Diablo® III

Build for kicking butt in inferno, 8450% dam

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#eRiTjP!SUY!cZacZZ

Read This Before Posting
Relentless (passive skill): "While below 20% life, all skills cost no fury and damage taken is reduced by 50%."

Taking 14% damage while having 20% health is equivalent to taking 100% damage while having 143% health.
So to make it plain easy to understand, you have more effective health than a barbarian does normally even though you are at 20% hp.

This will hopefully clear up some confusion as to how this build works.

Here's how this works, let the enemy mobs get you down to 20% health to let relentless kick in. Then you activate ignore pain, battle rage, wrath of the berserker, call of the ancients and earthquake all at once (a quick 1-2-3-4 across your keyboard).

The 20% dodge rate of wrath of the berserker, the 65% damage reduction of ignore pain, and the 50% damage reduction of relentless will keep you alive the rest of the time.
The damage that you take will be (1-0.20)(1-0.65)(1-0.50) = (0.80)(0.35)(0.50) = 0.14, a mere 14% damage.
Long before ignore pain wears off, you will be swimming in health orbs from earthquake.

Earthquake will be your main damage dealer. It does 2000% damage over 8 seconds, which is doubled by the 100% damage increase of wrath of the berserker, a further 30% increase from battle rage, and 30% from brawler.
That's a total of (2000%)(2)(1.3)(1.3) = 6760% damage

The stacking formula is correct, active skills increase damage multiplicatively. However, I'm not sure how/if the 25% attack speed bonus of wrath of the berserker affects spells like earthquake. If it does, the total would be (2000%)(2)(1.3)(1.3)(1.25) = 8450% damage

For the mobs that are left, call of the ancients and seismic slam will finish them off.

For bosses, just switch the rune of seismic slam to stagger (70% chance of 1.5s stung). This should be enough to pull a semi-perma stun on those bosses (this might sound cheap, but blizzard designed the skill and rune thinking you would actually have to spend 30 rage for each attack).

So for comparison, a wizard does 110% with magic missile, her basic attack. For her to do 6760% damage, she would have to attack 61 times with her magic missile. And that's not accounting for the fact that earthquake does 6760% damage to every enemy within 18 yards, while magic missile only hits one target.

Now the downside to this build is that you have to wait for the 90 second cool down between mobs. The upside is that you can farm inferno mobs that other classes can't even dream of touching.
Edited by tenftcoke on 4/28/2012 4:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
sure, its a lot of damage.

but you do not have nearly enough defensive abilities.
Reply Quote

I don't think you red the whole thing. Here's the part you missed.

"The 20% dodge rate of wrath of the berserker, the 65% damage reduction of ignore pain, and the 50% damage reduction of relentless will keep you alive the rest of the time.
The damage that you take will be (1-0.20)(1-0.65)(1-0.50) = (0.80)(0.35)(0.50) = 0.14, a mere 14% damage."

Taking 14% damage while having 20% health is equivalent to taking 100% damage while having 143% health.
So to make it plain easy to understand, you have more effective health than a barbarian does normally even though you are at 20% hp.
Reply Quote
Sory, but this build doesn't make a lot of sense. First, waiting 1 minute and 30 seconds between every mob group is silly. Second, good luck being fast enough to cast your spells with less than 20% HP before you die if the mobs are so hard. Even if you get 86% damage reduction, you will be dead before the 8 seconds are done.
Edited by Had3l#1579 on 4/28/2012 4:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
We have found 1 out of _ Trillion different builds that will not work.

Sorry to put it bluntly, but all you have is fury spenders, big ones at that, and no way to gain fury, not to mention having to a minute between packs.
Reply Quote
04/28/2012 04:14 PMPosted by Jolts
lol yeah pretty dumb build.

Sorry to put it bluntly, but all you have is fury spenders, big ones at that, and no way to gain fury, not to mention having to a minute between packs.

I think the confusion is due to a lack of reading. Here's the text from Relentless:
"While below 20% life, all skills cost no fury and damage taken is reduced by 50%."
I'd explain but I'm not sure if you can even read this far =O.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
So you are banking on being below 50% hp to do any sort of consistant dmg. Thats risky.

Also seems you are hoping to insta gib people.

