Diablo® III

Confirmation - location of SEA servers?

Hoping a blue poster may be able to please confirm the location of the SEA servers? Is it Singapore?

Taiwan Battle.net site reports SEA server will open at 12:01AM local time, which is 15 hours before US servers open.

Is this true?
Reply Quote
Yes, SEA servers are located in Singapore. But that only applies to SC2.

There are no SEA servers for D3. We are defaulted to the US.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4175551303
Reply Quote
Sorry dude, you are wrong.

I was hoping for someone who knows what they're talking about to respond.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
No dude, you are wrong, been like 4 blue posts saying it.

AUS/NZ default to US servers which goes live at 5pm AEST.

There are no local (SEA) servers for Diablo 3. look at the stickies in this forum douchebag
Reply Quote

Then prove me wrong.

D3 launch events blog says this:

For the Americas region, comprising the U.S., Canada, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and South East Asia, the game servers will go live at 12:01 a.m. PDT on May 15.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5203659/Diablo_III_Midnight_Launch_Events-4_25_2012#blog
Edited by Hypersonic on 4/27/2012 1:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes, I know we default to connect to the US server. That wasn't my original question.

This from the stickied post by Bashiok - "Any items acquired on game servers in the Americas region are bound to those servers and are not transferrable to the servers in Europe or Asia (and vice versa)".

This implies there are SEA servers.

This is from the Taiwanese Battle.net site - http://tw.battle.net/d3/zh/blog/586951/%E3%80%8A%E6%9A%97%E9%BB%91%E7%A0%B4%E5%A3%9E%E7%A5%9E_III%E3%80%8B_%E5%85%A8%E7%90%83%E4%B8%8A%E5%B8%82%E6%B4%BB%E5%8B%95%E5%8D%B3%E5%B0%87%E5%B1%95%E9%96%8B-2012-4-26#blog ... probably won't paste correctly, so check this one out instead - http://www.diablofans.com/news/1177-asia-server-time-armor-set-preview-comic-contests-blue-posts-diablo-comic-battlenet-alerts/

Basically, Taiwan Battle.net site says servers are up at 12:01. SEA servers.

Looking for blue confirmation, not some people who can link me to the stickied posts in the same forum. Thanks, I've been using forums for a while now.
Reply Quote
I don't recall Taiwan being part of SEA.

The drop list at the bottom where you change regions suggests they have their own servers.
Edited by Hypersonic on 4/27/2012 1:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Taiwan is on a different server cluster to even SEA (the SC2 servers are actually on the korean cluster)

If you are looking for a blue post when the correct answer has already been stated by multiple people multiple times I am afraid you are barking up the wrong tree. Perhaps you need to study your geography a little more?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
oh btw, the licence isnt region locked, so you can get the thai client and play that with the copy you bought here in australia. This is what bashiok is refferring to here:

"Any items acquired on game servers in the Americas region are bound to those servers and are not transferrable to the servers in Europe or Asia (and vice versa)".
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I thought we were defaulted to connect to NA, but could also choose manually to connect to SEA? Am i wrong on this ?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Drek, there are no SEA servers.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
04/27/2012 01:28 AMPosted by Duanedibly
Drek, there are no SEA servers.

ok thank you
Reply Quote

Well that wasn't incredibly rude or anything..

Seriously, people answering your question when it's already been posted everywhere. And they're wrong? Based on what info?

Yes, I know we default to connect to the US server. That wasn't my original question.

This from the stickied post by Bashiok - "Any items acquired on game servers in the Americas region are bound to those servers and are not transferrable to the servers in Europe or Asia (and vice versa)".

This is from the Taiwanese Battle.net site - http://tw.battle.net/d3/zh/blog/586951/%E3%80%8A%E6%9A%97%E9%BB%91%E7%A0%B4%E5%A3%9E%E7%A5%9E_III%E3%80%8B_%E5%85%A8%E7%90%83%E4%B8%8A%E5%B8%82%E6%B4%BB%E5%8B%95%E5%8D%B3%E5%B0%87%E5%B1%95%E9%96%8B-2012-4-26#blog ... probably won't paste correctly, so check this one out instead - http://www.diablofans.com/news/1177-asia-server-time-armor-set-preview-comic-contests-blue-posts-diablo-comic-battlenet-alerts/

Looking for blue confirmation, not some people who can link me to the stickied posts in the same forum. Thanks, I've been using forums for a while now.

I don't even see how Bash's statement implies that there will be SEA servers. And no ASIA is NOT SEA at least not the way they divide regions for this game. It implies that items will be bound to whatever servers they are picked up on. Just as this thread and your responses implies that you're one of those asshats who already has an answer in their head and won't accept any other.
Reply Quote
there will be of course one way to test when all servers are unlocked : P
Reply Quote

I am from SEA and yes i can read chinese.

1st link you given is the taiwan official D3 site:
"《暗黑破壞神III》亞洲伺服器將在台灣時間午夜12:01分開啟"
Asia Server will go live at taiwan time zone 12.01am.

2nd link from diablofans:
"ASIA: 12:01 a.m. Taiwan Time"

I think you mean Asia server but not SEA server. Nowhere from the link you given had mentioned anything regarding SEA server at all.

Be polite, and appreciate people who trying to help. Grow up.
Reply Quote
Agreed. No SEA server and I think NA servers would still be preferable. Just not so sure latency wise if the Asian servers would be better?
Reply Quote
I doubt that latency wise it will be better at all.

You can do a test if you like.

Compare your pings. (search -> cmd -> "ping www.website.com"

www.us.battle.net
www.sea.battle.net (to see how different it is for you were you on the Sea server.

www.kr.battle.net
www.cn.battle.net

www.eu.battle.net
Reply Quote
I do know what you mean, OP.
But you have the wrong server.
There are Asia, European and American servers. Not including korean for obvious reasons.

OP, I believe, is asking "Can we play on the Asian server when Taiwan goes live?"
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Not sure if this helps
but during the beta i tried changing my realm from north america to asia....my ping went up to around 225-240 which makes me think during the beta atleast servers are based in the central us.

After changing it back to north america it went down to my usual 190-200 which is what i typically get from us west coast servers
Edited by Blanket#1492 on 4/27/2012 6:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]