2. Smash

Gear accordingly.
Reply Quote
^LOL^
Reply Quote
My gear will determine my build...
My build will not determine my gear...
Reply Quote
@Waters if you don't plan to enter inferno that is a sound decision. If you plan to enter inferno the opposite will be true. Blizzard said you will have to farm before you can even survive on the hardest setting. If you farm you should be doing so with some goal in mind.

That said I'm becoming more and more inclined to go with a sheild.
Reply Quote
2 Hander all the way.
Reply Quote
I go with weapons in WoW.

I require more shields in my life.
Giant shields.

Sword n' Board for me.

No... What we need is... DUAL WIELDING SHIELDS.

I would do that in a HEARTBEAT. Hell, if they add the paladin back in an expansion, that should be his signature ability.
Reply Quote
I go with weapons in WoW.

I require more shields in my life.
Giant shields.

Sword n' Board for me.

No... What we need is... DUAL WIELDING SHIELDS.

I would do that in a HEARTBEAT. Hell, if they add the paladin back in an expansion, that should be his signature ability.

lol...I can just imagine the animations for a barb with two shields bashing demons...epic
Reply Quote
I'll be using a 2 hander or dual wielding as often as I can, but if I get the epic shield drop, I'll probably use it. In a game that is dependent on random item drops I feel like we get much less of a choice int he matter unless we want to give up some power level. Which some players may, but I'm more of a "follow my best piece of gear and keep around a bunch of different sets if I ever want to change specs" type of player.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Life as a Barbarian is simple. Your priorities are as follows:1. Live2. SmashGear accordingly.

I like it, i think i will prolly go for shield and sword in inferno and prolly dual wield in everything else, but we wll see, only time will tell, if this amazing game ever comes out!!! :)
Reply Quote
05/01/2012 08:21 PMPosted by Auragami
if polearms are as useless as ones in D2

Sounds like you weren't using the right polearm(s). It was more than viable for PvM, assuming you could find a good one.

That was the hard part.

Life as a Barbarian is simple. Your priorities are as follows:

1. Live
2. Smash

Gear accordingly.

Also, this.
Edited by Heimwarts#1748 on 5/6/2012 11:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I would love to dual wield, but don't know if that will work as well as I'm thinking for the later difficulties. Might have to shield it up later, but we'll see.
Reply Quote
2h. chickens hide behind a shield!

... then again... it depends what i find :)
Edited by Zoidburg#1405 on 5/7/2012 6:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
I will be attempting to stay dual wield with frenzy the entire time. surviving based on massive amounts of leech and extremely high damage. ( just one of the main ways for surviving for my build ) aswell as 2 aoe stuns and knowing when to exit the fight and re enter is crucial aswell.

I believe not using sword and board will be perfectly viable even in the beginning of inferno and will more so rely on tactics instead of just being a meat shield. I believe if used correctly it would do very well.
Edited by Evades#1437 on 5/7/2012 3:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
just a question, if you based your skills on dual wield or two handed and later on decided to wield one hands and shield, can you reset your skill points to adapt to one hands and shield, it would be interesting and nice if we can do that option
Reply Quote
I think dual wielding will be WAY better early on. One handers do as much as 2 handers in the beginning of the game. The 2H weapon doesnt start scaling past 1H weapons till about lvl 20. I wont start using 2h till about lvl 20-25.
Reply Quote
Sword n Shield, I want to be able to only need to depend on myself. Still gonna play in parties but i want to handle w/e is thrown at me if possible.
Reply Quote
i for one will dual weild. i played all classes in d2 and d1 plus all classes in wow and melee dps is just fun to play to me:) it adds a challenge to it early on in the game i think. become the chuck norris barb with dual axes. be so powerful that you can atleast run in and wipe half of them and then deal with whats left muhahahaha
Reply Quote
2h for the most part. Sword and Board for them harder fights
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]