Maybe if you stay lifesteal this has a small chance to work.
Edited by Kierkegaard#1746 on 4/28/2012 4:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/28/2012 04:08 PMPosted by Hadel
Sory, but this build doesn't make a lot of sense. First, waiting 1 minute and 30 seconds between every mob group is silly. Second, good luck being fast enough to cast your spells with less than 20% HP before you die if the mobs are so hard. Even if you get 86% damage reduction, you will be dead before the 8 seconds are done.

"The 20% dodge rate of wrath of the berserker, the 65% damage reduction of ignore pain, and the 50% damage reduction of relentless will keep you alive the rest of the time.
The damage that you take will be (1-0.20)(1-0.65)(1-0.50) = (0.80)(0.35)(0.50) = 0.14, a mere 14% damage."

Reply Quote
04/28/2012 04:35 PMPosted by Hurrp
Where is the static fury generation? How will you even last long enough to get fury to cast 2 abilities?

04/28/2012 04:34 PMPosted by tenftcoke

I think the confusion is due to a lack of reading. Here's the text from Relentless:
"While below 20% life, all skills cost no fury and damage taken is reduced by 50%."
I'd explain but I'm not sure if you can even read this far =O.
Reply Quote
So you are banking on being below 50% hp to do any sort of consistant dmg. Thats risky.

Also seems you are hoping to insta gib people.

Maybe if you stay lifesteal this has a small chance to work.

Reply Quote
Note: inconsistencies in quotes are due to edits by other members. Specifically, Hurrp.
Reply Quote
VERY intersting idea there good sir,definitly worth trying out,might be a bit risky at the drop hp part (for hc players to be specific),seems that it will most likely work unless blizzard changes these skills,only proplem with it is the long cool downs,but still definitly worth trying out in hard dungeons,but i got a question,why get call of the ancients? i think the other spells are enough to kill everything or make just a few of the mobs survive with low hp and easy to finish.
Reply Quote
Well color me purple, I forgot that passive eliminates fury cost :O.

Only problem now is what happens if you don't kill all the minions, you have no CC and are way below 20% hp?
Reply Quote
From what blizzard has said, it seems like all from Act 2 inferno onwards, the dungeons are near impossible. I'm thinking that the only builds that can do Act 4 dungeons will rely on abusing certain certain semi-not-really-exploits like this one.

I can't think of a better spell to use than call of the ancients. Your right, this skill is not essential to the build, but it is nice considering your going to have to wait for the 90 second cooldown anyways and the 50 rage cost is free. The skill sounds like its going to look cool too.

Now that I think about it, I wish I didn't post this build. I could've been one of the first guys to beat x hard dungeons in inferno. Wonder if blizzard will change this when they look at this thread (though they probably won't see since there are thousands of other threads).
Reply Quote
Well color me purple, I forgot that passive eliminates fury cost :O.

Only problem now is what happens if you don't kill all the minions, you have no CC and are way below 20% hp?

Ah, sorry, I read your question wrong the first time.

For mobs left over, use seismic slam. It's AOE, knockback with good damage too and you can spam it endlessly since rage costs are 0.

If you find your health too low, just pick up the orbs left by the little guys who were killed by earthquake. Though you should try to keep health under 20%.
Edited by tenftcoke on 4/28/2012 5:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/28/2012 04:14 PMPosted by Jolts

Good sir, that does not constitute a critique.
Reply Quote
I don't get it Tenftcoke? I obviously did make a mistake when obviously not reading your entire post, but my last question still stands:

What happens when you don't kill all the monsters? You die. I know you won't kill all the monsters. Look at the Earthquake radius in their video, it is horrendous.
Reply Quote
I don't get it Tenftcoke? I obviously did make a mistake when obviously not reading your entire post, but my last question still stands:

What happens when you don't kill all the monsters? You die. I know you won't kill all the monsters. Look at the Earthquake radius in their video, it is horrendous.

You still have your Call of the Ancients with 3 guys kicking butt. You can also attack while the earthquake is going on, and note that your still under the effects of Wrath of the Berserker. Seismic slam + Wrath of the Berserker + Battle Rage is no pushover either when you spam due to its huge AOE and knockback. Finally you should have killed a good chunk of the mobs (the little guys at least) with earthquake so you have some juicy health orbs lying around.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]