Diablo® III

Build for kicking butt in inferno, 8450% dam

It might be fun build to try on, I wouldn't recommend it in hc but in softore you don't loose anything and every build will be good and this seems like fun although you will be limited to play in 2 minutes intervals,
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
04/28/2012 04:08 PMPosted by Hadel
First, waiting 1 minute and 30 seconds between every mob group is silly.

This. Silly can be fun, but only for so long.

By the way, your 86% damage reduction is wrong, because it counts the dodge as mitigation rather than avoidance as it should. Not that it makes a huge difference, but you only get 82.5% reduction, and that is only during the 7 seconds of Ignore Pain, not before, not after. As someone previously said, this is risky. For sure, this is not a build for a hardcore character.

Good luck not getting hit by a unique/boss while at 21-25% health without Ignore Pain being active. :)

Edit: also good luck against those fast moving unique mobs that run away from you and your earthquake to shoot from afar.
Edited by Arkatar#1387 on 4/28/2012 6:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You don't have to use the last 3 skills every time. Just spamming seismic smash with battle rage should be enough for most mobs. You can just push enemies down the whole dungeon with the massive knockback AOE. I believe reverse kiting is the right word for this? lol
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
04/28/2012 06:38 PMPosted by tenftcoke
You don't have to use the last 3 skills every time. Just spamming seismic smash with battle rage should be enough for most mobs. You can just push enemies down the whole dungeon with the massive knockback AOE. I believe reverse kiting is the right word for this? lol

Sorry, you replied faster than my edit...
04/28/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Arkatar
Edit: also good luck against those fast moving unique mobs that run away from you and your earthquake to shoot from afar.

I doubt your Seismic Slam will save you from all ranged attacks.

Don't get me wrong, it's a very interesting build, one that has potential. But, like many others, I don't believe it'll really work out, not at Inferno difficulty.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
Have to wonder what a group of 4 barbarians with that build would look like, though. :D
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
04/28/2012 06:38 PMPosted by tenftcoke
You can just push enemies down the whole dungeon with the massive knockback AOE.

Oh, and by the way, if the Skeleton King is immune to knockback, expect most if not all bosses to be immune too.

What's your strategy against bosses when all you have is Relentless? (i.e. IP and WotB are on cooldown)
Reply Quote
Rofl
I was drafting my reply to Townportal when you posted your comment. I had not read your first comment when I posted, but it just so happened that it answered both.

Since you seem familiar with the combat formulas, how exactly did you arrive at 82.5% damage reduction? I have no clue as to what the difference between mitigation and avoidance is.
Do you know how attack speed increases from skills such as wrath of the berserker affect Earthquake and other skills?
Reply Quote
For Bosses, you use the stagger rune for seismic slam (70% chance of 1.5s stun). It's buried in that wall of text on the first page, but that's forgivable =P.
Reply Quote
fyi bosses actually got stun resistance so the stun done by seismic slam will most likely be less than 1.5s or people would of just went 4 barb with ground stomp and rolled all bosses
Reply Quote
lol yeah cheapest is having 3 sorcs perma frost nova enemies. Blizzard definetly has some safeguard against permanent immobilization builds, probably some form of diminishing returns to encourage party's to have different classes.
I guess you might just have to switch to a completely different build for fighting bosses, although tbh barbarian just isn't good against bosses in general. I'll try to make a boss killer class, will post when done.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Someone is going to figure out first hand how bad those repair bills are.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
04/28/2012 06:56 PMPosted by tenftcoke
Since you seem familiar with the combat formulas, how exactly did you arrive at 82.5% damage reduction? I have no clue as to what the difference between mitigation and avoidance is.

(1 - .65)(1 - .5) = (1 - x)
.175 = 1 - x
x = 1 - .175
x = .825

Mitigation means "reduction of an effect". Avoidance means just that, "avoidance of an effect". Dodge doesn't reduce damage, it gives a chance to avoid it completely. If unlucky, it might not help you before you end up dying from taking too much unavoided, though mitigated, damage.

04/28/2012 06:56 PMPosted by tenftcoke
Do you know how attack speed increases from skills such as wrath of the berserker affect Earthquake and other skills?

