Diablo® III

How do you wield two crossbows?

I can't seem to figure out how to use two 1 handed crossbows. How do you do this? Out of all of the classes I ran the beta with, Demon Hunter actually felt the weakest, contrary to what others have said. I found the Wizard the most OP, and Barbarian next. Doesn't matter as I have been salivating over the Witch Doctor more than anything else since they announced the class, but still want to understand what I am missing here with the Demon Hunter.

Can anyone shed some light on it for me? :)
Reply Quote
Make sure the item you are equipping is "hand crossbow" and not "2h crossbow", then just equip one on each hand?
Reply Quote
Yeah it won't let me, I can put a quiver in one and a 1 handed cross bow in the other, but not a 1 handed cross bow in each unless I am missing something.
Reply Quote
I really have no idea. There was someone with the same problem a while back. Can you provide screenshots?
Reply Quote
I may be mistaken but I think you can equip 2h crossbow and quiver. So OP might be trying to equip a 2h crossbow and a hizzy
Reply Quote
04/27/2012 12:18 AMPosted by Jaybonaut
I can't seem to figure out how to use two 1 handed crossbows.

Look at your crossbows carefully. There are 2-handed crossbows (that you can still equip a quiver with, but nothing else in the left hand).

If it's not that..the only other thing I can think of is that maybe you're trying to right-click in the inventory to equip both crossbows? If so, right-click to equip doesn't work for offhand weapons. You have to click on the crossbow you want in your offhand, drag the cursor to the left-hand/offhand slot, and click once more to equip it there.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
You cant wield two crossbows... but you CAN wield two hizzies
Reply Quote
Did you try hold down left click and dragging it over the quiver slot?
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
your doing something wrong, cursor over the item and make sure its 2 hizzies
if it doesnt work then the hizzy gods smite you
Reply Quote
What Catiane said. You can't just right-click the 1h crossbow, that will default put it in the mainhand slot. You have to actually drag it over your offhand. On a side note, if you can't even figure that out I think the problem is more with you and not Demon Hunters being underpowered.
Edited by Threllen#1475 on 4/30/2012 10:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I doubt he has a hizzy since no such item exists.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]