Diablo® III

Will you dual wield or use a shield?

Or use 2-handed weapons?

Tell me what you will use and why!

Personally, I plan on going with the good old Sword + Shield. Block seems really effective and might prove to be the difference between life and death in later difficulties.
Reply Quote
In an ideal world, 2h or dual wield. I like to kill things fast and see big numbers.

Wouldn't be surprised if (depsite what blizzard says) we are basically forced to rock the sword/board.
Reply Quote
In an ideal world, 2h or dual wield. I like to kill things fast and see big numbers.

Wouldn't be surprised if (depsite what blizzard says) we are basically forced to rock the sword/board.

I do believe it's gonna come down to it. A lot of people just won't be able to pass up the amount of damage that can be blocked by a shield in Hell and onwards.
Reply Quote
2 Undead Warlock
2 hander son.
Reply Quote
Whatever is most effective based on gear and available skills.

I expect Inferno will require a shield the first time around. Time will tell.
Reply Quote
I'm going to sword and board it. I've got 2 people i'm going to be playing regularly with and both are ranged dps. It makes sense to me that playing a tanky barb would be the best fit since they're playing a WD and DH.

planning on using http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bhXVgY!bdV!ZcacYZ or something similar for my build
Reply Quote
I will attempt to go polearm, but if I can't get anything good or if polearms are as useless as ones in D2, I will go dual-wield. Using a shield will be my last resort.

I'll probably go with 1-h mighty weapon, 1-h axe, or 1-h spear if everyone is using swords.
Edited by Auragami on 5/1/2012 8:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
2 hand! I want to smash demon skulls in. Just feels so natural and right to use a two hander.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Double scythes because that's just badass.
Reply Quote
Sword and shield.

Dual wielding isn't really as good as people think it is; Its only DPS benefit is a 15% haste buff, which is lowered slightly by the fact that your still taking a small overall DPS loss from your offhand weapon being (almost always) at least slightly less good than your primary.

YES, its going to be incredibly useful for builds that focus almost totally on Building and Spending rage as fast as possible (for example, Dreadbomb builds or whirlwind ones), but if your Build revolves around a high number of cooldown limited moves (such as Revenge, Overpower, ancient spear, ect.) then the value of that Haste goes down drastically.

I'm going to go with a shield because i plan on relying on a large number of CD limited moves, and because I think that shields will become almost mandatory in inferno if you don't want to have to retreat alot instead of staying in thick of things, like where i want to be.
Reply Quote
Shield + 1-h weapon.

Because hardcore.
Reply Quote
2 hander or dual wield for normal and nightmare, sword + board for hell and inferno.
Reply Quote
See, this is a bit of my fear of inferno. I will be going sword and board anyways because i like that kind of character, and paladin's don't exist in this game.

But for OTHERS, who don't like shields, i fear that they will be pushed more and more to equip shields almost as a requirement in Inferno to survive.
Reply Quote
88 Orc Warrior
Solo as dual-wield because I love it, but, as everyone else is saying, we'll likely be forced to sword 'n board at higher level group play. From the previews I've seen it looks like changing up your talents is as simple as activating a stone in town.
Reply Quote
Probably 2-hander, and focus on avoiding damage with mobility abilities.

Also throw weapon looks like it may be a beast with a badass 2handed weapon.

I just hope that when they finish the game, that the damage of 2handers is front loaded, so you can stagger attack effectively. Cause atm s&s is better at staggering, attacking with a 2handed weapon makes you stand there like a big idiot for too long and you end up getting hit more.
Reply Quote
05/02/2012 03:08 AMPosted by Gortrex
Solo as dual-wield because I love it, but, as everyone else is saying, we'll likely be forced to sword 'n board at higher level group play. From the previews I've seen it looks like changing up your talents is as simple as activating a stone in town.

that's great if your up for having a vastly smaller chance to get Loot drops, I.E. doing twice as much work. Without that Nephalem's valor buff your going to be seeing alot less phat loot.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
i'm probally gonna go 2h or duel wield for at least norm but from there on i might do either 2h or sword and board (im a whirlwind freak) :)
Reply Quote
shield and 1 handed weapons because the "darkness falls heros rise barbarian revealed" trailer when they equip all that badass gear made me nut myself!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Mighty Weapon all the way.

Higher difficulties will be highly dependent on gear, and to a lesser extent party composition. There is no way Blizzard will force Barbarians to use a SnB in Inferno. Will it help? Sure. Will you have to? Nope.

Gameplay first.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]