Diablo® III

So...Dashing Strike.

I dont care much for DS either, it only has good range when targetting something, if it was useful as an escape mechanism id totally use it.
Reply Quote
It was useful when we unlocked it @ level 2 and FoT was our last rune.

But now that we have a short blink that's free. The LOS issues that FoT has is minimal. Especially sense they raised the cost of DS from 15 to 25.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
I think TS is a better escape, personally. Mainly for the knockback and slow, plus a little 50% WD is kinda bonus, imo. And the last three runes add some good modifiers to it: Flurry for 80% slow, Slipstream for 25% dr & Bluster for 20% dr for entire effect to knockbacked enemies.

It'll be cool to see all the different monks and their choices-- how they all play out, as opposed to our own preferences. I'll be sticking w/ FoT-TC. Especially if Blizz fixes the teleport part of it, getting rid of any LoS issues. In my mind, teleport is different than dash because you should pop to the targeted mob, not get bumped or stopped by something in between, ya know?
Reply Quote
I would agree Tibs that TS is the best way for an escape. The other 2 require you to jump to a target on the outside and one of those has to be LOS.

Tempest, the monk can say "BAIL!" and take off at top speeds creating an open runway for anyone to follow behind. Also with the fact that Tempest can be made to cost 0 and in fact with enough +regen gear you could EARN! spirit while Tempest Rushing.

This makes this skill a prime choice for travel, scouting, and escape.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Just found this in beta feedback forum:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4662477995

Others having trouble with DS, but OP loves it, just not the bugginess...
Reply Quote
Spunky McMONKertinns! DS ftw!

A barbs leap lets you jump over gaps/walls too! also win
Reply Quote
Anyone else think that Soaring Skull will turn DS into something more similar to the Barb's Leap?

The biggest advantage I see from DS vs TC is that you can DS to an enemy and dash straight a cross a mob to a target behind it. TC will only teleport you to the edge of the mob.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
04/26/2012 03:31 PMPosted by Shygar
One good thing if you're playing Multiplayer; you can target your teammates and DS to them, so if you have a ranged class sidekick and you get in deep, you can nick out and survive in a pinch.

really? I never try that, but if so DS would be increase monk's survivability a lot more.
Reply Quote
Anyone else think that Soaring Skull will turn DS into something more similar to the Barb's Leap?

The biggest advantage I see from DS vs TC is that you can DS to an enemy and dash straight a cross a mob to a target behind it. TC will only teleport you to the edge of the mob.

This. It's the fastest way to kill a summoner type enemy or a ranged unit behind other units. TC cannot do that.

04/28/2012 11:53 AMPosted by Zumu
One good thing if you're playing Multiplayer; you can target your teammates and DS to them, so if you have a ranged class sidekick and you get in deep, you can nick out and survive in a pinch.

really? I never try that, but if so DS would be increase monk's survivability a lot more.

Doesn't seem to work. May have worked in previous patches though.
Edited by Nevermore#1419 on 4/28/2012 12:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest

This. It's the fastest way to kill a summoner type enemy or a ranged unit behind other units. TC cannot do that.

Doesn't seem to work. May have worked in previous patches though.

Yes, that is what confusing me, I can't do that in the open beta. However, we can also use several times of DS to escape the battle. No matter what it is a perfect skill(offensive&defensive) to me.
Reply Quote
Dashing strike is way fine with the good video card to go with it and the understanding of its mechanics. You can only DS to an attackable target witch includes barrels, and the range is pretty good on it. Im as fast as any other class into beta cuz i m using it right. And remember you will generate spirit like crazy once you will reach higher levels, so DS with no cooldown allows you to travel long distance across a battlefield in no time using Quicksilver rune with it. I personally plan on using it as my right click.
Reply Quote
04/28/2012 02:26 PMPosted by ZeALoT
I personally plan on using it as my right click.

I just remapped my hotkeys to WASD since I use my pinky to hold left shift. I put all of my movement (or defensive depending on the class) skills on A, healing/blind on S, mantra (or SW) on D, offensive move with a cooldown on W and my "spam" ability on right click, whether it's a second generator or spender.
Reply Quote
People have been complaining about how there's a "delay" after you dash before you can attack. I have no idea what on earth they are talking about. You dash, and as soon as the dash is over, the animation for the 100% damage attack happens, and right after that you are free to attack like normal.
Edited by Nevermore#1419 on 4/28/2012 5:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/28/2012 06:32 PMPosted by Coolhwip
You are probably too slow of a player to notice it and/or have never experienced dash before the patch 12 rework. There was absolutely no delay between dashing and attacking a mob back then.

Well let's see:

1. I just started playing since the open, which was what, patch 18?
2. I can tell the difference between not being able to attack due to a delay with the ability itself, and the ability having to actually finish all of it's animation and doing it's damage before you can attack. People are acting like it's bugged or that it has some excessive delay.

You tell me that I might just be too slow? Go in game and actually pay attention to what's going on NOW. I don't care about six patches ago. The complaints are about how it currently works.
Edited by Nevermore#1419 on 4/28/2012 7:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
A lot of you guys are debating the escaping value or potential between Dashing Strike and Thunderclap. The way I'm seeing some people word their posts is making me wonder if they're simply describing scenarios where they just want to escape a large melee surround, in which case LtK(Vulture Claw Kick) or Tempest Rush(any rune) would be better.

As it is neither DS or Thunderclap work if you have nothing outside to target. Thunderclap doesn't even work to escape if you don't have line of sight to the target.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]