Diablo® III

Authenticator

Hi peeps, I have a question: when my authenticator dies/is lost, can I contact Blizzard by email?
I was supposed to make this thread a long time ago, asking in case something happens, but I never been hacked,or shall i remove it from options?How long the battery lasts? (sorry for bad english is not my language)
Thanks in advance
Reply Quote
The battery should last a fairly long time. How long exactly is a good question, I'd say you should consider replacing it if you're getting close to 2 years with it.

If you have a smartphone like an iPhone you can get the authenticator app for free, you'd just log into your account, and swap it to the new authenticator.

I believe if your authenticator stops working you have to call Blizzard support to have them remove it from your account. They most likely won't do it via email. there may be a way to do it via fax as well but not sure.
Reply Quote
They have a new web-based system to remove Authenticators. But it requires you scanning a copy of your Government Issued ID (aka a Driver's License). There's a 3-day review process though.

You can call them too - but be prepared to wait on hold for an hour.
Reply Quote
USB authenicators usually last 10+ years.

The battery power key chain authenicators typically last 3-5 years before need a new battery/resync or a replacement device.

You are more likely to loose your authenicator than have it go bad. The SecureID ones we use have had a failure rate of less than 1 percent. And we have a couple of thousand of them.

*Edit-Grammar
Edited by HanOverFist#1144 on 4/26/2012 10:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
They have a new web-based system to remove Authenticators. But it requires you scanning a copy of your Government Issued ID (aka a Driver's License). There's a 3-day review process though.

I use an android authenticatior - and my phone was factory reset (by me, forgetting I had the link active on my phone).

This feature finally let me back into my account XD
Reply Quote
95 Human Mage
If you've had your authenticator for more than three years, there's really nothing wrong with ordering a second one and having it added to your account as well. Last I knew it was possible to link multiple authenticators to a single Battle.net account so that even if one dies the other will still grant you access.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter

Had to call for my wife about a month ago (she uses IPhone and we upgraded her OS which for some messed up reason reset her Authenicator.) Was on hold for only 15 minutes on a Sat afternoon.
Reply Quote
Thank you all gents :) Ill try to get a Smartphone now I´m living in Brazil (lived in London for 7 years and everything there was easy)so I hope they have here as well
Take care and see you on May 15th :-)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]