Diablo® III

Magic Find Builds for Barbs

A lot of people might not realize this yet but barbs are going to be one of the more efficient Magic find classes due to 2 abilities. These abilities are Hammer of the ancients - Birthright and Threatening shout - grim harvest. Basically, both of these abilities allow for a chance for more loot to drop from mobs. When combined with Magic find, this gives barbs the best lmagic+ oot per kill ratio out of every class.

This does not mean that barbs will be or should be the go to MF class since ranged classes like wizard will typically have a lot of tools to keep them alive while still dealing damage (teleport, ranged AoE + slows, etc.) or could have a higher kill rate in general. However, should you choose to level a barb, with the right spec, you can be pretty efficient at MF without needing to level up a second toon for it.

Here's the build I'm thinking of

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#aZTSgR!Ydh!Ycbbbb

I think dw'ing mighty weapons is the route to go. The basic plan of action is to generate fury quickly then spam hammer to kill off everything. Earthquake is in there for dire situations when you need to clear a large pack quickly. Also, since weapons currently do not give MF iirc, a 1 hand plus shield might be a decent option to up survivability and magic find at the loss of damage

If you have any suggestions or thoughts, I'd love to hear them
Reply Quote
Here is one possible build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bZYPgi!YZX!ZcZcbZ

Using an Axe/Mace you can increase critical hit chance by 33% by using battle rage, wrath, HotA, ruthless and weapon master.

Drawback is only defensive skill is ground stomp.

You could use frenzy instead of cleave. but a big 2h axe or mace would do more damage with HotA.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bZiQgP!ZYg!ZcYYbc

Best MF build right there, I dare anyone to beat it.

This build = The reason I go Barbarian.
Edited by Had3l#1579 on 4/28/2012 2:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i guess the MF rate is slightly higher
Reply Quote

How are you supposed to stay alive? Not a single defensive skill.

This is why you MF Grind against GREEN mobs to borrow a term from WoW. you wouldn't MF against current tier mobs. at inferno if they are all the same lvl, you would need to wait till you had a decent enough set to allow some relaxing of Defense Skills.

Gotta agree with you here. While you'll get your best returns from champion packs and rares, from everything i've heard about inferno mode, you will be hard pressed to take those on consistently solo where MF is going to be most advantagous.

When it comes to group play, unless you know for a fact that everyone is going all out on magic find, every player added with worse magic find actually lowers yours. However, you will probably kill more efficiently so drops/min will be higher.

In other words, if you want as many drops as possible, MF in a group. If you want the best MF results, MF solo
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bZiQgP!ZYg!ZcYYbc

Best MF build right there, I dare anyone to beat it.

This build = The reason I go Barbarian.

How are you supposed to stay alive? Not a single defensive skill.

With health globes from the enemies I kill with Hammer of Ancients? Also, Threatening Shout reduces enemy damage by 20% already. Also, the healing Templar. Anyway, killing stuff fast is what matters in an MF build.

It is better to start with the highest damage, and IF you are having trouble surviving, go more more and more defensive to find that perfect balance. You don't want to have more defense than you need.
Edited by Had3l#1579 on 4/28/2012 12:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
just change ruthless passive skill to that one that increases your armor 100% of your vitality, works well for me
Reply Quote
i tried what hadel suggested and it works good, just changed some passive skills to make the defensive/offensive balance, hopefully some good drops will come my way!!!!
Reply Quote
Does anyone know the actual mechanics of those two skills? Do magic and rare loot drop from HotA crits when fighting elites/bosses/gobs?
Reply Quote
Screw Magic Find... Grab your best gear and 5 Stack farm Act 2. Best advice I've received, and I'm passing it down to you guys.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]