Diablo® III

How many people would buy "silver" edition?

86 Human Rogue
If the diablo collector's edition is considered the gold edition, and the standard edition is bronze or something, let's say there was hypothetically a silver edition. Basically silver would be a digital edition that came with all the stuff like in game cosmetic items, banners, dyes, and pets, but none of the physical goodies like soundtracks, art books, and that soulstone USB drive, and would be slightly cheaper than the CE as a result.

How many people would buy silver instead of the standard edition? I don't know about you, but I've gotten like no use out of that starcraft 2 usb, and I barely even looked at the bonus feature DVDs and art stuff, so I'm thinking I would have got silver if starcraft 2 had that available

Edit-
Clearly I need to clarify some things, because some people have a difficult time reading two paragraphs.

What this post is:
"in a hypothetical situation, would you do this?"

What this post is not:
"blizzard please do this I have such great ideas!"
"has blizzard more or less said if this will ever happen?"
"this is something that is going to happen so I am now allowed to discuss is"
Edited by Kam#1457 on 4/29/2012 3:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Human Rogue
Blizz has more or less told people that this would not happen.

Go buy the Gold version if you want that stuff.

oh, excuse me, I didn't realize I had accidentally titled this thread "has blizzard said if a silver edition will ever happen?" How silly of me to make that little mistake. Let me fix that real quick.
Reply Quote
"I want the collector's edition to have only stuff I like."
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
only reason im buying it is for the wings, so yeah, i would buy a digital CE. even if it was only 5-10$ cheaper.

id also like the opportunity to download the installer and pre-purchase instead of going to a brick-and-mortar store on the 14th.
Reply Quote
Blizz has more or less told people that this would not happen.

Go buy the Gold version if you want that stuff.

oh, excuse me, I didn't realize I had accidentally titled this thread "has blizzard said if a silver edition will ever happen?" How silly of me to make that little mistake. Let me fix that real quick.

It's simply not going to happen. Therefore, it is pointless to speculate about how many people would buy such a thing, as the only reason for such speculation is to try to convince Blizzard to make it, which they have said they will not do.
Edited by TeufelHund#1682 on 4/29/2012 3:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I would spend $80 for this "silver edition." Assuming this edition includes the dyes, the banner sigil, the wings, sc2 portraits, and wow pet. Don't really care for last two though.

To straight up answer your question: Yes, I would purchase this silver edition.
Reply Quote
86 Human Rogue
04/29/2012 03:38 PMPosted by theSkaBoss
"I want the collector's edition to have only stuff I like."

Oh dear, and I tried so hard to hide that. You must feel incredibly clever for working out that this is what I was saying
Reply Quote
so, basically a collectors edition for poor people...

err, no!

either the real deal, or not
Reply Quote
86 Human Rogue
04/29/2012 03:39 PMPosted by TeufelHund
It's simply not going to happen. Therefore, it is pointless to speculate about how many people would buy such a thing, as the only reason for such speculation is to try to convince Blizzard to make it, which they have said they will not do.

The devs don't read the forums, so there's no such thing as making a thread "to convince blizzard to make it". This is purely hypothetical. I realize you can't fathom the notion that someone would make a thread on a forum without some kind of hidden agenda, and I won't try very hard to convince you otherwise, so you'll just have to deal with it.
Reply Quote
I'd be interested in a sort of digital CE if something like that were available. The physical stuff that comes with most CE's is usually exciting for a few minutes then just becomes more junk to collect dust.

If I could buy a more expensive version with only the in-game goodies I would.
Reply Quote
04/29/2012 03:40 PMPosted by Anaphylaxis
Oh dear, and I tried so hard to hide that. You must feel incredibly clever for working out that this is what I was saying

You use sarcasm to reply to every comment you dislike. You must be so much smarter than everyone else.
Reply Quote
04/29/2012 03:43 PMPosted by Anaphylaxis
The devs don't read the forums

What devs are you talking about? The collector's edition box developers?
Reply Quote
i would consider buy the silver edition.
Reply Quote
86 Human Rogue
04/29/2012 03:51 PMPosted by theSkaBoss

You use sarcasm to reply to every comment you dislike. You must be so much smarter than everyone else.

I was using sarcasm to communicate that I was never trying to hide the fact that I am not interested in certain items in most collector's editions, and that I found it ridiculous that you felt the need to point out something that I had already said pretty clearly in my first post. But clearly that wasn't enough, because here I am explaining it to you directly, and using like 5 times as many words to do so. What a waste of time.

You used sarcasm to communicate how upset my comment made you, and to add basically nothing to this discussion. What an even greater waste of time.
Reply Quote
86 Human Rogue
04/29/2012 03:53 PMPosted by Nicco
The devs don't read the forums

What devs are you talking about? The collector's edition box developers?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they don't read the forums either
Reply Quote
Anything less than full support for Diablo 3 is blasphemy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]