Diablo® III

Will you dual wield or use a shield?

2H mighty weapon...maximize the damage from the AoE damage dealers like EQ, rend, revenge, leap, furious charge, seismic slam and overpower.
Reply Quote
THis isnt wow, u dont need a tank lol.. for u people who played d2 please inform these wow players
Reply Quote
68 Orc Death Knight
lol...pretty much like dual wielding because of certain weapon effects might be more effective when combined.
Reply Quote
I'm planning mostly to play 1-hand weapon + shield.
Reply Quote
When leveling in D2, dual wielding wasn't really all that useful, either. Only to use the specific dual wield skills like Frenzy or Double Throw. It wasn't until you got to end game and had your Grief and Beast zerkers made with duped runes with your breakpoints already figured out for you by other people that dual wielding became more popular.
Reply Quote
I'll use whatever my newest drop is.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
2 hander !
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I'm 2hander or SnB. I can't stand dw.
Reply Quote
Dual-wield or 2h is the way to go if you're taking Bloodthirst.
Reply Quote
With the addition of enrage timers (we learned this yesterday, for those who live under a rock) means dual wielding may be essential to killing enemies in Inferno.

Changes everything, if you ask me. I just might switch to Dual Wielding.
Reply Quote
well after seeing the first look on barb at blizz video its clear to me that barbs are better at dual wield later on the video he switched to a two handed before he met deckard cain so i would assume thats the progression that would be most appropriate, but thats just me
Reply Quote
I am looking forward to using Sword and shield.. It just feels right.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
2 Hander all the way. Its like everything if you got the gear you'll do fine, it your going to rush it you might fail. This is my build for the first 30 levels and see, I reckon its pretty safe and smash build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bZYVgT!ZY!aZZaaa
Reply Quote
With the addition of enrage timers (we learned this yesterday, for those who live under a rock) means dual wielding may be essential to killing enemies in Inferno.

Changes everything, if you ask me. I just might switch to Dual Wielding.

I don't think the enrage timers are to force you into a certain build. It's meant so that you can't kite bosses around and toy with them, or exploit them where it would take a very long time to kill the boss, at your benefit.

I plan to go sword and board, but will pick up a 2 hander on some days.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'll be trying to keep one of each on hand for different purposes, but I imagine that in late NM/early Hell I'll be using a shield almost all the time.
Reply Quote
Axe & Shield ideally... but honestly whatever drops through the levels.
Reply Quote
55 Human Death Knight
Two hander.

Ask yourself, "What would Pyramid Head do?"
Reply Quote
Dual wield or a 2h. I might switch to a shield eventually at the higher difficulty levels if I feel the need to. Similarly, my skill choices will likely be very different in the lower difficulty levels.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
I go with weapons in WoW.

I require more shields in my life.
Giant shields.

Sword n' Board for me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]