Diablo® III

Monk attack animation suggestion

Barbarian replaces some armors with body paint.

I suggest monk replace weapons held in hand with mystical tattoos on the arm and/or hand. Hard to see, admittedly, but it makes more sense than sheathing, permasheathing, or disappearing the actual weapon.
Reply Quote
no one will go with that. we want to see our legendary weapons. i'm fine with my amazing looking diabo STAYING strapped to my back while i use my fists, or while i'm just walking.
Reply Quote
Yeah, actually that's probably best.

I guess I think some of the other classes should do this with some weapons as well. WD holding a longsword just doesn't look right.
Reply Quote
72 Blood Elf Rogue
I actually like the Glowing Fists/ Arm Tats idea. Maybe keep the weaps on my back and let my hands be 'transfused by the power of the gods'.
Reply Quote
68 Dwarf Paladin
This would be good in combination with the suggestion to include fist and daibo animations for skills (at the very lest the fists).
Reply Quote
Or blizzard could oh i dunno.... actually give us animations? asking too much??
Reply Quote
I figured they could do something like having it strapped/sheathed the whole time and glowing, or floating beside/behind you with glowy power lines to your fists. Some kind of sign of having a weapon and it affecting the punches.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
This is a tremendous idea, and one I bet you they eventually implement. This issue was causing me to question whether or not I was even going to play the Monk. In the end, even if they don't introduce a glowing fist/arm tattoo animation, I'll still play it just because aesthetically...the skills and animations even with the weapon sheathing are just too epic.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
[Something I came across while reading the Monk's short story]

"Your weapon is only as strong as your spirit," Akyev had said to him the day his staff was cut. The monks strove to hone their bodies and minds into instruments of divine justice. Swords, staves, and other tools of battle were, in truth, unnecessary. Even so, the order valued training with all manner of armaments to strengthen its martial prowess. It was not uncommon for a monk to wield one type of weapon and use it as an extension of his perfectly balanced spirit to mentally focus his attacks. Akyev was an adherent of such a method, and he had spent a great deal of time imparting his philosophies about weaponry to Zhota over the years.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]