might consider swapping out brawler or battle rage for a defense runed war cry or tough as nails, but again I might just be overly cautious.

I'm going to do a similar WW build for lvling but swap it out for something more defensive when I hit 60.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
you have pointed out good points to this build (:
I appreciate the advise, but my build will mainly be surrounded this.
Reply Quote
What's your strategy against a boss, seeing you'll need to do single target damage?
Reply Quote
I think this could be a bit more well-rounded IMO regarding what last poster said about the single target dmg.

what do you think about it ?!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ahXVik!dgU!YZacaa
Reply Quote
I think this could be a bit more well-rounded IMO regarding what last poster said about the single target dmg.

what do you think about it ?!

Thats pretty close to my exact build except you have battle rage and war cry. do you mind explaining why you are using both of those? if you have battle rage you are substituting war cry for some major DPS dealer. i have war cry and even though battle rage would be a nice touch i think it can be substituted for some more DPS. I do think it is the right choice with bash instead of cleave seeing WW replaces cleave
Edited by KiNG#1898 on 5/2/2012 4:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
well seeing as u can switch very easily use 1 for boss fights and switch to ur mob build when ur done :) seems like it would work to me :) then again i didnt get to play beta so im not sure :(
Reply Quote
05/02/2012 04:35 PMPosted by Fearthagear
well seeing as u can switch very easily use 1 for boss fights and switch to ur mob build when ur done :) seems like it would work to me :) then again i didnt get to play beta so im not sure :(

But then you lose the valor buff and you potentially don't have a solid build. Like in inferno it wouldn't be effective to switch because there are still champion packs and mobs that will likely have very strong uniques in them
Reply Quote
yeah you can switch quite fast in '' Normal '' difficulty but i think it will take longer to switch up skills when you get into NM , Hell and Inferno . Plus with the Nephalem Valor Buff in inferno , when you kill a Elite/champ , you get an additionnal MF/GF % that you will lose if you change anything and if you quit that's why you have to try to find a build that suits you well so you don't have to switch anything to keep that buff !! :P
Reply Quote
05/02/2012 04:33 PMPosted by KiNG
. do you mind explaining why you are using both of those? if you have battle rage you are substituting war cry for some major DPS dealer.

I don't think that you can't have both at the same time , but I posted this build trying to keep the most of the original skills for the OP to have a quite ressembling build not a completely different one !
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
OH ok well as i said i haven't gotten to play it yet so i wasn't sure. Thanks for the x-tra info though :) should be helpful
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
also im going to feel dumb but what is the valor buff..... i am a little behind in new D3 stuff :(
Reply Quote
lolll don't have to feel dumb !.. the Nephalem Valor Buff is a new feature that happens when you reach LVL 60 , when you kill an Elite/Champ youre granted a buff on your MF/GF % , so you can get better loots when you fight the next champs , but you lose the buff if you change stuff quit game die ect ...
Reply Quote
Huh.. so many builds close to mine!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ahXVkg!gYd!YYcacb
I'll use a mighty weap and will play mostly with friends.
-I might go with Invigorate on War Cry if I find out me and my friends can do well without the resistance
-Grim Harvest looks too good to do not get
-Death from above on Leap will buy 3 seconds for the others to cast everything they have while I'm spinning and using revenge (I've played around with other builds and noticed I always picked revenge - no cd, no fury cost, nice damage, healing per enemy hit, looks like a really good choice since Barbs will get hit a LOT)

I also had picked cleave first, but then noticed I would already be doing AoE damage with WW and revenge, so I picked Bash since it'll do a little more damage on single target.

If I end up with excess rage I might try other runes on WW and see wich one I like the most or going Onslaught on Bash...
Edited by Mormega#1165 on 5/2/2012 10:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]