I tested it with Rend. It was doing 60 dmg per mob with and without an attack speed buff. So no, attack speed does not affect the potency of an ability; it only affects your ability to use another ability earlier (or the same one if it doesn't have a cooldown).
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
04/28/2012 07:04 PMPosted by Alekhmaho
fyi bosses actually got stun resistance so the stun done by seismic slam will most likely be less than 1.5s or people would of just went 4 barb with ground stomp and rolled all bosses

IMO, easier and quicker if you spam Bash(Clobber) while keeping Rend up. :)
Reply Quote
04/28/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Arkatar

(1 - .65)(1 - .5) = (1 - x)
.175 = 1 - x
x = 1 - .175
x = .825

Mitigation means "reduction of an effect". Avoidance means just that, "avoidance of an effect". Dodge doesn't reduce damage, it gives a chance to avoid it completely. If unlucky, it might not help you before you end up dying from taking too much unavoided, though mitigated, damage.

I tested it with Rend. It was doing 60 dmg per mob with and without an attack speed buff. So no, attack speed does not affect the potency of an ability; it only affects your ability to use another ability earlier (or the same one if it doesn't have a cooldown).

I was thinking you meant something else with the damage avoidance/mitigation thing. I guess you assumed 20% evasion would do nothing (always assume the worst eh?), but I assumed that it would average out to 20% damage reduction based on the law of averages.

Okay, so attack speed increases do not affect skill damage, but do they affect skill speed? Does the 25% attack speed increase the speed at which you use rend? (I think it does). For DoT spells such as earthquake, I was thinking that greater attack speed allows you to do the same amount of damage over a shorter time.
Earthquake normally lasts 8 seconds, so if attack speed does affect DoTs, then it would the same damage over 8/1.25 = 6.4 seconds.
I wonder if it affects the attack speed of summons too.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Certainly an interesting idea, but I think enemy CC effects, ranged attackers, magical damage etc. will likely make that last 19% life very very dangerous (ie. get stunned/frozen/feared at 22% then beaten down the rest of the way before you can use your combo).

Still a very interesting build, I'll be tempted to try it at least once.

I did laugh a little though at comparing a massive combination of all the multipliers you could manage vs. a naked wizard with nothing but magic missile.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
04/28/2012 07:36 PMPosted by tenftcoke
I guess you assumed 20% evasion would do nothing (always assume the worst eh?), but I assumed that it would average out to 20% damage reduction based on the law of averages.

I believe that law only applies to large amounts of samples. You'll likely be dead before you reach those amounts.
Reply Quote
idk man i think peeps are hype'n it up too much...Skilled players will be able to beat inferno with good(or great^^) gear, I dont think that you will have to rely on exploits. With the changing of how skills are(making them all reliable-maybe not optimal) i see a majority of the builds working effient enought as long as there somewhat balanced for said situation. Hardcore players will find a way...think Demon Souls (i know COMPLETELY different game type) but when it first came out people hype'd it up saying it was so hard. Developers, offical sites and fans alike raved about its difficulty and it was kinda, when you first rolled a toon. Now i can run throught that game naked an maybe die a couple random crappy fall deaths thro the whole game on NG++++...why, because i played my !@# off and studied everything. Same deal with Diablo, sure countless waves with be rushin in at you but surely i will learn...i will fight...i will CONQUER RAWRRrrr!!

^With that out, players will have most likey played through easier modes an have a feel for whats to come, at the very least with how to deal with certain enemies an mobs. So what if it takes longer or you have to kite or backtrack or wait on CD's...whatever, point is most builds made here are surely capable of dealing with inferno with enough defensive measures(however obtained) as long as they play smart, have good gear and use their enemies weakness. I mean isnt that really the point with how bliz is doin D3's skills, to make them all substainable. I understand this is very vague an that in a party situation you would be gimping them and other/some ways stacking against yourself, but i believe most builds skill combinations will make it through, in my opinion (least solo)

In D2 there were certain 'viable' builds due to perma and skill tree synergy, this is not the exact case in D3, which offers even more ways to mold/push a build. Yet you can go to Youtube and watch a 'bad' build still solo Hell mode in D2 (with the proper gear an stat allocation to create synergy within skill-set/branch used) because they are skilled an knowledgable. Sides who ever said that those devs playing were 'great' or better then someone here posting their build. I see that if the barb couldnt survive outright then ok thats one thing, but to say they wont survive based on using a concept that doesnt use the skill everyone needs to use to get best dps/cc is pushin it for me. Thoughs?

