Diablo® III

'Faith in the Light' Mechanic

For the Faith in the Light mechanic, does the community have a guess what constitutes 'an attack'?

"For 3 seconds after using Blinding Flash, all of your attacks are empowered to deal 30% additional weapon damage as Holy."

Take this build, for example:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aXiYkT!fVb!abcccc

If I have Sweeping Wind up, do those hits proc it? Do the Tornadoes the Rune spawns proc it?
Does the aoe damage from all 7 SSS attacks proc it?
Does the Submission Rune proce it?
Does the Thunderclap AOE proc it?
Edited by Endgame#1573 on 4/25/2012 3:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
"Faith in the Light
For 3 seconds after using Blinding Flash, all of your attacks are empowered to deal 30% additional weapon damage as Holy."

I read this as a flat buff to your damage for 3 seconds.

I dont see the "proc" you are asking about.

You use Blinding Flash, and for the next 3 seconds you will deal a bonus 30% WD as holy to what ever targets you are hitting.

If by hitting this means SW, MoC with Submission, etc etc

all your attacks will gain a 30% bonus holy damage buff to them for 3 seconds.
Reply Quote
Essentially the 3 seconds that the targets are blinded is the 3 seconds you have the buff.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Short answer is, can't really say for sure. My guess would be as good as yours or any other non-Blizzard employee's.

04/25/2012 02:07 PMPosted by Archangel
I dont see the "proc" you are asking about.

I think what he's referring to is that the buff says "30% additional weapon damage as Holy" which indicates that it's not just a straight buff that boosts your weapon damage by 30%, but a separate source of damage. Essentially, you punch an enemy and then the buff "procs" and deals 30% weapon damage as Holy (as opposed to just increasing that punch by 30%).
Reply Quote
I think what he's referring to is that the buff says "30% additional weapon damage as Holy" which indicates that it's not just a straight buff that boosts your weapon damage by 30%, but a separate source of damage. Essentially, you punch an enemy and then the buff "procs" and deals 30% weapon damage as Holy (as opposed to just increasing that punch by 30%).

I see what you mean.

I look at it like a weapon enchant.

You are buffing your attacks with a 30% wd holy charge that last 3 seconds.

So any form of attack will receive this buff and the "proc" will be added ontop of your attacks. All attacks.

When i think proc, i think chance to proc vs's a garunteed added bonus, which is what the skill indicates that it will do. But i understand the pov now.
Edited by ArchangelMD#1937 on 4/25/2012 2:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Edited the first post to give the tooltip, and also

@Archangel

I hadn't thought of it as possibly being a 30% Weapon buff, with the modifier being Holy damage. If correct, that would be fantastic, because it'd be a straight up 30% damage increase versus an additional 'hit' that does 30% of your Weapon Damage as Holy.
Reply Quote
I foresee it behaving as such.

Lets say your basic attack hits for 100 damage.

You pop blind. Now for the next 3 seconds your basic attack will do 100 damage physical and 30 damage Holy.

So your total is 130 damage per hit. Resist may apply but i doubt many demons or undead have high resist to Holy damage. Maybe fallen angels (spoiler?)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]