Its just ima super HARD-hardcore player in games, meaning i prefer the hardest of challanges; lvl 3,2,1,1 Ozma, Excalibur 2 run, Penence/trema(no cat-nip)/omega(no invince)/Super Shinra, Guilty Gear Golds, MK challenge tower under 5 losses, naked Demon/dark souls runs, Ninjagaiden survival, DMC3 Heaven an Hell, round 50+ all zombie maps are some accomplishments conquered here so to think that just because numbers go up an mobs gain new abilibies..IT'S GONNA STOP ME!? no sir... no matter their strength, numbers or speed i will beat them, just MOST LIKELY not right away. Sry if i come off arrogant and cocky, im not at all trying to, i just love the challange/reward, were some start on easy, i choose hard its just that way. Yes Diablo is different and i may eat my words but hey, RDY.
Reply Quote
04/28/2012 07:38 PMPosted by Arkatar
I guess you assumed 20% evasion would do nothing (always assume the worst eh?), but I assumed that it would average out to 20% damage reduction based on the law of averages.

I believe that law only applies to large amounts of samples. You'll likely be dead before you reach those amounts.

It's much more inaccurate to assume 20% evasion does nothing as you did than it is to apply the law of averages.

Anyways, when you get trolls like Leviathan, you know its time to close the thread.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
idk man i think peeps are hype'n it up too much...Skilled players will be able to beat inferno with good(or great^^) gear, I dont think that you will have to rely on exploits. With the changing of how skills are(making them all reliable-maybe not optimal) i see a majority of the builds working effient enought as long as there somewhat balanced for said situation. Hardcore players will find a way...think Demon Souls (i know COMPLETELY different game type) but when it first came out people hype'd it up saying it was so hard. Developers, offical sites and fans alike raved about its difficulty and it was kinda, when you first rolled a toon. Now i can run throught that game naked an maybe die a couple random crappy fall deaths thro the whole game on NG++++...why, because i played my !@# off and studied everything. Same deal with Diablo, sure countless waves with be rushin in at you but surely i will learn...i will fight...i will CONQUER RAWRRrrr!!

^With that out, players will have most likey played through easier modes an have a feel for whats to come, at the very least with how to deal with certain enemies an mobs. So what if it takes longer or you have to kite or backtrack or wait on CD's...whatever, point is most builds made here are surely capable of dealing with inferno with enough defensive measures(however obtained) as long as they play smart, have good gear and use their enemies weakness. I mean isnt that really the point with how bliz is doin D3's skills, to make them all substainable. I understand this is very vague an that in a party situation you would be gimping them and other/some ways stacking against yourself, but i believe most builds skill combinations will make it through, in my opinion (least solo)

In D2 there were certain 'viable' builds due to perma and skill tree synergy, this is not the exact case in D3, which offers even more ways to mold/push a build. Yet you can go to Youtube and watch a 'bad' build still solo Hell mode in D2 (with the proper gear an stat allocation to create synergy within skill-set/branch used) because they are skilled an knowledgable. Sides who ever said that those devs playing were 'great' or better then someone here posting their build. I see that if the barb couldnt survive outright then ok thats one thing, but to say they wont survive based on using a concept that doesnt use the skill everyone needs to use to get best dps/cc is pushin it for me. Thoughs?

Its just ima super HARD-hardcore player in games, meaning i prefer the hardest of challanges; lvl 3,2,1,1 Ozma, Excalibur 2 run, Penence/trema(no cat-nip)/omega(no invince)/Super Shinra, Guilty Gear Golds, MK challenge tower under 5 losses, naked Demon/dark souls runs, Ninjagaiden survival, DMC3 Heaven an Hell, round 50+ all zombie maps are some accomplishments conquered here so to think that just because numbers go up an mobs gain new abilibies..IT'S GONNA STOP ME!? no sir... no matter their strength, numbers or speed i will beat them, just MOST LIKELY not right away. Sry if i come off arrogant and cocky, im not at all trying to, i just love the challange/reward, were some start on easy, i choose hard its just that way. Yes Diablo is different and i may eat my words but hey, RDY.

Aside from your first two sentences, what on earth were you trying to get across in that wall of text?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
Okay, so attack speed increases do not affect skill damage, but do they affect skill speed? Does the 25% attack speed increase the speed at which you use rend? (I think it does). For DoT spells such as earthquake, I was thinking that greater attack speed allows you to do the same amount of damage over a shorter time.Earthquake normally lasts 8 seconds, so if attack speed does affect DoTs, then it would the same damage over 8/1.25 = 6.4 seconds.

I didn't have enough speed difference to really tell whether Rend ticked faster.

Personally, I'm almost certain IAS only affects the speed at which you can use abilities.

04/28/2012 07:36 PMPosted by tenftcoke
I wonder if it affects the attack speed of summons too.

Good question. And now I'm a bit confused, because although I believe IAS doesn't affect DoT ticks, I would expect it to affect the summons' attack speed. Hmmm...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]